Hacking WiiScrubbed Game Sizes

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
I tested legend of zelda twilight princess (scrubbed) (On wiinja) When i loaded the game up it stayed on a black screen for about two minutes.Then the game started running and i played the game for about an hour and i didn't have any other problems.(the iso was 1.26gb)

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EDIT: SORRY DIDNT NOTICE THE WIKI PAGE, THOUGH I ASKED A MOD A FEW DAYS AGO TO OPEN ONE
wink.gif

About Puzzle Quest: As this image is normally already compressable, it's no use to use WII Scrubber with it.

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait are we even sure this wiiscrubber has all the bugs worked out? I thought there were still some random issues going on with some wii/chip combos...

jonas7611

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YOU CAN PLAY SCRUBBED ISO:S

I've srubbed SSBB from dual layer onto regular DVD plays fine, but I have to remove the layer break so the Wii laser does not get the change layer info from the ISO, since the regular DVD has only one layer the game gets sluggish when trying to access the second layer.
The single player part exept adventure works just fine, adventure and some from multiplayer is a little slow.
And remember once you´ve scrubbed the ISO, you DONT HAVE TO UNSCRUBB it to play it.

If you read anywhere else, like i´ve had, that it wont work or the game crashes it is rubbish.
Just try for your self and see.

I am going to replace the JAP update on the disc with a PAL one, see this section cause I will post as soon as I´ve trie

//baghera41

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It says:
Manhunt 2 - PAL: V1.0a Scrubber Value = 3686 MB (Submitted By blitz7287)

But there is no PAL Manhunt?

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hit said:
It says:
Manhunt 2 - PAL: V1.0a Scrubber Value = 3686 MB (Submitted By blitz7287)

But there is no PAL Manhunt?
Good eye. blitz7287 also has listed Fire Emblem PAL as being 3247 MB whereas I just checked a scrubbed RAR of it that says it is 3973 MB. I'll PM blitz for clarification.

jonas7611

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smile.gif

replaced NTSC update with PAL, scrubbed and burned SSBB on regular DVD and it plays good minus some lockups, but I think it is because of poor quality of media, will try better stuff soon.
Hope that someone else is trying stuff too
smile.gif

/jonas7611 (baghera41)

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
... The lockups is because you've removed 1/3 of the game.
It's a Double layer game, you've removed the 2nd layer, what do you think happens when the Wii tries to access the 2nd layer? LOCKUP
sure, it works quite well still.. except Subspace emissary, and most videos, and some attacks may lockup as well.
so don't expect a 100% working DVD5 copy of SSBB..

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
noONE said:
... The lockups is because you've removed 1/3 of the game.
It's a Double layer game, you've removed the 2nd layer, what do you think happens when the Wii tries to access the 2nd layer? LOCKUP
sure, it works quite well still.. except Subspace emissary, and most videos, and some attacks may lockup as well.
so don't expect a 100% working DVD5 copy of SSBB..
From what I gathered, the only thing on the second layer are, indeed, video files. Which means EVERYTHING else should work perfectly fine. The "some attacks may lockup" thing comes from running the game in 50Hz.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Still around - just been busy on lots of other things.

I added a 'trucha sign' mode to scrubber - that would add a file to the disc image in the free space but it seems a bit pointless doing it at the moment.
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Wiiscrubber 1.1

Whats new?
1. Allows for creation of DIF files to allow unscrubbing of data
2. Allows for merging of scrubbed and dif files to produce original ISO
3. Also works on gamecube discs but probably still better to use GC Tools
4. Display of region and number of files in disc
5. Key.bin verification - to stop the 150Meg files
6. 4.5 Gig limit removed - now at Dual layer
7. Different scrubbing options available
wink.gif
See below

Bug fixes:
1. Release version bug now corrected thanks to Juster at GBATemp.net.
- a freed pointer was accessed just after being freed.
2. Several text display bugs cleared.
3. File size now checked during processing so that ALL of the ISO is copied)
4. Gamecube offsets now correctly accessed (they are different as they are not
encrypted so you have the full 32k in each block)
5. 64 bit mode used for offsets
6. Invalid sized main.dol doesn't crash it

Adding files to an image is interesting though..................it's a step towards multi game ISOs.

Just need to get off my derriere and release it.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Bump found this
MiniCopter Adventure Flight USA 1.02gb
Namco Museum Remix PAL 2.63gb
Summer Sports Paradise Island USA 1.09gb

these were from 1.1 of the app

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think