Hardware Wiikey2 or D2Pro9 v3

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had no problems with D2Pro9 v2/3. What bugs are you talking about? The only bug I have heard of is the inching bug but that has been fixed since v2 was released I believe.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lilsypha said:
I would choose the D2Pro9. Great chip.

Same here, happy customer for months now
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moshn said:
okay, i guess i'll be looking towards the d2pro, do you guys prefer solder or clip ?

If you can solder very tiny contacts (especially the 2 pin legs right next to each other -- or you could use the alternate points on the other chip to avoid having to put the two side by side) then soldering is the way to go. It requires a fine tipped soldering iron and from my experience it is hell to attempt an install with a cheap iron on anything other than a PS1 or GC. The clip is great -- if it works. I had a clip that I couldn't get a good contact on all the pins so after a while of trying to prod the pins into place I finally went the traditional route.

QUOTE(lenselijer @ Jan 21 2009, 02:09 PM) d2pro doesnt work good on the latest wii consoles, wiikey2 works fine on everything so i would get that.

Who says? I've seen it in action on a D2E and it works no problem.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No problems here with Wiikey2 on a Wiiclip on my D2E. The truth is that most people with either chip don't have any problems; the kinks have mostly been worked out of the firmware for either chip by now.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lll said:
No problems here with Wiikey2 on a Wiiclip on my D2E. The truth is that most people with either chip don't have any problems; the kinks have mostly been worked out of the firmware for either chip by now.

To add to that: I think the people that for the people that do have problems then it is possibly the clip and not the chip at all. At least this was the case for me and for many others online. The clips seem to have very fragile pins.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
D2Pro and Wiikey2 are from the same team, both have eject issues on some drives, both work the same and have the same functions. wiikey2 is cheaper, so I would go for that.
wink.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
D2Pro and Wiikey2 are from the same team, both have eject issues on some drives, both work the same and have the same functions. wiikey2 is cheaper, so I would go for that.
wink.gif

Have you any proof of this? I have never seen anything to suggest any sort of link between the manufacturing of the separate chips. The original Wiikey had problems that were never resolved yet even the older D2Pro line of chips doesn't have the problem. I find it doubtful that if the same people were making the Wiikey and the previous D2Pro chips that the Wiikey's problems wouldn't have been resolved. Thus I find it even more doubtful that the D2Pro and Wiikey2 chips are made by the same manufacturer.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a fact. Everbody knows that it's the same team. I won't go and search forums just to prove it now.
Just search around wiinewz.com (a lot of professional modders there, that communicate with the teams directly), or just make a new thread there and ask. 10 people will tell you the same as I just did.
Also you can clearly make out the link between D2Pro and D2Lite, doing a whois and the link between D2Lite and Wiikey2, since it's the same chip with a slightly different firmware.

The wiikey team produces the following chips:
- Wiikey
- Wiikey2
- D2Ckey
- D2Pro
- D2Lite
- Drivekey
- XenoWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users