PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Small update, this adds a way to adjust the sensitivity of the analog sticks. (My somewhat broken GC controller needs a 1.5x multiplier to work correctly)

Also fixes the standard controller detection issue and Vib Ribbon displays correctly in 240p mode now.

And Interpreter mode should work again.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV15
hello. First of all, thank you for your effort and dedication with the PS1 emulator for Wii. I was playing gun games and I saved both the configuration of the controls and buttons and the general configuration of the emulator. When you turn off the Wii and reload the gun games, the controller configuration has changed. I go into the control options and I see that the control configuration is no longer manual (it is automatic). Even forcing this configuration via wiiflow arguments, the emulator forces the automatic controller stop option instead of the manual one. With this new update, does the control configuration remain saved or does it return to automatic? all the best. thank you

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small update, this adds a way to adjust the sensitivity of the analog sticks. (My somewhat broken GC controller needs a 1.5x multiplier to work correctly)

Also fixes the standard controller detection issue and Vib Ribbon displays correctly in 240p mode now.

Hey that’s awesome! I’ve noticed my classic controller sometimes doesn’t hit the full analog value to run in Ape Escape. Could be my controller, but I suspect it also has to do with the octagonal joystick gates that didn’t exist on PS1 controllers.

Reactions: SaulFabre

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. i had the same issue.
You need 2 partitions.
Wiistation requires a fat32 one, so format your usb drive in fat32 32k MBR and it will work.
USB loader GX needs an NTFS partition and Nintendont can handle Fat32 either.

Problem is, my hdd is already formatted in fat32 32k mbr...

Ok I solved it. My problem was the forwarder I'm using in Wii U side. If I open Wii Station with the forwarder, for some reason then Wii station is unable to load isos from USB. If I open Wii Station normally from homebrew launcher then it can launch USB isos. Weird but it is what it is.

Last edited by marchrius,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Jokippo Can you put a fast forward option on the emulator, combined with a keyboard (2 buttons)?

Dont think its feaseble.

Now, one suggestion by my own hand, if not adding the ability to go back to the emulator menu with the wiimote home button, can it at least more combo buttons be added to toggle it aside from ZL and ZR and Y and X.

how about, holding select for 3 seconds :)

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Jokippo Can you put a fast forward option on the emulator, combined with a keyboard (2 buttons)?
I bet a fast forward option could be possible in a sense… Normally you want to play with FPS limit, but if you turn it off, the game will run as fast as it can (very fast on many games). If there were a way to assign a button to toggle that while in-game instead of exiting to the menu, then it would work. I don’t know if that’s possible though.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe once/if a hardware accelerated video renderer is added.

I take it you saw my post about Ape Escape.

And my GC controller left analog has had issues with not wanting to go all the way to the left side, though this issue is/was unique to the controller and not the emulator. Opening it up and cleaning it usually fixes it for a time. Hopefully I won't have to clean it again just to fix it's range issues.

Last edited by _47iscool,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got a really dumb question for you guys! If the Wii U is incapable of outputting 240p, what does 240p do in Wii Station on Wii U? I was half expecting a crash or a black screen but it seems like it's working as intended even in Wii U (vWii of course).

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had some issues with the Jumping Flash games.

jumping flash - fmvs are glitchy at the bottom of the screen, otherwise perfect (wiisx 3.0 and WiiSXRX-40-Preview do not have this issue)
jumping flash 2 - lots of missing polygons

can anyone else verify these issues?

Last edited by seam1,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a really dumb question for you guys! If the Wii U is incapable of outputting 240p, what does 240p do in Wii Station on Wii U? I was half expecting a crash or a black screen but it seems like it's working as intended even in Wii U (vWii of course).

The WiiU as I understand it doesn't have 240p at all as a video mode that the hardware can output so it very well might just do nothing, or just doubling the image to 480p

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The WiiU as I understand it doesn't have 240p at all as a video mode that the hardware can output so it very well might just do nothing, or just doubling the image to 480p
It's probably this, I can definitely see a difference between (supposedly) 240p and 480i, at least on SCART RGB.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi @SaulFabre
Can you compile these requests for us?

Screenshot_20230921-080649.png

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried the latest build and the interpreter worked again, I replaced it with the previous build, thanks!
I already knew that the improvements weren't for the games I'm interested in and in fact they still don't work, in case anyone wants to take a look I'll leave the titles and the various problems:
F1 2000 / F1 Championship Season 2000 - the games crash at the first screen using Lightrec / Dynarec, with Interpreter the game works but very slow, if you want to switch and use Dynarec or Lightrec saving the state, the games crash again or give code dump errors
Defcon 5 - the game works well at perfect speed, but it is impossible to play it because only some parts of the map are visible, in addition to our character's HUD
Bedlam - the game has serious graphical glitches from the first screen, making it impossible to see the menu and be able to do anything
Ronaldo V-Football - the game works well until the start of the game, but after a few seconds it starts to have serious frame drops and the game slows down a lot, and then goes back to working normally (but this thing repeats every 4/5 seconds, making it impossible play well)
WWF In Your House - the game works perfectly but once you enter a match, the ring and everything else has serious graphical glitches, except the wrestlers
This Is Football 2 - the game freezes as soon as you give the OK to enter a match

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
F1 2000 / F1 Championship Season 2000 - the games crash at the first screen using Lightrec / Dynarec, with Interpreter the game works but very slow, if you want to switch and use Dynarec or Lightrec saving the state, the games crash again or give code dump errors
In my latest commits i backported a change from PCSX-ReARMed (Libretro) made by pcercuei (the creator of Lightrec) which allows EA Sports F1 2000 to boot in Lightrec.

But, it crashes further, after you confirm your selection of starting a race, however if you boot in Interpreter, make a savestate when the race starts, and switch to Lightrec and load the savestate, it works for me.

Gonna post the new build in a few hours.

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In my latest commits i backported a change from PCSX-ReARMed (Libretro) made by pcercuei (the creator of Lightrec) which allows EA Sports F1 2000 to boot in Lightrec.

But, it crashes further, after you confirm your selection of starting a race, however if you boot in Interpreter, make a savestate when the race starts, and switch to Lightrec and load the savestate, it works for me.

Gonna post the new build in a few hours.
Awesome, every time I tried to do the same thing the game always crashed, I'll try it as soon as I can, thanks so much for the support 👏 for the other games I listed is there a possibility of doing something?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@retrodern @GustavoReis

Latest build of WiiStation until git d8dd223
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/d8dd223f800e0ffb7fdc486541e51e759b931932

I merged this commit of emulating BREAK and SYSCALL on Lightrec from Libretro's PCSX-ReARMed (https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/pull/763) and made a tiny tidy-up in the code for the ICache implementation, basing in the original implementation to PCSX-ReARMed by gameblabla.

It includes all changes of 240p_v15 from @Jokippo, of course.

Please test this build, thanks ;)

Defcon 5 - the game works well at perfect speed, but it is impossible to play it because only some parts of the map are visible, in addition to our character's HUD
Bedlam - the game has serious graphical glitches from the first screen, making it impossible to see the menu and be able to do anything
Ronaldo V-Football - the game works well until the start of the game, but after a few seconds it starts to have serious frame drops and the game slows down a lot, and then goes back to working normally (but this thing repeats every 4/5 seconds, making it impossible play well)
WWF In Your House - the game works perfectly but once you enter a match, the ring and everything else has serious graphical glitches, except the wrestlers
This Is Football 2 - the game freezes as soon as you give the OK to enter a match

for the other games I listed is there a possibility of doing something?
@retrodern

I guess the graphical glitches in those games mentioned are related to the GTE code, current Lightrec, the current P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU code on WiiStation, or something else. I just don't know.
For slowdowns, crashes, etc., i guess it's from Lightrec.

Can you try these games on the PC (Windows, Linux, Mac) version of PCSX-ReARMed (on RetroArch) for see if this error occurs here too? Also trying these with latest WiiSX (https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/actions)?

@Jokippo, @xjsxjs197, any idea about what's happening these?

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_d8dd223_20092023.zip
    1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited by SaulFabre,
  • Love
Reactions: GustavoReis

alberto1409

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wiistation 2.4 tried with all 15 versions in Need for Speed High Stakes NTSC-U or PAL Road Chalenge-manu skip and not reproduces best music for all nfs games "Quantum Singularity",the rest works good.Check it out.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

alberto1409

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wiistation 2.4 tried all setiings the Need for Speed High Stakes NTSC-U or PAL Road Chalenge (bin,cue) in game menu skip and not reproduce best music for all nfs games "Rom Di Prisco-Quantum Singularity",the rest works good. Check it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol