Gamesphere

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a second gen wii that came with a normal D2B chipset and 2.0U firmware. I took out the drive and took it to an guy who soldered the legit wiikey chip in beautifully. I put the wii back together and everything worked fine inclu. Wii Sports. I burned MP3C n DBZBT2 on some 8x Ridata discs n they did not read.
I then updated my wii to 3.0U and tryed again, they didn't work. I burned the leaked wiikey setup 1.9u on 8x Ridata discs n it did not read. I tried again on some cheap +R media and I got a black error screen that tld me to turn off the wii. Anyone know my problem. I personally don't think it's the wiikey. Should I get Sony DVD-R media n try again?
unsure.gif
happy.gif

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If it's a clone or a non-confugred original.. the config disc needs to be run first and settings saved, have you tried that ?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
thats the update not the config

also if you're at 3.00 wii firmware you will have to use a bootdisc to get config 1.2 to work...

1. Download BOOT Disc: http://xreppa.free.fr/Wii-GC/Wii-GC-...ig-BootDisk.7z Boot DVD.
5. When asked eject the disc, and insert the official 1.2 Config Disc.
6. Pick the file: xxxxx.DOL
7. The disc will start, and you can configurate your WiiKey! Put Region Over... on Yes
8. Save settings, and done!

hopefully this will get you going

obv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you have burnt the wiikey setup on various media from el'cheapos to good quality ones and it still does not boot.. i would say it is the modchip install.

even if you use the old "unmodified" version of the wiikey 1.2 setup disc, you should be able to the the GameCube logo once the disc is inserted. So if you do not see the GC logo, high chance it would be the modchip installation.

but make sure you have used recommended branded dvd-r's first

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching...