Hardware Wiimote Accelerometer Stuck!

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wiimote is not detecting motion anymore! I tried smacking it as described on the Nintendo Tech Support website, but to no avail.

Can anybody help me out? All the axes seem to be active, just stuck way off the scale so they don't register. I downloaded the motion test homebrew app, and the 3 axes seem to be stuck at 4.3. The Y axis will briefly jump down into the normal range if I smack it hard enough (vertical wiimote, smacking bottom on the floor)

The old thread about this showed that even though he tried smacking it, only after smacking it a certain way did it work again. I thought I was doing it right? Can someone explain it in more detail? I placed it in the palm of my hand, button side down, and smacked it a few times.

One guy said he threw it on a table.

Any tips? Should I have the wiimote glove on or off? Is there a program to turn off and reset the accelerometer? If 4.3 could be the new 0, that might work.

Is there anything I could do to the inside? Is there a way I can smack the little accelerometer chip?

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying a new one is precisely what I'm trying to avoid
frown.gif

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
This happened to one of the first Wiimotes I bought with my system 3 years ago. The accelermeter went kaput right in the middle of a Wii bowling session. There isnt any way to fix it that I am aware of, but if you've got an Bluetooth adapter on your PC you can still use the wiimote for various things, like emulators, or mess with head tracking homebrew.
Sorry, but basically its a dud.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about dont smack it at all? send it to nintendo and let them mail you a new one. go to walmart and buy a new one and take your broken one back. however you want to do it, let nintendo smack it and dont fuck yourself out of a wiimote.

the.g.raf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm bumping this b/c I have the same problem, and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. Is it fixable or do I need to buy a new one?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your motion sensor bar have any breaks in the cable?

My cousin's Wii has this problem. It senses motion on the home screen fine but almost never in-game.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo crap is pretty durable... take the batteries out and drop it on the hard floor from about 4 ft high
biggrin.gif
if that doesn't jar it loose nothin will! then you can just do a normal repair or replace option if its a no go
tongue.gif

the.g.raf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've slappedit, bashed it, and thrown it and nothing. I don't live in American so I can't really send it in. It still doesn't work, so.... I took it to an authorized Nintendo repair shop and they said they didn't fix wiimotes b/c they're too delicate. SO I went to a flea market where they're looking at it right now. Here, repair shops at markets are better than authorized/official ones, believe it or not. I'll let you guys know what I hear from them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1