Hacking Wiimotes SURROUND!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
OP
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Again this was just for shits and giggles... Hey I just threw it out there to see what was available for some similarity... I just figured out why people were so reluctant to agree with my idea. I threw the SURROUND in the title to attract people for some discussion on any kind of possibilites in that area... and of course it would be just homebrew...the games already do what they need to do with the wiimote speakers.. I just thought it would be cool to hear a little sound coming from the wii motes lying on both sides of your head in bed watching some video on Mplayer for Wii.. and well...

Marcan, thanks for compromising with me on something possible to be done with this.

I unfortunately don't know a lick about coding and compiling too much. I used to mess around with code when I was 14 years old when I had my Commodore system... but that was AGES ago!
wink.gif

So if any of you coders want to mess around with this (Rodries?!) Then I would love to see something simple integrated.. if it happens it happens I will be all over it!
smile.gif

For now I'll keep brainstorming new ideas for homebrew until there is enough of you to snag for some real support!
wink.gif

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what's wrong with all you guys nay-saying IronHead's idea...... I thought it was a fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Jizmo Returns Bong to Desk Drawer)

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be cool if peoples voices on wii speak came out through the remote instead of the T.V cause after a while it gets pretty annoying when someone in the room can clearly hear all your conversations.

Its cool enough to speak to a mic anywhere in the room handsfree but sometimes you don't want what others are saying soundfree
smile.gif

I know about plugging headphones on your T.V when using Wii Speak but, who really headphone inputs on their T.V's and who really uses them? And plus you still hear the games music at the same time on the headphones

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chemical_Warfare said:
marcan said:
ether2802 said:
Well like Marcan said, it would be only to create noise, then how about to create a theremin synth, wich responds to the movements and position of the Wiimote?????
See, THAT sounds like a cool idea. And you don't need to fuck around with the hardware.

You can't really make the controlling variable position, but you can make it angle. Not quite a traditional theremin, but pretty close.

I think it's already been done using host speaker sound, so all you'd really need to do is pipe the audio to the wiimote.

i actually like this idea - it would most likely be more fun than wii music, anyhow.

what if you say, used the nunchuck for angling the tone, and the mote itself like the hand movements? could the accelerometer be used to pick up the motions?
I've done all this on my computer with Wiimotes using GlovePie. The sound outputs only to the computer though. Its pretty cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-