Hacking Wiikey doesnt work :(?

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i soldered my wiikey into the wii using wires but when i insert zelda first time i booted wii with wiikey installed it just says the same error it normally does without wiikey

Do i need to activate it somehow or something?

Please help

I used Phillips DVD+r 4x burn

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it doesn't read any other disk including the config disk, most likely one of your wires popped loose. There isn't anything you can do other than cracking it open and checking your connections.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
How did you install the WiiKey? Pics?

There are two most common reasons for this. First, bad install job, second, bad job burning (or bad quality media/burner).

If you installed via quicksolder...
frown.gif
. If you installed with wires, did you triple check all of your connections? It can get confusing down in there. Before you close up, you want to trace each wire AND give each side a good tugging.

Additionally, you need to make sure that there is nothing that will short out. Especially the four tiny points on the drive... they are VERY close together. If you strip back just the tiniest bit too much, they can touch. I use my own "shingling" method to make sure that this will not happen. Another good idea that someone mentioned is a dab of hot glue.

There is no "activation" necessary. This would only be the case if you were trying to play a game from another region. Then you may need to use the setup disc to enable region free, etc.

And Philips is not a media maker per se, meaning that you would need a disc identifier program to see who really is the maker of the dye, etc. This can let you know more about the quality of the discs. Anyhow, try other discs. Also try another drive if you can. I have many DVDRW drives, and they range from not burning usable games at all (even at slow speeds), to having a 50/50 chance of working, to never failing at all. Failures can happen even if the disc passes verification on your computer after burning.

So what burner did you use as well? And also try burning at 2.4x, this is what I generally burn at. I would do that until you are using a burner that has proven itself.

I have found that bad burns usually will let the disc show on the disc channel, but will give an error when launching, or video will stutter and it will mostly work, or it will give an error while launching the game. It really can vary, but in my experience, most will not give the same error as they would before the Wii was modded. If that is happening, I think most likely it is a botched install job
frown.gif

Anyhow, those are my tips, good luck!

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Phillips founded DVD+R and the first CD ever so dont think so
I use a samsing burner
+one wire poke up ant solder it anymore the whole tin thing is gone i used tape for that one now(it just poke up when i opened again)

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you know these spots where tin is on on the wii the tin gone cant solder one(the one that got off when reopen) wire now
frown.gif

I think the only way to find out if the wiikey is not an Dead on Arrival to buy DVD-r?

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phillips founded DVD+R and the first CD ever so dont think so
I use a samsing burner
+one wire poke up ant solder it anymore the whole tin thing is gone i used tape for that one now(it just poke up when i opened again)

dont know about you guys but "tin thing is gone" sounds like a burnt pad. beleive thats your problem solder it on alternate point or get someone else to do it if your shaky.

modmanwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, your talkin about "taping" it down and "tin is gone" - you need to get someone who knows what they are doing to fix it for you. And dont come on the forums asking for help and then being rude to people who try to help you

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont know anybody who can solder an wire on one of the chips pin that way to dangerous and i dont got anti-tin
Dunno burnt pad the one tin buble is just gone because the wires tin broke

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I solder the wires directly to the chip legs all the time for my customers. If you are very careful it is easy, but if you don't have much soldering experience you should definitely send your system to a professional.

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I cant even hold my hand it shakes all time
Im probably just going to sell my wiikey an screwdrawer and wires (so complete set) on ebay and then i will have something like 20 euro then ill let someone modchip my wii for me for uhm it was 60euro if im right

bliss-chris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you don't feel capable of soldering yourself, it's probably a good idea to have it soldered by a professional. If you do it yourself, try lieing the wire flat on the leg and touch the wire shortly, so it heats up and connects to the leg. Don't touch or presolder the leg with your soldering iron full of solder, because you're highly likely to touch more than one leg and then you might get into trouble without a desoldering pump. Good luck!
smile.gif

I cant even hold my hand it shakes all time
Im probably just going to sell my wiikey an screwdrawer and wires (so complete set) on ebay and then i will have something like 20 euro then ill let someone modchip my wii for me for uhm it was 60euro if im right

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well your 100% right dont start soldering your self let a prof do it but i only have one wire broke off not going to pay uhm 60euro without the modchip to let somebody do it

nevixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also burned away my solder points on my wii dvd drive. After that I brought my wii + wiikey away to an pro (in Eindhoven, Netherlands). He soldered the wiikey directly on the chip. It was 50 euro for the install, but I missed 3 solder points. If you only miss one it would be cheaper.

Good luck

Hit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CD-R from Sony doesnt work :'(

So i may got a Dead on arrival
Im going to sell my wiikey + triwing screwdrawer+Zelda Copy on marktplaats or ebay

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Instead of selling the wiikey, why not get a professional to install it that a few people have mentioned. I paid £55 for mine to be done. That included an original wiikey and postage was paid for returning. Via special delivery (Next day delivery), I sent it on Wednesday and got it back Friday. If your short on cash, just sell your wii originals to cover the cost. BTW ebay won't be pleased if your selling copies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk