PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest build of WiiStation of main branch until git 8bfcd8f
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/8bfcd8fdb977a6b8a333d93fdea08ef0d19fb368

The latest changes are (attemping to) fix the issue of we couldn't use the BIOS files (SCPH1001.bin) from the USB drives (https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/59, reported by @Zorg1996 and me), and also for fix some incorrect physics on Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing (reported in this issue https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/57 by @Walwii and @pedro702).

@matto21 @Doux91 @Zorg1996 @RunningSnakes @klonoa :
please test again this build for see if you can finally use the real PS1 BIOS files from USB drives.

@Walwii :
please test again this build for see if this fixed the problems you mentioned on HWTR.

Pleaae test this build, thanks ;)
Star Wars - Dark Forces (Italy) works
USB BIOS
boot through bios no

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
new commits

Screenshot_20221109-223330.png

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
OK, going to compiling these ones.
Post automatically merged:

Latest build of WiiStation of main branch until git a351a19
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a351a19837ef23a89271cda4a237999437c327b3

The latest change is merging some code from branch ForSpeed, also it fixed some fogging issues on some games, specially on Star Wars: Demolition and Vigilante 8 (see https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/24#issuecomment-1309642469), also of including the USB fix and the physics fix on HWTR.

Please test this build, thanks ;)

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_a351a19_09112022.zip
    811.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by SaulFabre,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
OK, going to compiling these ones.
Post automatically merged:

Latest build of WiiStation of main branch until git a351a19
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a351a19837ef23a89271cda4a237999437c327b3

The latest change is merging some code from branch ForSpeed, also it fixed some fogging issues on some games, specially on Star Wars: Demolition and Vigilante 8 (see https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/24#issuecomment-1309642469), also of including the USB fix and the physics fix on HWTR.

Please test this build, thanks ;)
Both Vigilantes and SW Demolition are now looking as they should. This build should be tested for regressions just in case, as FF VII has some tiny graphic glitches and some quite heavy temporary freezes that were already fine before, it's been broken since various commits.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe a port of Wiistation with some upgrades to accuracy as well as preformance port to the wii u should be possible as the Wii U is just a upgraded wii. NTM duckstation or Play! (PS2 emu) may work on the Wii U
not easy since the graphical side is very different, wii uses gx and wiiu uses gx2 which is why most wii apps were never ported to wiiu at all
Both Vigilantes and SW Demolition are now looking as they should. This build should be tested for regressions just in case, as FF VII has some tiny graphic glitches and some quite heavy temporary freezes that were already fine before.
first vigilante 8 game still has some weird gfx issues like corrupt pixels depending on the distance, nothing major but its there, second offense and star wars demolition are perfect tough.

IMG_20221110_192640.jpg
IMG_20221110_192239.jpg

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
not easy since the graphical side is very different, wii uses gx and wiiu uses gx2 which is why most wii apps were never ported to wiiu at all

first vigilante 8 game still has some weird gfx issues like corrupt pixels depending on the distance, nothing major but its there, second offense and star wars demolition are perfect tough.

View attachment 336670View attachment 336671
@pedro702 @niuus

i think the dwActFixes declaration in this latest commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a351a19837ef23a89271cda4a237999437c327b3 it should be made only as an autoFix for those games (Vigilante 8, Star Wars: Demolition) and not affect to all games, as @niuus stated that dwActFixes declaration causes those issues on Final Fantasy VII (and maybe other games).
Both Vigilantes and SW Demolition are now looking as they should. This build should be tested for regressions just in case, as FF VII has some tiny graphic glitches and some quite heavy temporary freezes that were already fine before, it's been broken since various commits.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
need to rename the file to boot.dol dont forget lol.
maybe a corrupted meta.xml file?
a bad dol file? (Try redownloading the build and replacing the old boot.dol of WiiStation with the new one)
I know it, naming boot.dol, but it did not show it on list, even I tried to rename it with wiixplorer and nothing happened

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I know it, naming boot.dol, but it did not show it on list, even I tried to rename it with wiixplorer and nothing happened
Try copying this info of meta.xml and paste it into your meta.xml, and save it

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
 <app version="2">
   <name>WiiStation</name>
   <coder>xjsxjs197</coder>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <release_date>20221105</release_date>
   <short_description>PSX Emulator for Wii</short_description>
   <long_description>
WiiStation - A Sony PlayStation 1 emulator for Wii / Wii U, forked from WiiSXRX by NiuuS.
Featuring:
- CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) tracks support.
- Multiple languages support.
- Gamecube controller support.
- Wii U Pro controller support.
- Wii U GamePad controller support through WiiVC injects.
- Wii Classic Controller and Pro support.
- Classic Controllers support (NES / SNES)

* WiiSX/CubeSX is a PCSX port. The original team was:
emu_kidid - general coding
sepp256 - graphics and menu
tehpola - audio
* Later updates by:
matguitarist
Daxtsu
Mystro256
FIX94
NiuuS
xjsxjs197
   </long_description>
   <ahb_access/>
 </app>

If that doesn't work, try deleting these non-essential files from /apps/WiiStation/ (or the folder where you have located the boot.dol of WiiStation), maybe these are making conflict:

1668110121434.png

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Those errors are 99% user-originated. Could be the media's life expiring. Do a clean format of it and copy your files back,

@pedro702 @niuus

i think the dwActFixes declaration in this latest commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a351a19837ef23a89271cda4a237999437c327b3 it should be made only as an autoFix for those games (Vigilante 8, Star Wars: Demolition) and not affect to all games, as @niuus stated that dwActFixes declaration causes those issues on Final Fantasy VII (and maybe other games).
As I stated in the previous post, it has been happening for a while, so it's not tied to this commit. Just a heads up for everyone that they should test a lot of the previous games with new builds, to catch regressions quickly. In my case I went back from RX 3.3 to RX 3.2 to keep playing VII without the freezes and cursor glitch, as it takes up to 7 seconds for the game to respond again when the bug happens, and it quickly started to get tedious.

Last edited by niuus,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is it just the cursor, or is any control input? Because if it's the second, it sounds like what can be experienced in some other games for years, maybe since the beginning. It'd be weird that now happens to more games after updating it.

I experienced it on Digimon World when I played it years ago when it still was version 2.5. It does get tedious, but I ended un finishing it anyways.

I wanted also to add, I ended up trying Vandal Hearts and the AI works well, but I noticed that the music seems to be missing audio channels, some instruments are missing, and might happen with other games.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yesterday changed from WIISXRX to WiiStation 1.0
Are we supposed to make a compatibility list, since everyone are trying different games?
If so, here's my tests based on games I downloaded for my little niece:

Atlantis The Lost Empire: Menus are okay, sound is too, but models moves backwards, literally.

Hercules The Action Game: Works! Finished 1st level. Hearing DeVitto's "swoood" was pure joy.

Tarzan: Works! Finished 1st level.

ToyStory 2: Works but models has black texture on their backs. Not fully tested.

Now on games I was curious about:

Dinocrisis 2: FMV's works perfectly, sound is perfect too. But once you start the game, models go wacky and then disappears from screen.

Resident Evil 1 Dual Shock ver: Works but again, models becomes wacky. Like, twisting or turning upside down, spinning everywhere, but everything else is fine.
Assuming RE2 and RE3 would have the same problem.

Tomb Raider 1: Works!
Assuming Tomb Raider 2 and 3 would too.

Capcom vs SNK PRO: Works!

R-Type DELTA: Works but it's skipping couple frames even with frameskip disabled. Enabling it will cause framedrops but overall playable.

Cotton Fantastic Night Dreams: Works but something strange happened. Actually the same happened with other games and I'm not sure if it's something with my settings. But if you remember the camera glitch that DK64 has in old Wii64 and Not64, then you get the idea.

Rayman: Works perfectly!

Spyro the Dragon: Works but frames drops.

Croc: Works but frames drop.

Sexy Parodius: Works perfectly.

Rayman 2: Again, the DK64 camera glitch is replicated in this game. But overall intro seemed to be more fluid than with WIISXRX.

Legend of Kain: Unplayable. Blue texture at all times on screen.

Skullmonkeys: Works perfectly.

Silhouette Mirage: Works but has frameskips even with frameskip disabled.

Mr. Driller: Works but it has choppy sound. Enabling frameskip fixes sound but kinda messes gameplay.

MegaMan 8: Works perfectly, already finished it three times :shy: :ha:

MegaMan Legends: Works but really the GameCube controller is not perfect for this game

MegaMan Legends 2: Works. Got frustrated moving around and aiming at the same time so I deleted the game.

MegaMan X4: Works 🤟

MegaMan X5: Works 🤟🤟

MegaMan X6: Works 🤟🤟🤟

Bust-A-Move 99: Works

Bust-A-Move 4: Works, finished the game three times.

Crash 1: Works perfectly. Finished 3 levels.

Crash 2: Works perfectly. Finished 1 level.

Crash 3: Works, haven't tested it fully yet.

Tomba!: Works with couple frames skipping. Didn't tested it fully as I didn't got interested in the game.

Broken Sword 2: Works perfectly, but text is glitchy. Not to the point where it's unreadable, it's just imperfect.

Can't remember which others I've tested.

Pac-Man World: Works but rumble is insane.

Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness: Works perfectly.

R4: Ridge Racer Type 4: Works fine with minor frame drops.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Try copying this info of meta.xml and paste it into your meta.xml, and save it

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
 <app version="2">
   <name>WiiStation</name>
   <coder>xjsxjs197</coder>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <release_date>20221105</release_date>
   <short_description>PSX Emulator for Wii</short_description>
   <long_description>
WiiStation - A Sony PlayStation 1 emulator for Wii / Wii U, forked from WiiSXRX by NiuuS.
Featuring:
- CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) tracks support.
- Multiple languages support.
- Gamecube controller support.
- Wii U Pro controller support.
- Wii U GamePad controller support through WiiVC injects.
- Wii Classic Controller and Pro support.
- Classic Controllers support (NES / SNES)

* WiiSX/CubeSX is a PCSX port. The original team was:
emu_kidid - general coding
sepp256 - graphics and menu
tehpola - audio
* Later updates by:
matguitarist
Daxtsu
Mystro256
FIX94
NiuuS
xjsxjs197
   </long_description>
   <ahb_access/>
 </app>

If that doesn't work, try deleting these non-essential files from /apps/WiiStation/ (or the folder where you have located the boot.dol of WiiStation), maybe these are making conflict:

View attachment 336674
Delete the 2 files make it work, it recognize it now, but I had to delete the config file, I can configure the emulator, but I cannnot change the language, if I save the settings changing the language the emulator does not start again, wiistation 1.0 has not all theses issues, I haven't test saving states, loading, but It can change the bios path

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries