hackedad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
hackedad said:
I'm having a problem with Smash Bros Brawl. Specifically, I start a new game in the adventure mode. I fight the first fighte (Kirby vs. Mario) and win. Then, as it's about to cut to the video, I just get a black screen. The Wii is still on, but the remotes are non-responsive. If I press the power button on the Wii, nothing happens. I have to hold it in to turn it off completely, then back on.

I recently softmodded using xzxero's guide to 4.1. I have preloader (v.29) booting straight into Wiiflow.
I'm using 249 as the default IOS
I've tried the following combos of game-only settings in WiiFlow:[*]IOS222; Error 002 on; Ios reload block on[*]IOS222; Error 002 off; IOS reload block on[*]IOS222; Error 002 off; IOS reload block off[*]IOS249; Error 002 on; IOS reload on/off (both)All have the same result...anyone know what might be wrong?
Have you tried a different loader (USB Loader CFG)?
Which IOS 222 version are you using? If v4 (published with uloader 3.0C) then try v3 (published with uLoader 2.8D) and install it with 36 merged 37.

Honestly, I'm not sure...I just followed the guide. Therefore, I never downloaded uloader specifically. I did read that for a different loader, one person mentioned the game needs to be ripped using IOS222 not 249 as the global setting. I'm pretty sure I ripped it (using WiiFlow and my original disc) while the global setting in WiiFlow was 249. I'm going to try re-ripping it this way and see if it makes a difference.

QUOTE(markehmus @ Oct 8 2009, 06:09 AM)
pop the sd card out ....anytime before you win the round and play without the sd card in if it still freezes quickly hit the a button to load next match befor the coins all drop.

i just pop the sd out a little so its in the slot but not connected. then the freeze wont happen till i reinsert the sd
I don't think that's my problem. I don't even keep the SD card in, since I have preloader going straight into WiiFlow, thereby by-passing the system menu. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll double check just in case.

moloko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi
I'm looking for this theme (Stacks) someone must have seen it?

thanks for this wonderful loader
smile.gif

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

i've joined the Wiiflow project (thx lustar) and have committed an update to Wiiflow 1.1.

Changes in R6:
Code:
Handling for passing IOS arguments (ios=222-mload, ios=223-mload, ios=249) by a forwarder.

Fix for power off/on the HDD if IOS 249 is used on startup (sleep after IOS reloading 249 will power down/on some HDD).

Fix for libogc revisions since september: DISC_INTERFACE __io_usbstorage no longer const.
Source/changes: < http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/detail?r=6 >
DOL: < http://wiiflow.googlecode.com/files/WiiflowR6.dol>

If you want to use the IOS argument passing, you must use a forwarder which passes the required arguments in argv[1]. You can use my "new" Wiiflow forwarder: < http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Narolez/..._NForwarder.zip >

Code:
Wiiflow_NForwarder-WFXF-Channel.wad
ÂÂ
ÂÂ- ID: WFXF
ÂÂ- Region Free 
ÂÂ- Trying to load Wiiflow from different paths, the load order is:
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂFirst from SD and then from USB storage.

ÂÂÂÂfat:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol
ÂÂÂÂfat:/wiiflow/boot.dol

ÂÂ - To pass the custom IOS argument to Wiiflow, hold the following upon forwarder start:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 1 and 2 OR A and B: force ios=249
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 1 OR A;ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ force ios=222-mload
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 2 OR B:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ force ios=223-mload
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold nothing:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂno force, loader default
The ZIP also includes the forwarder dol, for using with Preloader or channel injection. Forwarder developers can find the source here: < http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarder >

Cu,
Narolez

grox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
moloko said:
hi
I'm looking for this theme (Stacks) someone must have seen it?

thanks for this wonderful loader
smile.gif

it is in the light version, simply copy the files to SD and select this theme in the settings. In my light version there were 3 themes in the folder: carbonik, default and RAVMN (this is the one shown in the youtube movie.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hibern said:
And i should add, putting wiiflow in PD isn't only a way to let open source projects start from it, it also is a way to share code with other projects without constraints or silly copyright notices.
maybe it would have been a better idea to choose a different licence. putting something in pd means that anybody could use your hard work and sell it under his name. i don't think that would be a fair deal.

btw. the google code page says its gpl 3 but your content.txt tells that all sources you created are PD. the question is now what is right. i would go with the gpl
wink.gif

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Screemer said:
btw. the google code page says its gpl 3 but your content.txt tells that all sources you created are PD. the question is now what is right. i would go with the gpl
wink.gif
The original release of 1.1 was PD for the WiiFlow files, but if you look at content.txt on google code it says GPL for all files. The google code continuation and distribution is GPL, it's not incompatible.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe someone can help me.

I've been using wiiflow since the early stages and have been a tester, never had this issue.

A friend of mine, "installed" wiiflow.
Thing is...when it starts, stays stuck into the screen "Please Wait".

Even if we disconnect the USB, then shows up the "connect usb" screen...when we do...it lights the led in the disk...but still stays stuck into the "Please Wait" screen.

Now..the disk is a recognizable one. Its a WD MyPassport...just like mine.

Anyone, has a good idea about this?

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pakatus, which Wiiflow version is "installed" (1.1 222, 1.1 249 or latest R6)?
How you start Wiiflow (HBC, Preloader, Forwarder)?
Which cIOS version used?
Have you tried your HDD on your friends Wii or have you tried your friends HDD on your Wii?
Will the HDD recognized by an other loader?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Narolez said:
Hi,

i've joined the Wiiflow project (thx lustar) and have committed an update to Wiiflow 1.1.

Changes in R6:
Code:
Handling for passing IOS arguments (ios=222-mload, ios=223-mload, ios=249) by a forwarder.

Fix for power off/on the HDD if IOS 249 is used on startup (sleep after IOS reloading 249 will power down/on some HDD).

Fix for libogc revisions since september: DISC_INTERFACE __io_usbstorage no longer const.
Source/changes: < http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/detail?r=6 >
DOL: < http://wiiflow.googlecode.com/files/WiiflowR6.dol>

If you want to use the IOS argument passing, you must use a forwarder which passes the required arguments in argv[1]. You can use my "new" Wiiflow forwarder: < http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Narolez/..._NForwarder.zip >

Code:
Wiiflow_NForwarder-WFXF-Channel.wad
ÂÂ
ÂÂ- ID: WFXF
ÂÂ- Region Free 
ÂÂ- Trying to load Wiiflow from different paths, the load order is:
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂFirst from SD and then from USB storage.

ÂÂÂÂfat:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol
ÂÂÂÂfat:/wiiflow/boot.dol

ÂÂ - To pass the custom IOS argument to Wiiflow, hold the following upon forwarder start:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 1 and 2 OR A and B: force ios=249
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 1 OR A;ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ force ios=222-mload
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 2 OR B:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ force ios=223-mload
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold nothing:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂno force, loader default
The ZIP also includes the forwarder dol, for using with Preloader or channel injection. Forwarder developers can find the source here: < http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarder >

Cu,
Narolez
With this new update R6 dol, what is the default IOS that it uses to boot? If it is 249 is there a version that defaults to Hermes 222 so that I don't have to use the forwarder and hold down 1 or A?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Narolez said:
Pakatus, which Wiiflow version is "installed" (1.1 222, 1.1 249 or latest R6)?
How you start Wiiflow (HBC, Preloader, Forwarder)?
Which cIOS version used?
Have you tried your HDD on your friends Wii or have you tried your friends HDD on your Wii?
Will the HDD recognized by an other loader?

WTF is latest R6 ? i really hope people dont start confusing their releases with Hibern's and start calling them the latest version

if anything this is your 1st version not wiiflow's latest

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
Dent, the default IOS is 249. In the next release (R7) i'll build two versions, 222 and 249.

I just tried the forwarder and dol from your post and I'm getting a code dump when pressing home (either on the wiimote or OSD home).

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dipswitch said:
Narolez said:
Dent, the default IOS is 249. In the next release (R7) i'll build two versions, 222 and 249.

I just tried the forwarder and dol from your post and I'm getting a code dump when pressing home (either on the wiimote or OSD home).

in the wiiflow settings set 'exit to wii menu' to ON/Yes

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country