Homebrew WiiMC-SS - GameCube controller support and more

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to help you but I have no idea what the problem is. I can start the app with or without a network connection and I can cancel initialization too.
Sigh :( maybe because there is some old files of standard wiiMC? I load the program from homebrew channell btw

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a older/better working wii mc ss version that didnt have any of the issues i ran into, id give it to ya but do know the internet stuff doesnt work on it either, but it should at the very least not freeze while trying to load up the internet stuff

Reactions: Arnold101

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a older/better working wii mc ss version that didnt have any of the issues i ran into, id give it to ya but do know the internet stuff doesnt work on it either, but it should at the very least not freeze while trying to load up the internet stuff
thanks but with internet not working is same as standard wiimc

instead one time only it started checking connections and not crashed, give error of connection, strange,,,but the program worked at least, second time i tried again stuck and wiimote and console frozen..

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I've been tinkering with -vf scale in ffmpeg and it works really well downscaling videos to make them work on WiiMC-SS. Despite running it overclocked in a virtual Wii on a Wii U, it's still not able to handle 720x576 for PAL DVD rips without dropping some frames. Everything 480p is fine.

What's the maximum resolution people here have found which works without dropping frames?

EDIT: I've noticed re-encoding 576 PAL rips using Handbrake's Very Fast 576 setting seems to get 576 PAL rips working.

Last edited by HandsomeJack,

Nagarjuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been tinkering with -vf scale in ffmpeg and it works really well downscaling videos to make them work on WiiMC-SS. Despite running it overclocked in a virtual Wii on a Wii U, it's still not able to handle 720x576 for PAL DVD rips without dropping some frames. Everything 480p is fine.

What's the maximum resolution people here have found which works without dropping frames?

Reminds me, I saw this ffmpeg one liner on 4chan yesterday for the PS2 SMS, but I assume it would work great with WiiMC-SS, maybe with a change of format from Xvid to mp4.
Code:
vf "telecine=t:2332, scale=640:352, pad=640:448:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2, setdar=4/3, setsar=10/11, colormatrix=bt709:bt601" -c:v libxvid -b:v 5.5M -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 0

Reactions: HandsomeJack

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else had problems with downscaling video files to find the video runs too fast and is out of synch with the audio (which runs at the expected speed)?

Is this something which happens with very large files? I encoded a 3.5 hour movie at 480p in an MKV container. The file is 1GB.

It's a bit random, some downscale fine, others don't. Am wondering if it's a 24fps thing.

EDIT: It seems to be the case if you're going to use Handbrake to downscale, then select Very Fast 576p in an MKV container at the time you're encoding, as opposed to manually switching the container format using ffmpeg after encoding as M4V.

Last edited by HandsomeJack,

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I happened to see Toonami AM (Aftermath?) been set up on the Online Media-section, was this done through TuneIn somehow?

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I happened to see Toonami AM (Aftermath?) been set up on the Online Media-section, was this done through TuneIn somehow?
If you have the m3u8 link you can watch a single chunk at a time, not fun though. The only way I know to get it working is to use VLC on a PC to mux the stream to a single http stream. Transcoding is not required, but it may be best to disable h264 deblocking in WiiMC's video settings to maintain fullspeed in some cases.

Reactions: SaulFabre

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@SuperrSonic, I was going to PM u this question but apparently I can't, lol. And I don't feel like creating my own thread just for this little question so I'll ask here.

I am in the final stages of a ModMii update and I was going to update wiixplorer to your SS v260 update, but I noticed u took it down off github, is there a reason for that? Do u recommend ppl use your SS Wiixplorer mod or no?

Thanks!

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you have the m3u8 link you can watch a single chunk at a time, not fun though. The only way I know to get it working is to use VLC on a PC to mux the stream to a single http stream. Transcoding is not required, but it may be best to disable h264 deblocking in WiiMC's video settings to maintain fullspeed in some cases.

I can probably be able to do that, though from what I noticed this seem require setting up Mux itself, I think?

Also I tried to see if I could make ToonamiAfterMath be ran through VLC's streaming into the WiiU's browser, but VLC itself seems to get stuck on trying to convert the stream from the M3U8-link I was using. Hopefully I don't end in similar situation with Mux, I guess?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've done it with just a shared folder on my laptop and WiiMC, to make it work these are the steps I followed on my PC:

Firstly, configure Sharing and Discovery:

1. Navigate to the Network and Sharing Center via the Control Panel

2. Click on the down arrow icons and select ON/OFF as follows:

Network Discovery - ON
File Sharing - ON
Public Folder Sharing - OFF
Printer Sharing - ON
Password Protected Sharing - OFF
Media Sharing - OFF

Next, configure the folder you want to share:
1. Select the folder
2. Right-click and choose 'Share' from the menu
3. From the drop-down box select the Everyone (All users in this list) account, making
sure permissions are set to 'Reader'
4. Click the buttons Add, Share and Done.
Here are some further registry 'tweaks' if this doesn't work:

WARNING: This requires editing your PC's registry which, if edited incorrectly, can cause
Windows systems to become unstable and unusable. So, follow the instructions below
at your own risk. - we are not responsible for any damage caused by following these
steps.

Sidenote from XFlak:
--------------------
Instead of the following manual regedits, u can use my reg files attached, then restart (i.e. "Remove Stupid Win 7 Network Restrictions.reg" and\or "Restore Stupid Win 7 Network Restrictions.reg")

1. Navigate to the following location in the registry editor (search regedit in the start
button).
MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\
2. On the right side, double-click on 'everyoneincludesanonymous' and change the
'Value data' from '0' to '1'
3. Double-click on 'NoLmHash' and change the 'Value data' from '1' to '0'
4. Navigate to the following location in the registry editor:
MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters
5. Double-click on 'restrictnullsessaccess' and change the 'Value data' from '1' to '0'
6. Close the registry editor and restart PC!!

source:
https://web.archive.org/web/2013110...s/showthread.php?2028-Windows-7-Compatability

Feb 2020 Update: Fix for issue where ES File Explorer required PC smb "server" be edited/saved each time before being accessible (Windows 10), I'm not sure but this may also be necessary for the Wii, I haven't tested it since I was on Windows7 long ago

I found the solution, Windows 10 disables smb protocol v1 so goto "Turn Windows features on or off" >> enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

source: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/83427/can-not-connect-to-pc-from-android-via-es-explorer

Attachments

• Remove or Restore Stupid Win 7 Network Restrictions.zip
    927 bytes · Views: 67
Reactions: Muliro

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for sharing.
This are the steps to set a SMB sharing folder, right?
I've read somewhere a year or two ago that was possible to stream content from VLC to Wii.
My goal with this would be able to use the VLC to convert 1080p videos to 480p on the goo and stream to the Wii. But it seems I will need to convert them myself.
I was really wanting to watch a old anime on my CRT hahaha

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I can probably be able to do that, though from what I noticed this seem require setting up Mux itself, I think?

Also I tried to see if I could make ToonamiAfterMath be ran through VLC's streaming into the WiiU's browser, but VLC itself seems to get stuck on trying to convert the stream from the M3U8-link I was using. Hopefully I don't end in similar situation with Mux, I guess?
I just gave VLC a try - it's strange, at first it did work but only for video, after that nothing, transcoding still worked though.
Since VLC is not working for this, I would suggest streamlink which does handle muxing the stream just fine. It might even work on the Wii U's browser. Streamlink can apparently work on android via termux but I haven't tried it yet.

Here's a quick guide on what I did: I downloaded the latest installer for windows, installed it with the ffmpeg option enabled and left the configuration file as is. I then opened command prompt (the installer adds it to the path) and write "streamlink --player-external-http --player-external-http-port 8080 --hls-segment-threads 4 M3U8_LINK 480p" Port and threads can be adjusted as needed, 480p is the only valid quality.

I played the eastern time toonami stream for about an hour and no problems occurred.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok I changed my mind KIDS, DO DRUGS