GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
I dont think its against the rules to ask this. Is the only way to get wii dumps slow ass torrents? Im not asking where to get Wii dumps im just asking if there are other methods. I have been dying to try this its just I cant find a way to get my hands on a dump.

Other methods
smile.gif

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
I dont think its against the rules to ask this. Is the only way to get wii dumps slow ass torrents? Im not asking where to get Wii dumps im just asking if there are other methods. I have been dying to try this its just I cant find a way to get my hands on a dump.
Yes there is. Direct downloads.
I tried it out and that's how I got Kororinpa in 45 mins
biggrin.gif

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LeonardoGolden said:
airpirate545 said:
Yes there is. Direct downloads.
I tried it out and that's how I got Kororinpa in 45 mins
biggrin.gif

if you know could you let me know i hate torrents to

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the Wiki is all fucked up now. Thanks to a jerkoff.

Thankfully, I saved the HTML code I made when making the regular Wiki on Wikipedia. So I will try and edit it again.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
AMF Bowling Pinbusters - Confirmed working- NTSC Wii. 4x burning speed- Didnt force any regions.

Loading screen is slow, push the home button, which seemed to trigger it to go to the next screen

CMac1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone else confirm that they have Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles [PAL] working fully (in colour) without forcing NTSC?

Dont want to change the wiki, if for some reason im the only one.
smile.gif

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been in contact with one of the moderators of GBATemp regarding the vandalism. He is extremely helpful and has banned all of the IP's who vandalized it and made it so that only registered users can edit the page!

This should cut down on the vandalism.
smile.gif

Link to the Official Backup Launcher Compatibility List

xgrimflamex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question about the cinematics of Battalion Wars 2 [NTSC-U], on my NTSC-U Wii.

I recently burned this game and noticed that the in game movies stuttered a lot. I checked the Wiki to see if there was any compatibility issues with Battalion Wars 2, but no problems were listed.

Here's my question: Has this happened to other people who burned this game?

If not, then the burning process wasn't good. If it does happen to other people, then we should add this problem to the Wiki.

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's just me...but Star Wars: The Force Unleashed freezes randomly...I only played on tutorial and it freezes randomly. It also freezes on loading screen :/ By the way I burned it at 2.4x on dvd-r
Anyone got any idea on what's going on?
frown.gif

zezke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmmm, ferrari challenge (PAL) was reported as working, but it crashes in the menu after car selection here. Bad burn?

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Because there are alot of Americans contributing to the NTSC List, I decided to throw in my experience with the WIIGator backuploader with PAL Games. Hopefully this information is somewhat usefull or maybe not...

All games i tested were burned on Philips or Verbatim DVD-R 4,7GB Discs, which i would ALWAYS recommend besides Taiyo Yuden Discs which are the best u can get but are pretty expensive !

Burner used : LG GSA H-54 N @ 4x speed

All games European PAL Releases, otherwise as stated.

All games do have problems with videos, for the obvious reasons. Good Luck to the Coders[Waninkoko & Nuke and the others who might try] to break the 3x speed barrier !!!

All games tested with Nuke`s Backuploader installed as a wad with NO SETTINGS FORCED

Wii is 3.2 E with waninkoko CIOS v5

Here we go
wink.gif
:

Mercury Meltdown Revolution - works, little stutters in menu

Mario Kart - gp mode hangs after first race, single race works fine though, stutters in menus

No more Heroes - works with stutters, gamelay hangs sometimes while the wii streams game content

Puzzle Quest - works fine, music sometimes hangs and then changes, tells me the battery is almost empty allthough half full, i recommend using nunchuk input method on that one, because it plays better with it.

Wario Ware - Movies stutter like hell, game plays fine but to set up the mood, the videos are needed to watch, so it`s not a recommendable experience with backuploader.

Need for Speed - Pro Street - movies stutter a bit, crap game though but technicallywise playable with backuploader

Trauma Center - 2nd Opinion - movies stutter, in-game there are slightly longer loading times but plays really good

Trauma Center - New Blood [NTSC] - same as above, works on PAL WII with nothing forced in Loader without any glitches

Tiger Woods 09 All Play - Boots to Introscreen then hangs up, no luck with any settings in Loader

Star Wars - Force Unleashed - Works well, seems to have only abit longer loading times than the original disc

Luxor - works without any glitches

De Blob - works very well besides stuttering movies and in game cutscenes take a while to load...great game btw
wink.gif

Geometry Wars Galaxies - works perfectly

Boom Blox - no problems @ all besides stuttering movies

Super Monkey Ball - Banana Blitz - Movies stutter, Sound stutters, sometimes game hangs a bit, i guess the wii is streaming textures besides the music but game is really playable

more to follow tonight or tomorrow...

CMac1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xgrimflamex said:
I've got a question about the cinematics of Battalion Wars 2 [NTSC-U], on my NTSC-U Wii.

I recently burned this game and noticed that the in game movies stuttered a lot. I checked the Wiki to see if there was any compatibility issues with Battalion Wars 2, but no problems were listed.

Here's my question: Has this happened to other people who burned this game?

If not, then the burning process wasn't good. If it does happen to other people, then we should add this problem to the Wiki.

Every1's in the same boat regarding Battalion Wars 2 (PAL though). The game is fine until you start campaign, as like all games the video stutters really bad due to the 3x read speed. Worst of it is you cant skip the video so its a pain in the ass. Other than the video's the game works fine.

As for the Wiki or the 1st page, they need a little updating in regards to a few games, but people keep removing data or screwing up the Wiki.

QUOTE(Meharis @ Oct 2 2008, 10:44 AM) Because there are alot of Americans contributing to the NTSC List, I decided to throw in my experience with the nuke backuploader with PAL Games. Hopefully this information is somewhat usefull or maybe not...

Good list nice to see someone else testing the PAL versions.

@ Mario Kart - Same problems as you but the menu doesnt stutter as per se' just the video's which play in the background (on the icons if this makes sense).

My tested games so far (All PAL)

Mario Kart - Game crashes after the 1st race in the GP. Also see above.

Super Smash Bro's Brawl (DVD9 full game) - Crashes/Hangs on the 1st loading screen after the save game screen (If no save is created).

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - Other thn the movie stutter, and long loading the only problem with this game is data is streamed during gameplay for the next sequence. During this the you can move your crosshair around but the music will loop and will have to wait aroun 10-20secs till the game continues. Upside to this is having more time to grabbing items, ammo etc...

Battalion Wars 2 - Game plays fine although during campaign the FMV's are rather lengthly and stutter badly and cannot be skipped so prepare to wait a while.

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - Again FMV's are really long and stutter badly. They cannot be skipped so alot of patience is needed. After this the game is only playable up until the end of the 1st level where the game hangs once its completed.

Mario Strikers Charged - Crashes frquently on various loading screens. Also has some strange polygonal glitches whilst on the start up screen and a few of the menu's. Game plays well if you get the chance
smile.gif

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Game plays fine, but like every1 else doors take forever to open if at all so breaks the game.

Mario Party 8 - Seems fine so far although i haven't had time to play a full game. Only problem i have come across is the tutorial video's for the mini-games stutter...

Hope these help people, will have a few more later.

DarkFailure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tested sim city creator [ PAL] and its just having a black screen after you started it with the backup loader.

i also tested tomb raider anniversary[PAL] which should work like the compatibility list says but i just get a green screen on my PAL console.

any ideas?

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.2 NTSC-U Console, using cIOS rev5 by Waninkoko.

Pajama Sam - Don't Fear the Dark(Scrubbed) [NTSC]
Burned at 2x speed using IMGBurn, nothing forced.
Works perfectly. It only lags ever so slightly while it hits a movie.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkFailure said:
i just tested sim city creator [ PAL] and its just having a black screen after you started it with the backup loader.

i also tested tomb raider anniversary[PAL] which should work like the compatibility list says but i just get a green screen on my PAL console.

any ideas?

So far only Sim City Creator is confirmed working for NTSC, Try forcing NTSC maybe? Or get an NTSC version and Force PAL.

As for Tomb Raider, I didnt see it on the compatiblity list. Try switching some settings around it might work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍