wiisx

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jammybudga777, May 25, 2014.

1. jammybudga777
    OP

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    this maybe such a silly question but i was reading and nintendont is classed as an interpreter and not an emulator? if this can be done with gamecube games would this not of been possible in a simular way for a n64 and wiisx.

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Nintendont is more of a virtual machine/sandbox, as far as I understand. It doesn't need to emulate the Gamecube CPU at all; it merely provides an environment that GC games like for the most part (faking how much RAM is available, redirecting memory cards and the DVD drive to sd or USB, patching certain parts of the games so they run at the correct speed, etc.). Since the N64 and PS1 use completely different CPUs (both use members of the MIPS family) than the Gamecube and Wii (these are PowerPCs), it's necessary to emulate them, so no, it's not really possible to provide a Nintendont-like homebrew for those two systems on the Wii.

jammybudga777 likes this.
  3. jammybudga777
    OP

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    cheers for clearing that up for me. i was just curiouse because i had used wiisx. crash bandicoot is playable with slight lag.
    this thread can be closed now