Hacking Wiikey config disc wont work

killerkamikaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I downloaded v.1.3 of the config disc and burnt the pal version but when the game is sposed to load it comes up with an error message and tells me to remove the disc and restart the console. Any ideas what might be wrong?

C

cauffy

hi,

FOR PAL USERS ONLY....

once you have updated to v1.9g you then need to run the setup disc v1.3 to change your region setting so the USA SMG version will boot.

to do this you will be the GCOS on a dvdr to be placed in your wii and a gamecube pad connected as well.

boot the GCOS disc and the select BOOT DISC

eject the GCOS disc and put in the SETUP DISC V1.3 and press A on the pad.

you will now be presented with about 4 choices, choose the one that says BOOTLOADER (something like that...

and the wii will now boot the setup disc and the menu will appear on the screen.

change your region setting and then save changes...

reset console...

enjoy SMG....

Cauffy:))

killerkamikaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

FOR PAL USERS ONLY....

once you have updated to v1.9g you then need to run the setup disc v1.3 to change your region setting so the USA SMG version will boot.

to do this you will be the GCOS on a dvdr to be placed in your wii and a gamecube pad connected as well.

you will now be presented with about 4 choices, choose the one that says BOOTLOADER (something like that...

and the wii will now boot the setup disc and the menu will appear on the screen.

reset console...

enjoy SMG....

didnt need to do that on my pal wii wiikey. my region free was still on!
tested on two pal wii's

slapusillydawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an ntsc-u wii with a wiikey installed with a 3.0 update for my wii. Can someone give me instructions on exactly what I need to do to play Galaxy? I haven't used a setup disk yet, but I have the 1.9g update downloaded, and I have the 1.3 setup disk downloaded. Can someone help me? I'm new to this so I don't know what to do.

mattm025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the same boat as the guy above me except I have 1.9g burned. However, when I stick in the dvd it says "unable to read disc." What's going on?

zaXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I installed the 1.9G update before using any of the config discs. Burned SMG at x1 with brickblocker and get a black screen also treid to burn with x1 with brickblocker and regionfrii and still dont work. Dont have a gamecube controller, is there another way than using the CGOS method to turn on the region thingy?

kingmathyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have a gamecube controller, you can press the reset button on the wii to change what you have selected on the menu, and hold it down for a few seconds to select something. I think that's all at least.

So yeah... I want to get SMG to work too. I have a wiikey and 3.0 NTSC Wii. What exactly do I need to do to get it working? Download and install update 1.9 on my wiikey and that's it..?

zaXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you don't have a gamecube controller, you can press the reset button on the wii to change what you have selected on the menu, and hold it down for a few seconds to select something. I think that's all at least.
Don't I need the gamcube controll for CGOS?
So yeah... I want to get SMG to work too. I have a wiikey and 3.0 NTSC Wii. What exactly do I need to do to get it working? Download and install update 1.9 on my wiikey and that's it..?
After what I have read, yes. 1.9g that is. Download 1.9g and follow the instrictions. Boot SMG (need to be burned at x1 i think) and play.

zaXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hi,

FOR PAL USERS ONLY....

reset console...

enjoy SMG....

And where to get CGOS?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I installed the 1.9G update before using any of the config discs. Burned SMG at x1 with brickblocker and get a black screen also treid to burn with x1 with brickblocker and regionfrii and still dont work. Dont have a gamecube controller, is there another way than using the CGOS method to turn on the region thingy?

Don't use brickblocker, it gives you a black scree on SMG. Make sure your firmware is upto date 3.1.

zaXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Don't use brickblocker, it gives you a black scree on SMG. Make sure your firmware is upto date 3.1.
Crap, I used brickblocker on the iso file I downloaded. Do I need to redownload or is there any way to unbrickblock? =p

C

cauffy

Killerkamikaze,

as far as i know you need a gc controller to use the menu on the wiikey configuration screen.

do not alter the image of the game at all, just extract and burn.....

let me know if you need anymore help, i will be on here for the next few hours...

C:)

MrGoogles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you also could change your region in the system settings just change the system language in english this should work. And it does work on my wii no other disc than the 1.9g update is needed

edit: the region free patch of the wiikey is only for gamecube games the wii games doesnt need a region fix by the chip.

Sorry for bad language but i hope i could help you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@