WiiKey Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NightKry, Feb 27, 2008.

Feb 27, 2008

WiiKey Help by NightKry at 6:08 AM (735 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. NightKry
    OP

Member NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hopefully i put this under the right category... =P I have some sort of disability when it comes to that...

Well, I got a WiiKey last summer, got it installed properly and all that, played a few of the burned games I bought from the same store, but i've encountered a few problems lately...

K, well more like i never bothered to deal with them until now (i've ignored them for about 10 months)

First of all, I can't update my wii firmware, so i can't connect to the new wiishop and all that sort of stuff...

Second of all, what file sizes do the games have to be for you to burn them so they work?

Third of all, where and HOW do I update the wiikey firmware?

I have a gcn controller to operate it and all, and i also have 4gb (i think) R+ dvd discs..

I hope you guys are able to help me... >< Cuz honestly I can't keep ignoring this =P

Thanks!

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Wii ISOs are usually 89 x 50mb in size (4gb).

You can always scrub the ISO, if your disc are to small (see front page; wiiscrubber article) [​IMG]

You'll need to download and burn this file to install the latest FW on your Wiikey.

note:
    unless you're planning on playing super mario galaxy, i'd install this file instead [​IMG] (it's more stable)

3. NightKry
    OP

Member NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ahhh... Thanks! I'll go try that out first thing in the morning -got to finish some hwk =P

And wow you have speed AND efficeincy.

So i should assume i will use Nero 8 to burn, right?

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    that's what she said [​IMG]

i forgot to answer how you update it.
    well, once you burn the disc with the file you just downloaded, put it in the wii drive and commence updating [​IMG]

if come upon any more problems/questions, PM me and let me know - I'll try to help you [​IMG]