Hardware wiikey extremely strange problem....

mtbfay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the situation is very stange. It will only accept the 1st backup disk after I powered on my wii. After I quit the game, and put in another backup disk, it will say it can not read disk. I have to turn it off for 20 mins in order to let the wii to accept the backup disk again....

orginal disk can be read anytime, after the 1st backup disk in or before that.

I use verbatim dvd-r and use imgburn to burn the disk with 4x, so I dun think it have any problem. Also, it workes fine once the wii accepted the disk, so I dun think is disk problem....

Do you guys know what's happen? might be loose wire/ defective chips?

any comments are welcome, thx in advance

ordrept

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the situation is very stange. It will only accept the 1st backup disk after I powered on my wii. After I quit the game, and put in another backup disk, it will say it can not read disk. I have to turn it off for 20 mins in order to let the wii to accept the backup disk again....

Do you guys know what's happen? might be loose wire/ defective chips?

any comments are welcome, thx in advance

I would lean towards a loose wire. Seems like as the wii heats up your connection is coming loose. I had to resolder mine and relocate the wii because where I had it was getting too warm.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt it's getting hot enough for the solder to melt. depending on the solder used, it takes at least 360 degrees to melt. if his wii was getting that hot, loose solder joints would be the beginning of his problems.

ordrept

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i doubt it's getting hot enough for the solder to melt. depending on the solder used, it takes at least 360 degrees to melt. if his wii was getting that hot, loose solder joints would be the beginning of his problems.

Heh, you should've seen where I had my wii. It got piping hot just sitting there without being turned on!

But in my case was probably more to do with a shoddy soldering job than anything, but redoing it seemed to help. (My #4 was a very poor joint)

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Heh, you should've seen where I had my wii. It got piping hot just sitting there without being turned on!

FYI-- when the Wii's power light is yellow it's in standby mode and still generating heat (and not running the fan)--that's how WiiConnect24 works.

Only when the light is red (or off if it's unplugged!) is the Wii really "off"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro