Hacking wiisx

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
this maybe such a silly question but i was reading and nintendont is classed as an interpreter and not an emulator? if this can be done with gamecube games would this not of been possible in a simular way for a n64 and wiisx.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendont is more of a virtual machine/sandbox, as far as I understand. It doesn't need to emulate the Gamecube CPU at all; it merely provides an environment that GC games like for the most part (faking how much RAM is available, redirecting memory cards and the DVD drive to sd or USB, patching certain parts of the games so they run at the correct speed, etc.). Since the N64 and PS1 use completely different CPUs (both use members of the MIPS family) than the Gamecube and Wii (these are PowerPCs), it's necessary to emulate them, so no, it's not really possible to provide a Nintendont-like homebrew for those two systems on the Wii.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers for clearing that up for me. i was just curiouse because i had used wiisx. crash bandicoot is playable with slight lag.
this thread can be closed now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...