Hacking WiiGator's Backup Launcher Game Compatibility list

CMac1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Raiyu245 said:
TrapperKeeperX said:
Has anyone tested brawl yet I do want Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japanese Brawl)
It works, but you need a DVD9 to burn it.

I tested the DVD9 pal version (Burnt using Verbatim DVD+R DL, IMGBurn, Manual layer break, no change to booktype) and the game black screen freezes after the 1st loading screen (After the Wii-Mote/Nunchuk precaution screen). Tried with no save and its the same story although it will alow you to create a game save prior to the loading screen.

ditto

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play pal working very well no slow down or lagging load times are good , cheap dvd+r burnt @ x12 with IMGBurn

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried Okami (NTSC) and it has the same problem as pal. Unskippable intro that doesnt play well, followed by freezing after starting a new game.

EDIT: Just downloaded a gamesave, and it works! If someone can show me a download link of a save right at the begining of the game, that would be great!

overflow74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know why but my copy of Bully PAL on a PAL Wii worked one time but now I've always a black screen when I try to lunch it.
Do you know what's the problem ?

I burnt it with ImgBurn on a DVD-r in 4x (the minimum with my DVDs).

CMac1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
According to the backup launcher wiki, and the 1st post Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles needs to be forced to NTSC for colour.

This is not the case as ive just finished playing the pal version, with no forced options. Also add that during play certain sections load mid-level (during gameplay) and the game takes a few more secs than usual to proceed. Although this is great for picking up items as ur given more time, lol.

EDIT: Thats using composite cables if it matters.
smile.gif

zezke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm, strange when i try to patch ferrari challenge (PAL) i get "Could not get partition title key". I thought this error was caused by missing commonkey file? It's there so what's wrong?

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hazz said:
RE: Umbrella Chronicles NTSC on NTSC wii is perfect in game, cinema scenes skip every few seconds, loading time in level causes you to stand still for 20-30 seconds while playing
Would you (or anyone else who has played the game) say it's still enjoyable? I can live with skipping cutscenes, but frequently standing still for 20-30 seconds in-game? Hm.

zezke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
zezke said:
Hmm, strange when i try to patch ferrari challenge (PAL) i get "Could not get partition title key". I thought this error was caused by missing commonkey file? It's there so what's wrong?

Never mind, command line saved the day again.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question!

For Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (PAL), do I need to patch it to NTSC before applying the loader patch, or should I just patch it with the loader patch and then force NTSC when I go to play it? I have an NTSC Wii and that is why I'm asking.

Thanks a bunch!

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
[Game name:] Mario Super Sluggers
[Region.NTSC/PAL:] NTSC game, PAL Wii
[What cables was you using, Av cables, Hd cables, etc..:] Regular cables
[How well did it work:] Seemed to work fine.
[What kind of issues happened when you used it?..:] Loading times are higher, intro movie is laggy, game is sometimes stuttering
[What type of discs did you use?:] Fujifilm DVD+R at 4x
[If you know what type of cd burner you have then please put it here:]HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20N
[If it didn't work what errors did you get:]/
[Notices:] You need to patch it with WiiFrii v2.3b, otherwise you'll get a green screen.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cosmo2389 said:
I have a quick question!

For Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (PAL), do I need to patch it to NTSC before applying the loader patch, or should I just patch it with the loader patch and then force NTSC when I go to play it? I have an NTSC Wii and that is why I'm asking.

Thanks a bunch!

Use the NTSC version of the game instead of the PAL version?
The list says that both works...

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see.
I would try to patch it to NTSC first and see if it worked.
If not, I would try a pure PAL version and force it to NTSC.
So keep a unregionchanged version just in case.

CMac1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Meowayne said:
Hazz said:
RE: Umbrella Chronicles NTSC on NTSC wii is perfect in game, cinema scenes skip every few seconds, loading time in level causes you to stand still for 20-30 seconds while playing
Would you (or anyone else who has played the game) say it's still enjoyable? I can live with skipping cutscenes, but frequently standing still for 20-30 seconds in-game? Hm.

Its probably the most enjoyable game 2 play with the loader, as the standing still is more like waiting as you can still move around the screen, just have to wait till the game continues on. In my case ots slightly quicker than the 20-30 secs Meowayne is having. If anything though it makes the game a bit more easier, as you have more time to grab items such as herbs and ammo etc..
smile.gif

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kororinpa (PAL) Works on an NTSC Wii.

Force PAL60. If you force PAL50, the screen will flicker. If you force NTSC, You get the green screen of death.

It's in black and white with normal AV cables.

Component cables give you no picture.

I have yet to try patching it with WiiFrii.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont think its against the rules to ask this. Is the only way to get wii dumps slow ass torrents? Im not asking where to get Wii dumps im just asking if there are other methods. I have been dying to try this its just I cant find a way to get my hands on a dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy