Hardware Wiikey Clip-on: is now the time?

llatnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a release (pal, and god help me Australian) wii console and that's about when i stopped using it, but now there's a very affordable 65 dollar (Australian) and very undoable chip solution in the wii clip v3 for the wiikey, and I was wondering if anyone had this or the wire equivalent and could give me an impression of the good and bad points.
I've tried reading reviews but most of them are from the chips release and aren't a very modern image of the item as it is in use today. and as i say one of the things that made me shy away form the first few wii chips is they didn't feel as finished as the pirate solutions like the current chips on the ps2 or the flashcards for the DS, so i didnt want to tie (or should that be solder?) myself down to a chip that may be superseded in a matter of a year or so.

but yes, thoughts, both positive and negative from any wiikey users?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could directly get a KeyClip, and flash a Wiikey hex on it
tongue.gif

BTW, I have a Wiikey on my launch Wii (installed it after some months) and until now, everything is running fine.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a soldered wiikey and all works great - some people might give you a load of doom and gloom stories about the wiikey and future support, but for now it works flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT