Hacking WiiGator's Backup Launcher Game Compatibility list

overflow74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know why but my copy of Bully PAL on a PAL Wii worked one time and now I've always a black screen when I try to lunch it.
Do you know what's the problem ?

I burnt it with ImgBurn on a DVD-r in 4x (the minimum with my DVDs).

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meharis said:
Because there are alot of Americans contributing to the NTSC List, I decided to throw in my experience with the WIIGATOR backuplauncher with PAL Games. Hopefully this information is somewhat usefull or maybe not...
rolleyes.gif
Do you not understand that Nuke has nothing to do with this, wants no part of it and started a bunch of trouble because of it?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After reading that Mario Strikers freezes sometimes, I'd give it a shot, the result:

the only way to make this game, in particular, work for me is to put the language set to ENGLISH on the Launcher, just that don't force or anything, let ocarina set to YES, it loads and then the poligonal issues on the "press A" and the only way to play a game is to put it on VS mode with "1rst level", 3 or 2 minutes game and the 1rst stadium that apears, that is the only way...!!

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys...I will try and replace the Wiki, but we'll just have to re-add the games...

I honestly believe the member "zsakul2" vandalized it...

Mods, look into this issue.

EDIT: What the fuck...it's back up.....

Click my sig for the link.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Guys...I will try and replace the Wiki, but we'll just have to re-add the games...

I honestly believe the member "zsakul2" vandalized it...
Brian117 : Its very easy to revert the Wiki after vandalism. Its basically two clicks to bring it back.

zsakul2's friends ARE the ones vandalizing it. They want the Wiki to be hosted on his personal site instead of here. I saw one of them admit it on IRC.

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they need to get lives.

Just because our Wiki is better then their ugly low life, crappy wiki, doesn't mean they have to act like 5 year olds and vandalize it.

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know if mario strikers charged is working or not i get a loading screen and then it doesnt go from there at all is it working or not?

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously man what's the point of vandalizing the wiki? Just freaking stop acting like little kids and screwing around with the wiki.

Anyways, for Metroid Prime 3, does it work or is there a problem with it?
@CMac1988 - Did you play Metroid on PAL wii? or forced PAL?
CMac1988 said:
My tested games so far (All PAL)

Mario Kart - Game crashes after the 1st race in the GP. Also see above.

Super Smash Bro's Brawl (DVD9 full game) - Crashes/Hangs on the 1st loading screen after the save game screen (If no save is created).

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - Other thn the movie stutter, and long loading the only problem with this game is data is streamed during gameplay for the next sequence. During this the you can move your crosshair around but the music will loop and will have to wait aroun 10-20secs till the game continues. Upside to this is having more time to grabbing items, ammo etc...

Battalion Wars 2 - Game plays fine although during campaign the FMV's are rather lengthly and stutter badly and cannot be skipped so prepare to wait a while.

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - Again FMV's are really long and stutter badly. They cannot be skipped so alot of patience is needed. After this the game is only playable up until the end of the 1st level where the game hangs once its completed.

Mario Strikers Charged - Crashes frquently on various loading screens. Also has some strange polygonal glitches whilst on the start up screen and a few of the menu's. Game plays well if you get the chance
smile.gif

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Game plays fine, but like every1 else doors take forever to open if at all so breaks the game.

Mario Party 8 - Seems fine so far although i haven't had time to play a full game. Only problem i have come across is the tutorial video's for the mini-games stutter...

Hope these help people, will have a few more later.

huhster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not understand why people vandalize something that the community is trying to compute!
Vandalizing something like that is a real low ball to all of us! Are they trying to keep us from pushing forth?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darktehnub said:
Seriously man what's the point of vandalizing the wiki? Just freaking stop acting like little kids and screwing around with the wiki.

CMac1988 said:
My tested games so far (All PAL)

Mario Kart - Game crashes after the 1st race in the GP. Also see above.

Super Smash Bro's Brawl (DVD9 full game) - Crashes/Hangs on the 1st loading screen after the save game screen (If no save is created).

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - Other thn the movie stutter, and long loading the only problem with this game is data is streamed during gameplay for the next sequence. During this the you can move your crosshair around but the music will loop and will have to wait aroun 10-20secs till the game continues. Upside to this is having more time to grabbing items, ammo etc...

Battalion Wars 2 - Game plays fine although during campaign the FMV's are rather lengthly and stutter badly and cannot be skipped so prepare to wait a while.

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - Again FMV's are really long and stutter badly. They cannot be skipped so alot of patience is needed. After this the game is only playable up until the end of the 1st level where the game hangs once its completed.

Mario Strikers Charged - Crashes frquently on various loading screens. Also has some strange polygonal glitches whilst on the start up screen and a few of the menu's. Game plays well if you get the chance
smile.gif

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Game plays fine, but like every1 else doors take forever to open if at all so breaks the game.

Mario Party 8 - Seems fine so far although i haven't had time to play a full game. Only problem i have come across is the tutorial video's for the mini-games stutter...

Hope these help people, will have a few more later.

Hey man!, Metroid works fine, but loading time between doors is hideous, to the point of annoyance, I think it crashes a few times as well. So just rent it or buy it, Its definitely worth it.

CMac1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cooler89 said:
anyone know if mario strikers charged is working or not i get a loading screen and then it doesnt go from there at all is it working or not?

Mario strikers locks up at various loading screen frequently. Try it a few more times, and you should hopefully get to the title screen (This has polygonal glitches).
After that i tried to play a few vs. Matches but kept crashing after picking a stadium. Eventually i got it 2 work once after about 5 or 6 tries, after reading a few others managed to get in-game.

QUOTE(darktehnub @ Oct 2 2008, 11:35 PM) Seriously man what's the point of vandalizing the wiki? Just freaking stop acting like little kids and screwing around with the wiki.

All the games i tested were PAL, not forced. Like i said the game works fine but has serious issues when opening doors which can take upto 10mins if your patient enough, but the game has alot of door, lol.

deadrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just soft modded my mates wii and tried a couple :

SMG (Pal) - same as NTSC and hangs at the first cut scene (you need a save file to get past then its smooth sailing)
SSBB (Pal) - DVD9 Boots warning screens then hangs before intro fmv
Boom Blox (Pal) - Works perfectly

And no, patched games do not work on modchipped wii's - it doesn't even recognise them (I had to try!)

haunted6108

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
deadrabbit said:

SMG (Pal) - same as NTSC and hangs at the first cut scene (you need a save file to get past then its smooth sailing)

And no, patched games do not work on modchipped wii's - it doesn't even recognise them (I had to try!)

Do you Think you could try a save to get past the intro on SSBB and give the results?
see if crashes after or its playable

Also has anyone tried DVD5 Version?

daknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested another game:

NBA live 2008 [NTSC/U]
DVD media: Philips DVD-R
Burn speed: 4X
Results: Games crashes on the warning screen about having enough space around. The control loses sync to the Wii at that point.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haunted6108 said:
deadrabbit said:

Do you Think you could try a save to get past the intro on SSBB and give the results?
see if crashes after or its playable

Also has anyone tried DVD5 Version?
Try WiiSave.com to get a save and see if that will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Prob smelled the same anyways +1