PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tested Latest Wiistation build (until 7faa819)

- FMVs are fixed and play correctly. \o/
- "Force NTSC" works but the image is shifted down (a black bar appears at the top of the screen).
It can be corrected if the PAL game has an "Adjust screen" setting (which is the case for Magical Tetris Challenge). Otherwise, works perfectly.

How would force NTSC work? Does it make PAL games run at 60 FPS and therefore run fast?
It must be used with poorly converted PAL games. At 50Hz, they run 17% slower than the NTSC version, and the worst ones has even some input lag. Force NTSC makes them run at the same speed than the NTSC version.

For 50Hz native or 50Hz optimized games, I suppose using Force NTSC will make them run too fast (I could test on Colin MacRae 2 to check, but I'm lazy ^^)

Should be this option enabled ONLY for games that can't run at full speed and disabled by default?
Frame Skip is to... skip frames. If the game is slow, and has some audio crackles, use it.
If everything runs smooth, let it turned off. (I never had to use it on Wiistation, all games I tested run as smooth as butter).

does the individual game settings feature also save control settings per game?
Unfortunately, it can be saved only as a global setting.
Per game, custom button mappings must be loaded manually.

Last edited by Ouaz,

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Frame Skip is to... skip frames. If the game is slow, and has some audio crackles, use it.
If everything runs smooth, let it turned off. (I never had to use it on Wiistation, all games I tested run as smooth as butter).
Thank you, Cpt. Obvious :)

Question is: how many frames? Is it a fixed method (eg. render one - drop one), or dynamic based on how many frames Wii can actually render?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_e4b274e_25122023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested wrc rally arcade (pal)

"force ntsc" off

IMG_20231225_213837.jpg

"Force ntsc" on

IMG_20231225_213738.jpg

Abominabletable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a stupid question related to audio: most games I play using either lightrec or dynarec, the audio seems to be at a lower sample rate. Is this by design, I.e audio buffer, in order to achieve higher performance? Or is it a problem with some way that I have Wiistation configured? I am using the newest release.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tested new build and it seems like problem with random crashes during loading the game hasn't been fixed. This time I've removed old settings (individual too), so problem is in emulator itself.

Most games work fine, but:
- Moto Racer 2 freezes after finishing race
- Pro Pinball: Timeshock! still running too fast
- Loony Tunes: Sheep Raider - freezing after Infogrames video (game that used to work long time ago!)

Can info about loading individual settings be shown after loading game (next to information about save file)?

And more important, can individual setting save only options set diffrent to main settings? At this point when something is changed in config file (on latest build the "Force NTCS" option, but I think there will be more options to set - hopefully image scalling for example) and old settings file should be deleted - all individual config files should be deleted too (otherwise deleting main file would make no sense). If individual file would contain only options that have to be changed from main settings, then deleting individual configs would not be nessesery.

With those "diffrence" settings files, everytime game is loaded emulator should at first load main file, and then the individual file. And one little request: can individual configs have some comment on first line with ISO file name?

Reactions: GustavoReis

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tested new build and it seems like problem with random crashes during loading the game hasn't been fixed. This time I've removed old settings (individual too), so problem is in emulator itself.

Most games work fine, but:
- Moto Racer 2 freezes after finishing race
- Pro Pinball: Timeshock! still running too fast
- Loony Tunes: Sheep Raider - freezing after Infogrames video (game that used to work long time ago!)

Can info about loading individual settings be shown after loading game (next to information about save file)?

And more important, can individual setting save only options set diffrent to main settings? At this point when something is changed in config file (on latest build the "Force NTCS" option, but I think there will be more options to set - hopefully image scalling for example) and old settings file should be deleted - all individual config files should be deleted too (otherwise deleting main file would make no sense). If individual file would contain only options that have to be changed from main settings, then deleting individual configs would not be nessesery.

With those "diffrence" settings files, everytime game is loaded emulator should at first load main file, and then the individual file. And one little request: can individual configs have some comment on first line with ISO file name?
I will test these games you mentioned later, both in lightrec and in the old ppc dynarec
with bios and hle to see if compatibility changes anything
@xjsxjs197 recently compiled the latest updates and put a link on github that can be downloaded
Here

Edit: moto racer 2 don't freezes for me
Sheep raider freezes after infogrames logo for me too

Last edited by GustavoReis,

7bbbbbbb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested the latest WiiStation build until git e4b274e.
I've noticed that if i use the multitap option on a game with some wiimotes and a wii u pro controller only the wii u controller will work in-game, this doesn't happen using wiimotes only, or without the multitap option (a wii and a wii u controller can be used simultaneously in this case).

Also, weird stuff happens when mixing wii and wii u controllers, it would be cool if the emulator could identify a wii u controller so it doesn't get confused with a wii one or viceversa (The not64 emulator works like this).

Thanks for working on it, this is really cool stuff.

Reactions: Disorarara

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tested the latest WiiStation build until git e4b274e.
I've noticed that if i use the multitap option on a game with some wiimotes and a wii u pro controller only the wii u controller will work in-game, this doesn't happen using wiimotes only, or without the multitap option (a wii and a wii u controller can be used simultaneously in this case).

Also, weird stuff happens when mixing wii and wii u controllers, it would be cool if the emulator could identify a wii u controller so it doesn't get confused with a wii one or viceversa (The not64 emulator works like this).

Thanks for working on it, this is really cool stuff.

This is a good report, there isn't a lot of testing done on WiiU and WiiU controllers and it's not possible to test and debug in dolphin currently.

Minor bug report, Liberogrande's shadows will become black boxes if left on the attract for too long - doesn't occur in dynarec but dynarec also has incorrect game speed that makes it run much slower than usual, far inferior to lightrec. It's not the biggest issue in the world though, but is worth reporting as incorrectly emulated behavior

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
New build of WiiStation until git https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/f2fac9052f660462ce7110b6629912c02e7bafd1 with this new fix by notaz https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/cb45b078e3e9cf601f6055f562e149415a8947ad

What's new:
  • Fix (again) disc swap, by integrating latest swap CD code from PCSX-ReARMed and upstream WiiSX. Fixes disc swap at Vib-Ribbon.
  • gpulib: maybe better loop detection (notaz). Fixes the crashes at Loading screens in This is Football 2.
Please test this build, thanks. (DELETE EVERY SETTING FILE, INCLUDING THE ONES FROM /wiisxrx/settings/.)

Also, Happy New Year 2024 to everyone. :D

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_cb45b07_29122023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
New build of WiiStation until git https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/f2fac9052f660462ce7110b6629912c02e7bafd1 with this new fix by notaz https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/cb45b078e3e9cf601f6055f562e149415a8947ad

What's new:
  • Fix (again) disc swap, by integrating latest swap CD code from PCSX-ReARMed and upstream WiiSX. Fixes disc swap at Vib-Ribbon.
  • gpulib: maybe better loop detection (notaz). Fixes the crashes at Loading screens in This is Football 2.
Please test this build, thanks. (DELETE EVERY SETTING FILE, INCLUDING THE ONES FROM /wiisxrx/settings/.)

Indeed it fixes TIF2, I would only wish for force NTSC to keep a proper image to be truly flawless :D

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

What's new:

I recommend getting the NTSC force from Duckstation, its image aspect is perfect

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
Indeed it fixes TIF2, I would only wish for force NTSC to keep a proper image to be truly flawless :D
I haven't tested jokippo's force NTSC, but it was reported that it works perfectly, probably by digging through its code, you will find the error that causes this image error in the official version of wiistation

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...