PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow now it looks much better with 240p support, thank u very much for implementing it.

I don't know if only it happens to me but playing Disney's Treasure Planet the character falls into the void going on a flat surface as if there were no texture, what could be the cause?
I'm playing PAL version of game.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
wow now it looks much better with 240p support, thank u very much for implementing it.

I don't know if only it happens to me but playing Disney's Treasure Planet the character falls into the void going on a flat surface as if there were no texture, what could be the cause?
I'm playing PAL version of game.

Sounds like a lightrec bug

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Question, since i updated 2 versions ago, including the 240p version, anyone has noticed there's a slight half a second audio delay on gameplay? why is that?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Question, since i updated 2 versions ago, including the 240p version, anyone has noticed there's a slight half a second audio delay on gameplay? why is that?
Same issue here.
Latest releases seems the audio and video aren't really synced anymore?
The audio has a terrible delay of 1/2-1 second...

This makes playing some games a bit tricky (ex. Vib-Ribbon needs the players to follow the music rhythm for progress on the game, but that delay makes playing music in it somewhat tricky.)

Reactions: GustavoReis

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Same issue here.
Latest releases seems the audio and video aren't really synced anymore?
The audio has a terrible delay of 1/2-1 second...

This makes playing some games a bit tricky (ex. Vib-Ribbon needs the players to follow the music rhythm for progress on the game, but that delay makes playing music in it somewhat tricky.)
Was that because of the one update that broke CDDA support?

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's a good suggestion, oh please for the love of god, made the Home button of the wiimote itself FUNCTIONAL just like the Classic Controller one, i experimented playing PSX games that do not use analog or bottom shoulder buttons with the SNES classic controller (welp, Super famicom in my case), and it is GLORIOUS, but i fucking hate having to either change it to the CC or just holding the power button on my wiimote!

I BEG YOU!

Reactions: Disorarara

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I mentioned the audio delay a few days ago, good to know is not just me.

Yesterday I was testing Digimon World and it might be because of the change to Lightrec, but I did not see the control hanging up issue that happened before, which is great.

But I have one question, is there a way to make the analog stick function on games that do not support analog?

I thought it would be as easy as to map the d-pad directions on the left stick, but you can only change it to act as either left or right. Am I missing something?

If not, it's not a big issue. The audio is the real important one.

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just on more small change that enables the trap filter for composite modes, this cleans up the image on my crt especially on white text. It is not enabled for component.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV4a

Also all changes are now merged into the main Wiistation branch, so any new Wiistation releases should have 240p mode now.

And yeah hopefully the audio delay will get solved, I don't think it's anything I changed.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for your work, Jokkipo.

To be fair, the audio situation in all forks of WiiSX I know is very messy and each one gives different results.

Using Vandal Hearts as an example of a game I know pretty well...

On the early pre-release version of WiiSX Lightrec by emu_kiddid that was shared some time ago, the sound is missing its echo-y/reverb effect, and it's missing instruments. But still, it wasn't supposed to be a public release and is work in progress, of course.

On WiiSXRX, the instruments seem to be there, but there is no reverb.

On Wiistation (I think it's 2.0 the one I have on my Wii) the reverb is there, but it's missing some instruments.

And on the version you've shared based on 2.4, it sounds like Wiistation but it has that delay (which might be from the original 2.4 version, I would need to test it).

With Wiistation versions, more than missing instruments, it's like they're there but get muted super fast with each note or their volume goes down to 0. Pretty strange.

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question, isnt trap filter like bilinear filtering? cause now it doesnt look so harp at 240p?
I am not sure how it would affect the image on a high end upscaler. On my CRT it improves the picture quality but you can't really see sharp pixels on a TV like that.
It shouldn't be enabled if you use component cables, which are the ones you would use with an upscaler or HDTV.

If it really does make the image less sharp for upscalers when using composite cables, I might have to add an option for it somewhere.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
On my end with 480p, I appreciate no difference between the previous version and this one with the trap filter. I made screenshots just to be sure and yeah, they look like literally the same output, so maybe MeXen is not playing in Progressive Scan.

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
On my end with 480p, I appreciate no difference between the previous version and this one with the trap filter. I made screenshots just to be sure and yeah, they look like literally the same output, so maybe MeXen is not playing in Progressive Scan.
Thanks for checking. I am inclined to leave it enabled for composite, because at least on my pal wii, composite looks quite bad without the trap filter, even on a HDTV.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When I get home I can share the shots, but I wanted to add though, that I was wrong on one thing: when I mentioned 480p, I meant 240p, using component cables and the system set in Progressive Scan (480p). In actual 480p the output seems to be the usual blurry, bilinear filtered picture that's always been.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi