Homebrew Wiiscrubber 1.40 kit with multiboot

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Nice to see another Swiss on the forum

on topic: I don't understand the part where it's written "The partition table 0 MUST contain at least one partition but can have a maximum of 3." Could someone please explain to me. I'm not usually a person that doesn't understand instructions but this is confusing for me
blink.gif

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There are 4 partition tables on a Wii disc - numbered 0,1,2,3

Partition table 0 is the one the Wii usually sees in the disc channel. You need to put one data partition into the area of partition table 0.

The Wii has a limitation though in that it can only process upto 3 partitions that are in the partition table 0 area. Any more than 3 and the disc will error.

In other words
smile.gif

When you start creating the ISO, put the first partition into partition table 0 and all the others into 1,2 or 3.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's great that you continued developing it
smile.gif

I have a question abour WiiScrubber, but not related to creating Multiboot-Discs:
Some time ago I did a undub of the game "Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World". I used your PartitionBuilder to build the partition as I had over 10000 files to replace. Now the problem: It crashed when entering some village. I tested A LOT and reburned A LOT of times, before I got the problem. If I replaced the file "title.tpl" with PartitionBuilder or WiiScrubber, the game crashed, but when I tried to replace it with Trucha Signer, it worked fine.
Do you know what the problem could be? It also crashes in some other place and I of course can't replace every of the 10000 files with Trucha Signer.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What I would do there is extract the files from partition on the crashing disc and then do a file compare with what you tried putting on. The problematic files should then show up and give me a clue as to what the problem may be.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dack said:
What I would do there is extract the files from partition on the crashing disc and then do a file compare with what you tried putting on. The problematic files should then show up and give me a clue as to what the problem may be.

Maybe it's the alignment of files on the dvd? We talked about that, did you investigate something or change something about that?

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dack said:
I will do so when I have time.
smile.gif

Well, also 2 other issues I noticed
tongue.gif

-all versions seem to have problems with SSBB PAL. For example menu>controller is just some file without extension, but in Trucha Signer it's a normal directory
- 1.4 doesn't work without kkey.bin or if it's supposed to be like this: Shows "Unable to open key.bin" if kkey.bin is missing.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Majin Vegeta said:
Dack said:
I will do so when I have time.
smile.gif

Well, also 2 other issues I noticed
tongue.gif

-all versions seem to have problems with SSBB PAL. For example menu>controller is just some file without extension, but in Trucha Signer it's a normal directory
- 1.4 doesn't work without kkey.bin or if it's supposed to be like this: Shows "Unable to open key.bin" if kkey.bin is missing.

Another couple of "features" - though I am suprised at the SSBB one (will have to look at my version of it) - what does Trucha show in the directory?

The issue you have though sounds very much like the one that the Ghost people had with the Guitar Hero customisation - and could very well be down to file alignment (almost certainly).

For anyone who wants to test a slightly tweaked multiboot version then:
(deleted url as it didn't work)

This should work on those SoftMii instalations if all goes well. There's an extra configuration option to say whether you have a hard or softmodded wii.

Addendum:
For those people wondering what it means when Wiiscrubber says "Unable to find space to remove or main.dol incorrect" that means that there doesn't seem to be any space in the middle of the ISO to remove.

old_darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have tried both options. the same error. error open partition. i must go to bed.
edit: hardware enabeld = loctel error; disabeld = open partition error.
every time i started muliboot i have to change the ios from36 to 249. Bed is calling

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here a compare:

I don't really get what program shows it wrong though, because the files Trucha says are in that controller and soft_list folder are already on the disc in other directories.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ive trimmed the third naruto shippuuden game for the wii. when i want to open it again, i get

io_seek

what have i done wrong

(hope you understand my suxxing english xD)

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe there's an issue in the trimming code I need to check out
frown.gif

@DarkLG - what sort of mod have you got hard or soft? And what IOS are you tryiing to run? Does the software run all the way upto the selection screen? (in other words do you get the list of titles?)

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmod on my wii Cioscorp to be exact and I really don't know what ios I am trying to run i think its the ios36 from waninkoko and I do get a list of titles but when I pick a game it takes me to a black screen and then nothing else happens.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarkLG said:
I have a softmod on my wii Cioscorp to be exact and I really don't know what ios I am trying to run i think its the ios36 from waninkoko and I do get a list of titles but when I pick a game it takes me to a black screen and then nothing else happens.

Then i would suggest to use the latest released version of the loader and/or set it to IOS249. It's working a little different for softmods and hardmods, because it seems that WiiGator&Waninkoko didn't implement all dvd functions like the nintendo ones. So the old loader, expects you have a cIOS if you set it to IOS249, and it expects that you have a modchip and not a cIOS if you set it another IOS.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
System 3.3Uv1
Softmod IOS249 only
Multiboot Loader V1 set IOS 249
partition 0: Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers (USA) - freeze after choosing game
partition 1: Tatsunoko vs Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes (JPN) - work fine
partition 2: Excite Truck (USA) - work fine

Multiboot Loader V1-1 set IOS 249, Hardware mod Enable/Disable try both
can't open partition or something like that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"