PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

nicknicolau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Added some Justifier lightgun support, some games may require you to use the in-game calibration screen. It is recommended that you leave the lightgun option off for non lightgun games. Die hard trilogy 2 doesn't work yet.

Also fixed a resolution issue that Metal gear solid PAL and Grandia had.

The Grandia crash seems to be a Lightrec issue, but since Xjsxjs197 has added the old Dynarec back in as an option you can try that instead.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV13
LETS GOOOOOOOO

BoozUchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Greetings to all :D I'm very happy with version 13 of Wiistation, @Jokippo I want to congratulate you for your excellent work and for improving this great emulator more and more, the new options is amazing, no more code dump error in Grandia when going to the third floor of Justin's house, and You also corrected the graphic error of the conversations by codecs in Metal Gear Solid ^^ You are the best, I congratulate you Jokippo, I am grateful to you for your effort and for giving us these joys playing PS1 on our Wii <3
IMG_20230902_162732.jpg

IMG_20230902_162609.jpg

IMG_20230902_162513.jpg

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Added some Justifier lightgun support, some games may require you to use the in-game calibration screen. It is recommended that you leave the lightgun option off for non lightgun games. Die hard trilogy 2 doesn't work yet.

Also fixed a resolution issue that Metal gear solid PAL and Grandia had.

The Grandia crash seems to be a Lightrec issue, but since Xjsxjs197 has added the old Dynarec back in as an option you can try that instead.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV13
Thank you for this, and sorry for the pressure, take your time with this things.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That might be strange question to ask, but how far as gone this emulator now?? is it better in term of compatibility now than Duckstation/EPSXE /FPSE on android for example now? What I LIKE on the Wii device is that it can use GAMEPAD, load from SD Card and the interface is great, that makes it great!

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That might be strange question to ask, but how far as gone this emulator now?? is it better in term of compatibility now than Duckstation/EPSXE /FPSE on android for example now? What I LIKE on the Wii device is that it can use GAMEPAD, load from SD Card and the interface is great, that makes it great!
No it is not better than duckstation/epsxe.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
No it is not better than duckstation/epsxe.
ePSXe (enhanced PSX emulator) SUCKS!!! It's closed-source crap that is not updated regularly anymore!!!
And, DuckStation is an ACCURATE PSX emulator, so the emulation here needs a better hardware, 15x times more power than the Wii has.

In both cases, ePSXe and DuckStation WON'T run at a reasonable speed on Wii!!!
That's why developers chose to port PCSX emulator to the Wii. It's free, open-source, uses also open-source plugins (CDRISO, DFSound, P.E.Op.S. GPU, etc.), and also needs less system requirements than other PS1 emulators.
And thanks to the community, (also Extrems for helping optimizing the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin on Wii), the PSX emus (WiiStation but also latest WiiSX) is going even more optimized to run on the Wii.

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the update was great, I just tested it
I noticed some small bugs
first: after starting time crisis and playing a little, if I try to select another game, it will no longer recognize the usb, having to exit the emulator and enter again.
second: after playing area 51 for a bit, if i try to select another game, it just freezes the screen
third: playing need for speed 3 through the old ppc dynarec, it's much easier to follow or pass the cpu cars, since with lightrec the cpu distanced itself in an incredible way
I do not have this issue with time crisis or any other game. I do not have Area 51 to test. I will list the following issues that I am personally having now:

Issue 1 - When using guncon the cursor is now a little bit ABOVE where you are shooting (before it was below). This is very noticeable in resident evil survivor and elemental gearbolt.

Issue 2 - Time crisis Project Titan, the music is like playing at half the speed while the game appears to be running fullspeed. Can anyone else verify this? Has it always been this way?

Issue 3 - Guncon button configs always reset even after I saved them. I can still hit LOAD and it will load what I saved, but it always resets to default after I close the emulator. Maybe this is intentional?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Which is the best emu.....Duckstation?
DuckStation is the best emu for PS1, but for PC. Other platforms i don't know.
Since DuckStation is more focused in accuracy, it needs more system requirements (more hardware specs).

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you are right Saulfabre......Nothing to say more. FPSE isquite okay on my android Tv. Was wondering which one is the most powerful between my 2021 TV and my WIIU for ps1...

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Reactions: SaulFabre

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed some slight audio issues with my games on SD card while they seem fine on USB. Problem is, my USB is usually hidden with U stealth and I have to unhide it in order to use it with wii station. Would you suggest me to switch sd cards or look for an alternative to u stealth?

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Think of it atm as a midpoint between Zsnes and Snes9x but for playstation, probably above Emurayden and Bleem now, but keep hope on it slowly cause but surely i will keep goin up from here and getting better, all with the improvements on lightrec when they come out, caring to get trough it is what makes the difference, as i mentioned before, before lightrec, and even when pre Wiistation restarted as WiiSXRX 2022, no one tought that we would jump to the point that almost all 2d titles could run properly and at full-speed and most 3D was out of question, and there was the attitude around it when people were like ''eeeeh we dont know, maybe, but you know, wii doesnt have the power'' which could be interpreted as truth but overly discouraging or just underselling the potential.

And then lightrec came out early this year, and look were w are now, sure, might take till late this year or early next one to achieve another leap, but its possible, look at the GBA emulation scene on the Wii, same situation, we stuck with VBAgx which wasnt even up to VBA-M standards and it just plain didnt work for GBA most of the time.................and then mGBA came out, and then it got ported to the Wii, and that thing can run almost every GBA rom ever, even Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and the Boktai games with ZERO issues!

So yeah, be patient, and keep an eye on this place for awhile (oddly enough i really doubt that the old Wii emu wikis are keeping up to date with us at all)
Post automatically merged:

ePSXe (enhanced PSX emulator) SUCKS!!! It's closed-source crap that is not updated regularly anymore!!!
And, DuckStation is an ACCURATE PSX emulator, so the emulation here needs a better hardware, 15x times more power than the Wii has.

In both cases, ePSXe and DuckStation WON'T run at a reasonable speed on Wii!!!
That's why developers chose to port PCSX emulator to the Wii. It's free, open-source, uses also open-source plugins (CDRISO, DFSound, P.E.Op.S. GPU, etc.), and also needs less system requirements than other PS1 emulators.
And thanks to the community, (also Extrems for helping optimizing the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin on Wii), the PSX emus (WiiStation but also latest WiiSX) is going even more optimized to run on the Wii.
Dont forget about Mednafen PSX, is that one for accuracy or speed for toasters?

nicknicolau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Issue 3 - Guncon button configs always reset even after I saved them. I can still hit LOAD and it will load what I saved, but it always resets to default after I close the emulator. Maybe this is intentional?
Make sure to change the Auto Load Slot to the one you saved the guncon/justifier buttons, and then save the settings. Also happened to me :rolleyes:

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@MeXen Yeah i was aware of Mednafen PSX but i think trying to port Mednafen PSX (aka Beetle PSX) would be difficult...

for a possible Beetle PSX core for Wii, we would also need that core use also Lightrec. (Yeah, Lightrec was added in a fork of Beetle PSX)

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Been testing some ps1 games in Wiistation for a few hours and a couple of things came up:

(1) The Wii U pro controller and Wii U gamepad's analog sticks don't quite reach the highest value of diagonals, as shown in Padtest. It's very subtle but it may actually affect some of the analog compatible games. If anyone want to test, remember you need to enable analog under input settings first.

(2) Does the wii u overclocking really make any difference?
Since Wiistation by default runs pretty good I usually wouldn't bother using the overclock mode, but there's still some minor framedrops here and there so I thought of doing a little test with both vWii speed and Wii U speed and it seems that the games get the exact same overall performance, same framedrops and all. I really saw no difference if any. I'm wondering if this mode is enabled at all. Maybe the Credits button in Wiistation's menu is misreporting 1.2ghz?
If you know of a game that one could really see the benefits of overclocking please mention it so I could confirm that my setup is properly done.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Been testing some ps1 games in Wiistation for a few hours and a couple of things came up:

(1) The Wii U pro controller and Wii U gamepad's analog sticks don't quite reach the highest value of diagonals, as shown in Padtest. It's very subtle but it may actually affect some of the analog compatible games. If anyone want to test, remember you need to enable analog under input settings first.

(2) Does the wii u overclocking really make any difference?
Since Wiistation by default runs pretty good I usually wouldn't bother using the overclock mode, but there's still some minor framedrops here and there so I thought of doing a little test with both vWii speed and Wii U speed and it seems that the games get the exact same overall performance, same framedrops and all. I really saw no difference if any. I'm wondering if this mode is enabled at all. Maybe the Credits button in Wiistation's menu is misreporting 1.2ghz?
If you know of a game that one could really see the benefits of overclocking please mention it so I could confirm that my setup is properly done.

Terracon, Raycrisis and Bloody Roar 2 all struggle to reach full speed consistently. If you're getting full speed in Bloody Roar 2 it's a good indicator that your overclock works. Or perhaps you can try the old dynarec core which runs less games at full speed.

Some more game testing:

Devil Dice NTSC seems to not load gameplay anymore after the FMVs on lightrec but the PAL version runs and plays fine. Older versions of lightrec did play this game.

Thunderforce V will crash and return to HBC in the first boss fight using lightrec but will play through successfully using old dynarec, at a speed penalty.

Duke Nukem Total Meltdown has a visual anomaly with sloped surfaces on both lightrec and dynarec.

Street Fighter EX2 and Quake 2 will encounter random crashes using lightrec but run fine using dynarec, at a speed penalty.

Doblete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is it planned to integrate the perspective correction option in the future? Or does the Wii simply not have the power to integrate this option?

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it planned to integrate the perspective correction option in the future? Or does the Wii simply not have the power to integrate this option?

I don't wanna make any value judgements since I don't know much about programming or the wii's power but even with a new dynamic recompiler created from scratch for the wii (lightrec) it's still struggling to reach full speed on a couple of games. It's my understanding that perspective correction takes quite a heavy processing load that's nothing for modern computers but we're dealing with a console from late 2006, that was underpowered even at release.

I would like to know if at the very least the 16:9 rendering can be backported from PCSX rearmed, it works with basically every single 3D game flawlessly and looks great too, or hardware accelerated rendering.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thunderforce V will crash and return to HBC in the first boss fight using lightrec but will play through successfully using old dynarec, at a speed penalty.
As this game is the best reason playing PS1 with Castlevania, Tekken3 and Rtype3 Delta, I hope it will someday be fixed ^^

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far