Hacking Wiinja V2 to Deluxe Upgrade

Smidget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed a Wiinja V2 in a socket when I first modded my Wii.

With no updates allowed for it, I want to upgrade to Deluxe. I was wondering if it will be as easy to update as taking the Wiinja v2 PIC out of the socket and just replacing it with the Deluxe.

I read there was an additional "reset" wire to mod, but many people have said it is optional.

Thanks in advance!

beauchampy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fantastic
smile.gif

thats what i'm gonna do too. except my v2 isn't in a PIC socket, may buy one for when I fit the deluxe. anyone know where to find these online in the UK or would I be better off going to somewhere like maplins? (they're a rip off, i know).

anyone know what the reset wire actually does anyway? does it just reset the console after an update is applied to the chip or does it have another use? if updating can you just reset the console manually and it'll work just as well?

regards and tia.

stangoe

Trophies
XP
Country
They only cost around 15p each from Maplin.

Actually I think I got 10 for the grand total of 90p ...... so 9p each!!!

If there is a local store then just do that ....

Smidget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to update this thread and say I got in my Wiinja Deluxe yesterday, opened up the Wii, switched out the chips, started the Wii up and voila. Had to just use the update 4 disc and I've been playing Mario Galaxy ever since! Modchipcentral.com got it to me from 10/29/07 order date to 11/05/07 delivery date, not bad!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz