Hacking Wiikey DVD9 Brawl Works

george1nehme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i have it working just here to tell people who dont know that it works because im playing SSE now and i have wiikey NTSC/U 1.9g

Edit* Lightscribe DVD Writer
Imgburn
Memorex DVD+R DL
Something wrong with drive so around 2x

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because there isnt atleast 5 other topics with this same subject matter.

but thanks tho
smile.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Everyone already knows that it works.. Couldn't you take a look at the other topics before creating a new one? :/

it's alright since some still get white screen hang when boot dvd9.
Those are usually other modchips than wiikey. Dunno why. Or is there someone with wiikey and white screen problem thing?

But yea there's too many of these "it works with wiikey" threads. or "dvd9 works" etc.

kingofkingz24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are directions to get a succesful DVD9 copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl to Work!

If you havent already, burn the DVD5 version, patch it with regionfrii or brickblocker doesnt matter.
(make sure your config disk is set to region override)
Insert the game and let it update 100% , make sure the game works!(2 japanese duplicate channels will appear)

Burn the DVD9 version, no need to patch with anything.

Insert the disk and it will automatically play.! thats it. NOT complicated at ALL!!

NTSC wii with Wiikey 1.9g
Toshiba DL Burner
Memorex DL disk+r 8x
Imgburn 4x

shadow1psc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to waste a DVD5.

I took a straight launch Wii that's never been modded. It was already 3.1u. Installed a Wiikey on it, ran the update to 1.9g, ran the config disc to enable region override, inserted DVD9 copy of Brawl, updated 100%, and the game worked. I got a green DRE on the opening FMV, ejected the game and put it back in, then it worked fine after we skipped the FMV. Played for a good 3 hours straight and unlocked Marth, Snake, Ness and Luigi.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i am using the regionfrii/brickblock DVD9 to launch the game, then swap with the 'untouched' DVD9 at the start screen. i still get some green DREs in SSE mode...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1