Hacking Wiinja, Any Way To Find Out What Vers You Have?

LordWill072284

OP
Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Hey just wondering, i am recieving my wiinja in the mail from wiinjanortthamerica this week and was just wondering if there was a way you can tell the 2 versions apart. i think i'm recieving the v1 chip as no one from there site confirmed if they shipped the new one or the old on, and thinking i'm gonna have to send it back in but just wonderin if there is a difference somehow. As aposed to just here-say. thanks in advanced guys appreciate it
nyanya.gif

Digger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no way to tell them apart except for a feature test.

As shtonkalot says, stick one in the D2B chipset Wii and see if it works, or, wire up the disable feature and see if that works.

The disable feature is pin 3 on the Wiinja, to the middle pin on the reset switch. Powering up the Wii with reset pressed as well will cause the Wiinja v2 to be disabled and your disc won't be recognised. If the backup is recongnised, you have a v1.

Most likely if you get DRE, you have a v1
smile.gif

I had a Wii that threw DRE every minute of so on some games, I changed the Wiinja over for a V2, and not a single error now
biggrin.gif

Phunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no way to tell them apart except for a feature test.

As shtonkalot says, stick one in the D2B chipset Wii and see if it works, or, wire up the disable feature and see if that works.

The disable feature is pin 3 on the Wiinja, to the middle pin on the reset switch. Powering up the Wii with reset pressed as well will cause the Wiinja v2 to be disabled and your disc won't be recognised. If the backup is recongnised, you have a v1.

Most likely if you get DRE, you have a v1
smile.gif

I had a Wii that threw DRE every minute of so on some games, I changed the Wiinja over for a V2, and not a single error now
biggrin.gif

Excellant news. When did u get the V2 and where from? I'm just curious as to how you got it so quickly being in the UK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1