• Replies 21

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wow, newish to GBAtemp and quickly proving to be very impressive in the scene. I don't have a modchip, so I won't be testing your patcher, but I know all will welcome it!

However, I am verrrry interested in a VC crack, so please, do share any progress you make. I have a full collection of VC's already, but money is tight, and I'd like to round it out a bit more.

Also, this thought just popped into my head. If you developed a VC crack, could that possibly be a way to implement homebrew on the Wii? Or would the games just have to be cracked as they get released - "no unsigned code..." Keep up the good work!

FuManChuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A+ stuff, keep up the good work
biggrin.gif

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great tool, just tested it tonight!

Cooking Mama NTSC-J -> NTSC-U: success! Tested on DMS/Cyclowiz.

Thanks!
Plex

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck on the VC cracking. I think several people have looked at it already and the encryption is proving hard, but you might have better luck.

Remember that Nintendo designed the VC games to be copied to PC readable media (SD cards) and so they worked hard on the encryption. But for region coding for Wii games they didn't think anyone would be able to read or write Wii discs so they probably didn't put so much effort into it.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude keep up the freakishly awesome job!!
blink.gif
If you would be able to make some patch so that us european dudes would be able to play japanese or us games you'll probably become a worldwide known hero!!
ohmy.gif
(Okey that might be kinda exaggerated but you'd be my hero atlest
laugh.gif
)
Not to mention what would happen if you would be able to hack VC
blink.gif

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
and hooray, another succes: Elebits USA works on my PAL
smile.gif
But ONLY when on 60Hz mode, @50 it locks up after the second tutorial (GREAT game btw
biggrin.gif
)

Tomorrow i'm testing Metal Slug Anthology and the game with the destruction monsters (can't think of it now
tongue.gif
)

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry, but how do you know elebits only works in 60 Hz mode, and have 1 success, 0 failures. Wouldn't you need some failures to know it works only in 60 Hz mode? Anyway, GOOD JOB! Glad to see that now the wii scene isn't only one group.

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im sorry, but how do you know elebits only works in 60 Hz mode, and have 1 success, 0 failures. Wouldn't you need some failures to know it works only in 60 Hz mode? Anyway, GOOD JOB! Glad to see that now the wii scene isn't only one group.

i ran elebits in 50Hz mode and it crashed after the second tutorial. I read that someone else had this too. When i ran it in 60Hz mode, it runs flawlessly (played a lot of levels already
smile.gif
) So the program works for elebits!

some parts perhaps require 60Hz? Is ntsc 60Hz btw?

Going to try Wings Island (JAP!), so stay tuned
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...