Hacking WiiSXR problems with Persona 2 english version

organbadger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey there it's my first time posting in here but I actually read this forum pretty often. Recently I discovered WiiSXR and decided to download it and install it because I wanna play persona 2, I downloaded Persona 2 - Tsumi ~ Innocent Sin (Japan) [En by Gemini v1.0a] to be specific. So I followed the procedure and all but my problem is that when I load the.bin file the game shows up the devil hackers logo and message at the start and the message talking about the ISO and translation, but then when I get to the now loading screen, the screen then remains black and I can't do anything, it doesn't crash as I'm able to go back into the emulator menu but then I tried to load it again and it's the same, I've tried at least 6 times, with two ISOs but one wasn't even in .bin or .img and the one I'm currently trying is. I actually downloaded and tried Crash Bandicoot to be sure it wasn't a emulator or installation issue and it worked like a charm, so I don't have a clue what's going on, if you check the compatibility list you will see that this persona 2 version is actually marked as playable and currently working, I've tried changing the processor to interpreter, starting the game without BIOS (currently using SCPH 1001), and activating frame skipping but nothing seems to work...Anybody has any ideas if I'm doing something wrong? I don't even know what to try anymore, the only thing I haven't tried is converting the .bin file to .img but I doubt it would work, Crash Bandicoot worked as a .bin file. I tried doing this with the other rom I had (which was originally ECM) converting it to .bin but it didn't work either, in fact, that time after the loading screen the emulator would shut down and take me back to the Wii U menu as if it restarted the system.

Last edited by organbadger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.