Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
only needed the .cue ?
Do you really thing your game is few Kb ? not 650MB?

The game is the ".bin" file, not the other one.

The .Cue file is a dump/burn data file, it can be used if the iso has multiple tracks (like tombraider dumped track by track with data+cda instead of Disc at once iso).
I don't remember if Wiisx use it to load multitrack bin files, but just keep them in the same folder, it won't harm to have more files.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
laugh.gif

But...but...he has a GOOD .cue file. Surely that means the game will play. The other part is just of that "data" stuff, right?

*goes and tries to play a movie by making VLC read the subtitle file*

Ahem...in all seriousness. Assuming the OP meant the bin file (or "the large part"), there are still other things to consider.

First of all: not all games work. Check this list for your game.

Second: recheck the settings (or the remarks by the game in the above wiki). Some only work on dynarek, others only on interpreter. There is no "one setting plays all" setting, so try some settings. I could point you to matguitar or wiisixtyfour's modifications, but to my knowledge, those only increase speed a bit...it won't make things load that otherwise wouldn't load.

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exkorath said:
hey im new at this so shut up, also yes i got the .bin files even though it was kind of a pain to find them all.

Hey hey, just some good natured hazing, most everyone when they start emulation is at a loss to what the frell is going on with file types, just be glad you found a bin/cue and not a mdf/mds, or nrg/???, ccd/sub/img in which case, converting might be in order.

wbfs through me for a loop until I figured out it's just compressing and removing sectors.

In case you do run in to other image file types, the actual image is the largest one (most of the time), and whatever extras are normally tracks, or which order to read/write them.

Also: Anyone remember trying to get SegaCD images to work? Talk about hit or miss, ISO/MP3 is what I see in my nightmares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @DinohScene, "rag tag team of idiots" you mean me? :tpi:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh yeah @K3Nv2 I got that power bank in the other day, thing is pretty sweet. Seems legit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, how much did you spend? Saw it on sale for $35 yesterday tempted to grab another one
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I paid $49 for it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Which all things considered is a great price
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I took it with me to a medical appointment and the nurse was like that's a big charger :creep:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's not the only thing here that's big ;) (it's the medical bill because the US healthcare system is an absolute joke)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Luckily I get to whore myself to insurance which billing departments have no idea on how to handle
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Luckily I get to whore myself to insurance which billing departments have no idea on how to handle