Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've seen a few reports here and there that after updating to 4.2, wiikey v1 modchips region free gets screwed up... anyone can confirm?
unsure.gif

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wonder if patching your IOS70 will allow the config disk to work or even the region free to come back?? time to try again, hope i get time tonite.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I just had a thought. Since the 4.2 update more or less screws up region free for backups, but preloader has region free Wii game hack for it, if enabled will it compensate?

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Startpatch 4.2 has a wii region free hack. This should fix the problem from running import backups on the disc channel.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamer said:
markehmus said:
i wonder if patching your IOS70 will allow the config disk to work or even the region free to come back?? time to try again, hope i get time tonite.

Any info if that worked?
Official 4.2u update blocks my wiikey, tried waninkoko's ...same result now im gonna try this... i dont want to have to use startpatch...i want my wiikey to work if it can...so here i go
takes about a day for me to try since im am busy with other stuff too., but if it works or not i will post back.
(ps actual the waninkoko gave me more of a headache then the Official 4.2update, so i went back to 3.2u with nand backup...too bad)
thank god they fixed the HBC freezing pissed me off.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
mk123a said:
Startpatch 4.2 has a wii region free hack. This should fix the problem from running import backups on the disc channel.
Region free channels and GC, not Wii, god so much incorrect info gets spread here.

I'm about to restore my 4.0 NAND, looks like I'll be stay there for the rest of my Wii's life.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame to watch such a good modchip die
frown.gif

We'll need to re-crack the region free through the system menu in order to solve this problem. The modchip itself will never be able to do so on its own
frown.gif
.... unless they update it.

I doubt the Wiikey Team will though. They're too busy with the Wiikey 2 and Wiikey Fusion to care about us old timers.
dry.gif

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mariomaniac33 said:
frown.gif

We'll need to re-crack the region free through the system menu in order to solve this problem. The modchip itself will never be able to do so on its own
frown.gif

I doubt the Wiikey Team will though. They're too busy with the Wiikey 2 and Wiikey Fusion to care about us old timers.
dry.gif

That's why I'm looking for a "Wii region free" hack for the 4.2x. With this RF might still be able to work with wiikey v1..
rolleyes.gif

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
mariomaniac33 said:
frown.gif

frown.gif

dry.gif

That's why I'm looking for a "Wii region free" hack for the 4.2x. With this RF might still be able to work with wiikey v1..
rolleyes.gif
Don't see it happening, least not right away. They completely changed region detection.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
PainToad said:
Bloodlust said:
mariomaniac33 said:
frown.gif

frown.gif

dry.gif

rolleyes.gif
Don't see it happening, least not right away. They completely changed region detection.

I'll stick to 4.1 at the moment...
unsure.gif

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
That cripples Wiikey2 as well.
I already sent an email asking for update...no reply yet.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
markehmus said:
Gamer said:
markehmus said:

Any info if that worked?
Official 4.2u update blocks my wiikey, tried waninkoko's ...same result now im gonna try this... i dont want to have to use startpatch...i want my wiikey to work if it can...so here i go
takes about a day for me to try since im am busy with other stuff too., but if it works or not i will post back.
(ps actual the waninkoko gave me more of a headache then the Official 4.2update, so i went back to 3.2u with nand backup...too bad)
thank god they fixed the HBC freezing pissed me off.

honors go to v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater (bigger honour if he can fix the region free of the wiikey too!

okay i have darkwii installed in 4.2u and evrything looks good but the wiikey region free is still DEAD

this is better then Waninkoko, better then using the nintendo wii update function, no upside down HBC, no error to install wads or apps..as i said darkwii4.2u with mymenuify2.2 installed great.

credit stev418 for darkwii4.2u

cios38rev14 useing 249 installed via wifi fine as well

hunting challenge_pal region ...loads fine with gecko1091 force NTSC so the flipping of the screen stops

wiikey update blocker fails,wiikey config disk1.3 freezes wii on selection of ''wiikey_config''
preloader bitches about no fake signed 36... no preloader
bootmii is all good, wiikey still loads my region of wiisports_Resort_ntsc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.