Wiimote Accelerometer Stuck!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by IxthusTiger, Feb 16, 2010.

Feb 16, 2010
  1. IxthusTiger
    OP

Member IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    My Wiimote is not detecting motion anymore! I tried smacking it as described on the Nintendo Tech Support website, but to no avail.

Can anybody help me out? All the axes seem to be active, just stuck way off the scale so they don't register. I downloaded the motion test homebrew app, and the 3 axes seem to be stuck at 4.3. The Y axis will briefly jump down into the normal range if I smack it hard enough (vertical wiimote, smacking bottom on the floor)

The old thread about this showed that even though he tried smacking it, only after smacking it a certain way did it work again. I thought I was doing it right? Can someone explain it in more detail? I placed it in the palm of my hand, button side down, and smacked it a few times.

One guy said he threw it on a table.

Any tips? Should I have the wiimote glove on or off? Is there a program to turn off and reset the accelerometer? If 4.3 could be the new 0, that might work.

Is there anything I could do to the inside? Is there a way I can smack the little accelerometer chip?

2. IxthusTiger
    OP

United States
    I also have a hammer.

3. Vattu

Member Vattu GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    smash it to pieces and buy a new one.

4. IxthusTiger
    OP

United States
    Buying a new one is precisely what I'm trying to avoid [​IMG]

5. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    This happened to one of the first Wiimotes I bought with my system 3 years ago. The accelermeter went kaput right in the middle of a Wii bowling session. There isnt any way to fix it that I am aware of, but if you've got an Bluetooth adapter on your PC you can still use the wiimote for various things, like emulators, or mess with head tracking homebrew.
    Sorry, but basically its a dud.

6. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    how about dont smack it at all? send it to nintendo and let them mail you a new one. go to walmart and buy a new one and take your broken one back. however you want to do it, let nintendo smack it and dont fuck yourself out of a wiimote.

7. IxthusTiger
    OP

United States
    Does anyone know how much a wiimote repair costs?

8. the.g.raf

Newcomer the.g.raf Member

United States
    I'm bumping this b/c I have the same problem, and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. Is it fixable or do I need to buy a new one?

9. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Does your motion sensor bar have any breaks in the cable?

My cousin's Wii has this problem. It senses motion on the home screen fine but almost never in-game.

10. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

It's free, wiimotes are not attached to a serial number so just say you purchased it within the past year.

11. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    nintendo crap is pretty durable... take the batteries out and drop it on the hard floor from about 4 ft high [​IMG] if that doesn't jar it loose nothin will! then you can just do a normal repair or replace option if its a no go [​IMG]

12. the.g.raf

Newcomer the.g.raf Member

United States
    I've slappedit, bashed it, and thrown it and nothing. I don't live in American so I can't really send it in. It still doesn't work, so.... I took it to an authorized Nintendo repair shop and they said they didn't fix wiimotes b/c they're too delicate. SO I went to a flea market where they're looking at it right now. Here, repair shops at markets are better than authorized/official ones, believe it or not. I'll let you guys know what I hear from them.

13. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    use it [​IMG]

14. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

use it [​IMG]