Homebrew WiiSX With Wii Remote Support

jackdanielchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't code homebrew and stuff so I was wondering, if anybody could make a WiiSX build with Wii Remote Support? I know there's PCSX Revolution, but the emulation is really choppy...

jackdanielchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please?

Posts merged

I don't have a GC controller or Classic Controller, and I don't want to waste money just on an emulator...

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jackdanielchan said:
I don't have a GC controller or Classic Controller, and I don't want to waste money just on an emulator...

Why you not buy Classic Controller or GameCube controller? I think the Classic Controller is cheap (about 14 U.S. dollars).

D

Deleted-171178

Buying a Classic Controller is worth it, £10 and works with loads of games on the wii, get a GC controller for £5.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
better buy a gc controller, because you can also use it for gc games

but it is possible to map all buttons, like this:
left analog: analog stick from nunchuck
right analog: wii mote gyro's, with turning being the left/right, and up and down up/down
directional pad: shaking with nunchuck
those 4 right ones, dont know how they are called : wiimote d-pad
L1: C
L2: Z
R1: A
R2: B

or something like that

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel as though motion-based controls would defeat the purpose of a PlayStation emulator, considering that it never had that type of control to begin with.

If the wiimote worked as a lightgun for PS games... That would be the only time I'd use a wiimote to play a PS game.

jackdanielchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Went to my store, they've stopped selling GC controllers, and because they're stopping VC they've stopped selling classic controllers... Sigh.... Still if anyone could help it would be nice...

@Inferior_Design
The Wii-Remote for light gun games sounds great, especially Time Crisis!

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jackdanielchan said:
Went to my store, they've stopped selling GC controllers, and because they're stopping VC they've stopped selling classic controllers... Sigh.... Still if anyone could help it would be nice...

I'd recommend secondhand stores or garage sales for GC controllers. I've seen classic controllers everywhere.

What you mean they're stopping VC? Link?

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If true, that's a kick in the balls. Wii's best selling point is the roundabout "backwards compatibility" with VC and GC compatibility. If VC completely stops, sure it sucks, but praise Arceus for emulators.

So, to keep this on topic... I'm standing by my belief that motion controls are a gimmick unless done properly. There's no way PSX games can do motion control the right way since they weren't made that way to begin with.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well its better to have a remote than none. The original poster of this thread, wants it because it means he needs nothing more than his wiimote nothing extra e.g a gamecube controller or classic remote. I know you i don't live in uganda and can afford these things. Besides its generally nicer to have this option albeit not very intuitive.

D

Deleted-171178

Could somebody build WiiSX that lets you:
A)
Choose Wii remote/nunchuck, Classic controller and gamecube controller as 3 seperate options.
and
B)
Lets you re configure the controls.

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Nintendo is not stopping VC releases. Its from a shit source, and if they really were announcing the cancellation of VC games, then IGN or another big name would have it by now. Plus, it would be stupid to stop VC releases, it costs them very little, with large profits to produce a VC game. Second, they have not halted production on the Classic Controller. They have a vast VC collection online already, and new Wii buyers will most likely purchase a game and a controller to play already available games on the service. So, that being said, go to the store, and buy one. But...

My guess is:
A) You lied about going to store to buy one.
B) You went to a store that was sold out of them (but will be getting more because the VC is still going).
C) You are to young to drive.

Now, on to your original question. Why in the world would you want to Wiimote only support? It has far to few buttons, and is not practical. You will not be able to play any games at all, which is why everyone is "Flaming" you or telling you to buy a Classic Controller.

Short answer: You can not use WiiSX because you don't have to required peripherals. To bad and get over it, or buy a CC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1