Hacking Wiikey won't save settings

hasteveha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can boot backups fine. I boot from the v1.1 disk from wiikey's site. But when it boots up it says its 1.0 . I change the dvd read speed and region, click save, reboot,nothing saves?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most people don't realize that the disc DOES NOT read that settings of the WiiKey. These are merely default settings. As long as you hit Save Settings and hear the drive spinning, you saved the settings. You should try to load a region backup and prove yourself wrong.

wii_ownz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the setup disc is merely a gc bootable. anyone with a wii that's modded or gc will read and display the contents of the disk. however it will not write the settings for non wiikey users. I don't know and would not even attempt to try and write the settings with another chip, It might mess things up.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Where did you folks order your chips from? The Wiikey team has confirmed that there are at least two different "clone" (ie. counterfeit) versions being sold by non-official resellers. One of them, I am told, does not work with the configuration disc.

Xandu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I got my Wii pre-modded. I'm not sure what chip I got yet
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE