Hacking Wiikey clone just as good as Legit Wiikey?

kingmathyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am going to buy a wiikey for my wii, and I just wanted to know if there is really any major differences (becides the price) for the clone or the official wiikey.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you get a sticker with the official wiikey.
rofl2.gif
They're exactly the same, but the quality of the official wiikey would probably be better.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
If the new update ever comes
nyanya.gif
, your clone may not be compatible with it. So far, I think that there is no difference.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Wiikit (Wiikey clone) and with no soldering experience I was able to solder on the 6 wires on my own, and take the Wii apart.

And for the Wiikey update, it may work with the clones also.... plus if it doesn't... who cares, so a few Gamecube games don't work!! You're buying it to play Wii games and that's what really matters.

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I purchased 5 clones to test and 3 don't even work, not worth the hassle by saving a few quid!
Best to buy a better chip though - eg CycloWiz or Wiinja Deluxe
wink.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wish I'd never got an original wiikey. Why so we support them when all they do is tell us lies. The wiikey clone is meant to be exactly the same chip and PCB. The only difference is you're not giving the wiikey team any money to lie to you.

bobshock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i bought a modded wii a few weeks ago. it is a wiikey-clone and it works great! every game i tried (and i tried EVERY wii-pal game) is working perfectly fine. no problems at all.

(:

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
With all this whining about the audiofix problem, originals or backup, you'd think anyone with a 5th grade education would just install a switch on the power line and be done with it. No power to the Wiikey = same as an unmodded Wii.

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know whats funny? I remember the time where people praised the Wiikey in the pre-launch and early-launch period. People were doing the same thing to Cyclowiz, Just bashing it on every site. Now the tides have turned and evryone says "Get a CycloWiz, Wiikey sucks!" It's so full of stupidity, It doesn't make sense. When the Wiikey update comes I bet all of you are gonna turn the tide again and stop your bitching and complaing and start worshiping it again...

Makes No Damn sense...

As to be on topic, I would get a Genuine wiikey as you may never know which updat eisn't compatible for a clone.

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know whats funny? I remember the time where people praised the Wiikey in the pre-launch and early-launch period. People were doing the same thing to Cyclowiz, Just bashing it on every site. Now the tides have turned and evryone says "Get a CycloWiz, Wiikey sucks!" It's so full of stupidity, It doesn't make sense. When the Wiikey update comes I bet all of you are gonna turn the tide again and stop your bitching and complaing and start worshiping it again...

Makes No Damn sense...

As to be on topic, I would get a Genuine wiikey as you may never know which updat eisn't compatible for a clone.

More like You never know if an update will be released!

Goldcoastr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldcoastrs-modchips.com
XP
Country
Clones are never as good how can they think bout it its not a official model nor isthe quality made not even 5% the same

for starters no wiikey clone includes the gold connections nor the main factor of wiikey models the 01B resistor

now if you want a chip almost like the wiikey the Wiikit is the only model that comes close

it included when made has gold connections & the 01B resistor + the extra option of a wired connection point for more simple install process compared to a official or clone wiikey

picture before shows the old version wiikit with silver connections it now is made with gold connections for better circuit connection

wii-010%20wiikit.jpg

Official Wiikit 16.95ea Best Price on Earth

bow.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a clone in mine. Works perfectly. I'm not sure that the quality is really any better between an 'official' and a clone.

Let's wait and see how long the clones last in comparison before we start saying they won't last as long etc.

I'm also convinced that the Wiikey team has no way of stopping clone chips from being updated. It really makes me laugh.

I'm sure this will be picked apart and I don't care
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...