Homebrew Wiiscrubber 1.40 kit with multiboot

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiiwu said:
I have the same problem. Games trimmed by Wiiscrubber cannot be reopen by itself - io error. Any fixes?

The problem comes down to the trimmed file is flagged as read only. This causes a problem when reopened as wiiscrubber tries to do read/write access.

Solution is to right click on the trimmed iso first and remove the read only flag.

Yes it is sort of still being developed but RL has got in the way (BIG TIME).

I'm back around at the moment but not sure for how long.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The software defaults to read/write access when you load a disc - which is what the button displays. If the file is marked as read only then the open fails and the software gets in a bit of a kerfuffle. It's the same error as opening an ISO image from a DVD drive.

More importantly, I want to know why it creates them as Read only in the first place (only occasionally on my machine).

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
My point was that it shouldn't be necessary to write anything to the image when merely loading it, thus the image being read-only should be a moot point until such a time as you attempt to perform an operation which explicitly requires write access. Loading an image is not a write operation.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Feature Request:
The Scrubber fills unused areas with FF. Bit it seems better to fill it with 00 (Zero) because ext2 can handle large zero blocks efficiently (->sparse files) and there is no need to compress the iso files if scrubbed with 00.
So please change the behaver or implement an option.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry for bumping an old topic but I made a multiboot with the multiboot base and Dokapon Kingdom and Links Crossbow Training doesnt work, but somehow Valhalla Knights does. Any suggestions? Heres my setup:
Partition0:Multiboot Loader 1.0
Partition2: Dokapon Kingdom
Partition3:Valhalla Knights
Partition4:Links Crossbow Training
In both Dokapon and Links crossbow training, it just freezes at Loading (game name)

fhlaskdhfjh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dack or anyone else who knows, what is the reason for the limit of 4 partitions on this program? There are some pretty small Wii games out there and I'm pretty sure I could fit at least 8 on one DVD5. Is it just practicality? GameCube MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+ doesn't have this limitation.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi I downloaded all the versions of wiiscruber and tryed with each one to extract .dol files from my isos and there were no files to extract. For example I loaded red steel and it shows me only partiton data and update and no files in them, so there is no chance for me to extract .dol file I need to run the game from usb. Can somenoe help me? I saw pictures from tutorials and ther you could see bunch of files from iso which could be extracted, but in my case there were none, I tried many isos all the same, it doesn even recognize the game title....

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Disco said:
Hi I downloaded all the versions of wiiscruber and tryed with each one to extract .dol files from my isos and there were no files to extract. For example I loaded red steel and it shows me only partiton data and update and no files in them, so there is no chance for me to extract .dol file I need to run the game from usb. Can somenoe help me? I saw pictures from tutorials and ther you could see bunch of files from iso which could be extracted, but in my case there were none, I tried many isos all the same, it doesn even recognize the game title....

your living in the past, you DONT need to manually EXTRACT .dol ANYMORE, if your using an up-to-date USB loader they are capable of booting the alt-dol directly off the HDD where the game is kept you just need to go into the GAMES SETTINGS and select alt-dol from disk or alt-dol(Most common phrase) then it will give you a list(If multiple) of all .dol for that game, same goes for disk loaders(NeoGamma R6,7,8b3

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
pepxl said:
Disco said:

your living in the past, you DONT need to manually EXTRACT .dol ANYMORE, if your using an up-to-date USB loader they are capable of booting the alt-dol directly off the HDD where the game is kept you just need to go into the GAMES SETTINGS and select alt-dol from disk or alt-dol(Most common phrase) then it will give you a list(If multiple) of all .dol for that game, same goes for disk loaders(NeoGamma R6,7,8b3

Thank you very much!

thatguyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a little bit of an issue here. I'm able to extract and edit files in partitions, easily.

I'm also able to rip the main.dol, apploader.bin, boot.bin, bi2.bin, and partition.bin, and plug them into PartitionBuilder as well as the edited (or unedited) files from the partition, to create an *.img file.

However, any time I try to load this on an iso, via right click on Wii Disc --> Import, once it's done loading, WiiScrubber crashes.

I've also tried loading the partition via "Unencrypted Partition ---> Load" and "Crypted Partition ---> Load" without success. Often, if it doesn't crash WiiScrubber, I simply get a bad partition.

Additionally, I've tried loading the unpartitioned folder I used in PartitionBuilder, which would also result in a crash or a bad partition.

What exactly am I doing wrong? Essentially, my plan is mass editing of Brawl: textures, CSPs, and the like. While it's possible to go through, file-by-file using WiiScrubber 1.21 hundreds of time, if I could edit the files via windows, and then partition them all together, it'd be much less time-consuming for me. I figure this detail could help fix my issue, since I am using a full iso/image of Brawl.

dori2o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone explain what I am doing wrong?

I have followed the instructions but when I try and put the 2 games together I get a message telling me there is not enough disk space. (I presume this means the DVD-R and not the HDD which has over 300GB free)

I'm trying to make a multiboot of Family Ski and Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics.

Thanks.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
dori2o said:
Can someone explain what I am doing wrong?

I have followed the instructions but when I try and put the 2 games together I get a message telling me there is not enough disk space. (I presume this means the DVD-R and not the HDD which has over 300GB free)

I'm trying to make a multiboot of Family Ski and Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics.

Thanks.

First "Suffle PArtitions"
Second "Shrink partition"
if you still with problems, try:
Right botton on Partition, and then "Resize Partition" and give the max partition size

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hello ,dack,

is there any the latest multiboot.dol for sotchip r101?
thank you again.

do you post the multiboot's source code?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Peppe30_Bricking @ Peppe30_Bricking: who knows how long they will last here