Hacking WiiGator/Waninkoko GameCube Backup Launcher Tutorial

TwilightFireFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, yeah I'm not completely oblivious heh heh. I tried NTSC mode and it doesn't really seem to force anything. The Wii completely freezes on a green screen on all modes except PAL.

No movement or anything from the drive but with Pal either L or X. My TV says mode not supported and I hear the disc running. More so after the initial loading stops If I start pushing buttons on the controller I hear the disc loading again.

If nothing was going on my Samsung Series 5 HDTV wouldn't say mode not supported it would say no video output. So something is going on. Same with the Wii Gamma launcher only difference is that I can actually force it to NTSC. I'll test on a comp LCD later and see if it really is the case or not but that NTSC mode on the launcher I believe is just saying if your game is this use this not that it actually forces it.

Bla bla I talk too much. Err type.
tongue.gif

So have you been able to run backups from different regions on this launcher or what?

ptsubrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have opened the GZ archive in windows using 7-Zip, all i get is a file called [4928]gcbackup0.1_v21

How do I do this all with windows?

Please Please Help, everyone else seems to be able to get it to work why can't I?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nicely written I suppose, Although I don't under stand why it was needed, Its called 80 million other threads/stickies, and the Read Me included in the package. If you cant get it from those 3 you shouldnt be trying this.

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.

I have a quick question. For some reason when the GCBL prompts me to press a button (Y for NTSC, X for Pal, B too boot with patched mIOS, etc.) it's not recognizing any input from my Gamecube controller. It seems like the game is being loaded fine because it asks me what region I want to use, but when I press a button it doesn't do anything--just sits there. It's hard to tell if it's frozen or not because there's no music.

I've tried switching out GC controllers thinking that might have been the problem, but none of them work. Any ideas?

Edit: Now it's letting me press buttons, but when I do it crashes and resets to the health screen.
frown.gif

D

Deleted-185407

Hi there. Apologies for the necrobump.

I've been trying to get this to work on a friend's Wii.

I'm okay until I reach the Miospatcher. For some reason, it refuses to take any input from the Gamecube controller. The controller isn't official however, but the Wii does recognise the controller perfectly when running original retail Gamecube disks.

As far as I can tell, everything else is alright. Am I missing anything in particular that prevents homebrew applications from reading Gamecube commands?

Thanks in advance for the help.

G550NDH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys im a total noob and did exactly what you said to do ... but i dont have internet so i put the wad file on the root of my sd card went to wanikoko CMios installer v1 and installed a custom mios through the wad ... i then put the disk into the wii and opened the gamecube loader it says dvd read error 263 ... please help guys ... i tried to do the Mios patcher thing but it only uses the internet so i thought this would be the way to do it .. HELP !

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
G550NDH said:
Hey guys im a total noob and did exactly what you said to do ... but i dont have internet so i put the wad file on the root of my sd card went to wanikoko CMios installer v1 and installed a custom mios through the wad ... i then put the disk into the wii and opened the gamecube loader it says dvd read error 263 ... please help guys ... i tried to do the Mios patcher thing but it only uses the internet so i thought this would be the way to do it .. HELP !
How new is your wii? And don't revive threads

MasterEvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, how can i force the gc backup launcher to use a specific region?

I have a game which is multilang. but at start there is no way to choose the language.
It seems that it will always use english. I tried the same game with dolphin where i can
set the region and it works.

I also tried with neo gamma and custom region but no luck.

dielaughing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaight.. here ya go.. I just popped in one of my favorite artists and ran down the list of albums, and I picked out a sort of nondescript track that should just sort of be background sound.. it's not too long either, like 2 1/2 minutes of drone.. it'll do.. thank you for doing this.. and if you would, please copy and paste 'EXACTLY' what your GameCube WAD/Channel does, so I don't get it confused with some of the functions I think it may or may not have.

http://www.fileswap.com/share/edcb20f55bdc...ogharp.rar.html

..again, thank you.. from the Big (er, small;) Island of Hawaii - Chris

chick8ed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
geishroy said:
not sure this is really even necessary, the package should have provided the correct steps to almost be noob proof.

The problem is that many, many users just download the packaged and expect it to magically do it all by itself. At least, with a guide, no we can point to somewhere when they ask "I've downloaded the GC launcher, nao wut?".
XvP8r.jpg

that sums 50% of the posts here now.

joshua_coulter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to play a copy of Super Mario Sunshine i've burned two copies finally i've got the Backup Launcher by Wiigator to load my copy of Super Mario Sunshine i've completely softmod my wii and installed priiloader and installed all the stuff to run backup copies of gamecube games and i've try to use a gamecube wavebird controller and a gamestop g3 gamecube controller but can't get it passed this screen won't load games at all pressed all buttons on both gamecube controllers and nothing works

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-05-14 17.16.53.png
    Screenshot 2018-05-14 17.16.53.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 185

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?