OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i sync'd all 4 of my wiimotes the other day, and for some reason they keep turning off randomly during play.

it was getting very aggrivating yesterday playing 4 player games and two remotes would shut off over and over randomly

the batteries and wiimotes are all brand new, so the batteries are 99%+ charge

is there any reason they would be turning off at random?
hate2.gif

wink2.gif

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wiimotes automatically disconnect after 5 mins of inactivity. I had this very same problem playing Rayman over the weekend while 4 of us were taking turns with longer games like Shake Your Booty.

I doubt there is a problem with your particular Wii or Wiimotes from the sounds of it.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My wiimote started turning off itself a few days ago. I found it was low batteries, for some reason the wii never told me the batteries were low. You could press the home button when playing the game to see if the batteries are fully charged. Have you had the same problem just playing with the 1 wiimote?

TypeS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@smack

we were actually playing and swinging the wiimotes around, so they were not inactive
tongue.gif

@adgloride
batteries/wiimotes are all brand new. all the blue lights light up and the on screen wiimote option thing says they are fully charged.

i don't have the link, but i read this in the sticky thread on the nintendo forums

smile.gif

QUOTE said:
If you're having trouble getting your Wii Remotes synced to your Wii
Console, or your Wii Remotes were synced previously and now the blue
lights on your Wii Remote just flash and nothing happens, try the
following.

First, make sure you have a fresh set of batteries. As the battery life
depletes, the Wii Remote may begin to experience issues syncing properly.

Take the batteries out of your Wii Remote and wait one minute. Reinsert
the batteries.

Turn on your Wii and wait until the Health and Safety Screen appears.
(Don't press the A button.)

Now, press and hold the SYNC button on your Wii console for 15 seconds.
This will delete all synced remotes from the system.

Now, re-sync your remotes one at a time. Open up the battery cover of your
Wii Remote, push the red SYNC button inside, and then push the SYNC button
on your Wii Console. Repeat this once for each controller.

If you're still experiencing issues, try to eliminate any wireless
interference between the Wii Console and your playing area. Items such as
cordless phones, microwaves, and other wireless items can prevent the Wii
Remote from communicating effectively with the Wii Console.

going to try this when i get home
smile.gif

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@smack

we were actually playing and swinging the wiimotes around, so they were not inactive
tongue.gif
Well then so much for my theory! Sounds like you found a solid solution. Hopefully it works out for you.

Also this should probably be put into the Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities section if there is a mod lurking.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@smack

tongue.gif

Well then so much for my theory! Sounds like you found a solid solution. Hopefully it works out for you.

Also this should probably be put into the Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities section if there is a mod lurking.
I had this issue before where it kept disconnecting - turns out it was just the batteries. My friend had some weird branded ones, I guess the Wii Remote is picky with brands or type? I do not know too much about batteries, but my rechargeables and EnergizerMaxell/Memorex and Duracell all work fine. Replacing the batteries fixed it.

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
My wiimote started turning off itself a few days ago. I found it was low batteries, for some reason the wii never told me the batteries were low. You could press the home button when playing the game to see if the batteries are fully charged. Have you had the same problem just playing with the 1 wiimote?

i noticed that the home screen isn't always accurate. sometimes ill have full bars and play for 10 more min and hitt he home again and its in the red.

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
Had a similar problem with one remote. It needed to be re-synced everytime it randomly lost connection. Brought the remote back for an exchange and have no problems at all now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E