Hacking Wiiscrubber 1.2

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can scrub earlier scrubbed ones to get them smaller.

An example is balloon pop which was 287 Meg in version 1.0a, now comes down to 37 Meg in version 1.2 (if you select no headers)

Most of the DDI "games" go down to about 100-200 Meg

Karous goes down to 1.08 Gig from 1.2 gig - and black screens if you connect via a component cable in 480p, much like some people are getting with wii fit....hmm

tadeot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yesterday, i can extract entire partition or complete folders or group of files, to day i only can extract individual files, have you an idea , what is the problem, or is a time restriction of you program

I am trying to changue sound an text in jap wiifit to make a usa wiifit and cant extract proper

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Um....It's never had partition or multiple file extraction. Were you using wiibrowse instead? (as that has got those functions).

Anyways.

There seems to be an error somewhere in the code when replacing files. Main.dol and apploader seem to work correctly but the other data files do not work at present.

I am trying to get this sorted (and going through quite a few discs
frown.gif
). File seems to go in correctly, signature gets updated correctly. Just it doesn't work when read (which would point to a signature failure somewhere along the line)

tadeot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
when i first downloaded your prog 1.2 ver, i use them to make changues in Wii fit, Pal cause my wii is ntsc then the first try in 1.2 ver i extract the 3 partitions and 3 files .iso was the result, finaly when i make the changues in it, i cant reinsert the files, but now the prog dont extract partitions anymore

stormyuan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi, tadeot
Wiiscrubber1.2 have some problems,
it can't deal with both wiifit jp and pal version.

I had sned some results to Dack, and he will fix thoes bugs soon.....

I tested wiiscruuber1.21beta, and it worked fine to the wiifit jp version,
but wiiscrubber1.21 still has a bug.
So...we can wait next verison of wiiscrubber
I don't recommend you using the beta version

tadeot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i post a mistake when talk about i extracted partitions in wiifit with scrubber 1.2, in fact the program that i use to do that was MARIO KART extractor
This prog extract the 3 partitions in wiifit , and create 3.isos named partition 1-2 and 3
Then you can use trucha to work in the partition 3 that is te DATA of game
And cause of this, the data of game cant be patched as usual, in the know tools to patch error 001
then, all trys i test to run pal game wiifit in usa console are bad burns
The only way that satisfactory results is replacing datel freeloader -aploader.bin for the one in first partition, but in my case result in a black and white game, cause the only freeloader available in the net is the pal version and the others are ntsc jap and usa convertions and not proper ntsc aploader is avalable

Stormyuan, you have detected what are the menu files that need changued to traslate the jap version to english

tadeot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To Dack
I am making some tests whit your prog and finally, trying put the spanish texts in Zelda usa, and discover a important bug, that makes the files you insert, are reduced 66%
To clarify, is you try to insert a file about 50 kbs, the file is reduced to 15 kbs then every file you try is corrupted
But if you insert a file 3 o 4 times major, that you need real insert, then it is reduced to the amount of space you really need
Then you can insert with trucha the real file you need and all is ok
But its is only valid when you open isos that Trucha can managed
Then if you work in Mario Kart or Wii Fit you only corrupt files that you cant correct with any other prog

You can changue or add a new option, in Scrubber that no compress , or select yes or not compress
This is a very important changue to manage multi partitions games

thanks in advance

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There are two bugs that I know of:

1. When files are added that are bigger than the original - the file is added correctly BUT the fst.bin entry is marked as incorrect for the size field. This only applies to files that are not main.dol, apploader.img and fst.bin. If you extract the fst.bin after adding and put the correct size for the file you added, then put the fst.bin back in it will work.

2. There is something wrong with adding files at the end of a partition. If you extract a file and then re-insert it, the entry for the space in the H3 table should have the same HSA code - it doesn't. I believe this is down to a calculation done for number of data clusters (and it not being a multiple of 64 for the final cluster). Thats what I'm trying to get fixed at present.

If there are any more bugs then please let me know.

As the image is not 'scrubbed' until you press "clean and save" but you can load/save from an untouched image there would not seem to be a need for a 'no compress' option.

tadeot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EUREKA !!!!!
You are Great Dack the new version can do the right work
Now i have the wiifit in spanish, over japan version, and can play in full color and with no isues to error 001, i patched meesage.arc to spanish, and now is perfect and no more corrupt files
May be is posibble to do some ppfs to people in EUA, Canada And latin america, using the french, spanish and english menus from pal version
I dont know if jap wiifit work in pal consoles, but is the one that have not error 001 detection then it probably work in wiifree chips too
The only that i dont changue cause i dont know the file , is the healt advertisment with wiimote in the first white screen

RomMon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to use Wiiscrubber, but I'm not sure if I got the procedure correct.
My main concern is that I don't see a prompt for Trucha to sign.
I already have a changed main.dol file.

I load the clean ISO.
Replaced the main.dol with the changed one
Pressed "Clear and save ISO" and see the additional files appear in the directory with the changed main.dol. And I get a 4 step guideline to follow.
1) replaced the fst.bin with FakeFST.bin
2) How to close and open again? I closed the program by clicking on the right top close button (red cross). Is that what step 1/2 asks for?
I replace boot.bin with Replacementboot.bin and fst.bin with SCRUBBEDFST.bin
3) again I use the right top close button to close the program.
4) In the directory with the additional files i have SCRUBP1.BIN and SCRUB3.bin so I update the image with these two files

But I havn't seen a Trucha prompt during one of the steps.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really need to write a faq (probably in the next few minutes)

The Trucha mode is an option for scrubbing the disc and probably of little use these days (though it was a good learning exercise for me). If you want to add some extra files to the disc then it's actually still useful.

All you need to do to change the main.dol is:

1. Open the ISO
2. Choose main.dol from the disc file display. Right click and choose 'save'
3. Run the extracted main.dol file through one of the patching programs and remember to save it.
4. Still in Wiiscrubber. Now choose 'load' from the right hand click menu over main.dol and select the file you just saved from the patching program.
5. Wait a bit. When it's finished it will say that it needs to reparse. Just exit the software then, as at that point the ISO has been patched and signed already.

Other news:

I've found and fixed both bugs in version 1.2 and hope to have 1.21 out inside the next half hour or so.

tadeot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dack said:
I really need to write a faq (probably in the next few minutes)

The Trucha mode is an option for scrubbing the disc and probably of little use these days (though it was a good learning exercise for me). If you want to add some extra files to the disc then it's actually still useful.

All you need to do to change the main.dol is:

1. Open the ISO
2. Choose main.dol from the disc file display. Right click and choose 'save'
3. Run the extracted main.dol file through one of the patching programs and remember to save it.
4. Still in Wiiscrubber. Now choose 'load' from the right hand click menu over main.dol and select the file you just saved from the patching program.
5. Wait a bit. When it's finished it will say that it needs to reparse. Just exit the software then, as at that point the ISO has been patched and signed already.

Other news:

I've found and fixed both bugs in version 1.2 and hope to have 1.21 out inside the next half hour or so.

Dack, can you see , what ocurs when you try input a great file, like rp_Health_sound.brsar in healt static to sound folder in japwiifit , this file is 180mb and when you try to put a english version or spanish that are both a little great , about 192 mb, the program remains loading the file for about half hour in my test and dont finish, then if you close the program a message advise to you that the iso is probably damaged, but the real question is
How many time you estimate that is need to load a file like these or , may be is not possible to replace a largue file like this

Thank in advance

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I based the signing code around Waninkoko's source - this is really designed for writing main.dol only.

It reads the complete file into memory and then writes it out one cluster at a time, regenerating and saving the h3/h4 table entries on each cluster write.

What I need to do is split the larger files up into manageable chunks and block write them out (probably 64 blocks at a time). This will require a bit of work to get 100% and will be my next release.

I'm not sure how trucha signer handles it but one option is to create a fake FST.BIN - by using the TRUCHA mode of scrubbing which creates an fst.bin with 5 extra files in it that map to free space on the partition. You could then use one of the fst tools available to map that free space to the file you want to replace. Putting the modified FST.BIN file into the ISO would then allow Trucha signer to add the larger files.

@Sleepyprince - the partition size is stored in the boot.bin file at offset 0x2bC. Modifying that should allow for a larger partition size. You would need to update the partition table too.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Megaupload version of 1.21 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWMD20UR
Rapidshare version: http://rapidshare.com/files/111617921/WIIS...er1.21.rar.html

Code:
Wiiscrubber 1.21

Think you will really like this version :)

Whats new?
1. Actually does what version 1.2 was supposed to do

Bug Fixes:
1. Size was incorrectly populated in the fst.bin when a larger file was copied
ÂÂ in. It was divided by 4 even though the correct data was written
2. A very subtle bug in code I converted from Waninkokos source caused only files
ÂÂ near the start of the partition to be written correctly (another 32/64 issue!)

In case you are wondering what the second bug was:

/* Jump to the specified cluster and copy it to memory */
offset = iso->parts[partition].offset + iso->parts[partition].data_offset + (cluster * SIZE_CLUSTER);
fixed to:
/* Jump to the specified cluster and copy it to memory */
offset = iso->parts[partition].offset + iso->parts[partition].data_offset + (u64)((u64)cluster * (u64)SIZE_CLUSTER);

so that data could be read above the 2 gig point correctly. Problem possibly exists in Waninkokos source code too as it does an int by UL calculation for the cluster * SIZE_CLUSTER.

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I will test your new version and see if it works with Wiifit or not

I read about the disc structure in wiibrew.org but I don't know where is the size of parition stored except boot.bin
how to modify the partition table?

p.s. maybe you can add a progress bar when replacing (large) files

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That will be in the next version.

Faster file handling for insertion and a progress bar for it.

What I meant for the partition table is that you have to ensure that if you extend a partition you do not then overlap with the next partition.

Brickblocker is one of the applications to consider in that respect. If you look at what it does it effectively puts a smaller partition of data inside the space a larger existing partition occupies.

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Anyone think the terms "extract" and "replace" are less confusing than "load" and "save"?
Also, the button "Clear and Save ISO" should read "Scrub" instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol