Hacking WiiFlow

R8IaSrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get this working, but my hard drive currently isn't recognized by Neogamma R7. Will this app recognize fat partitioned hardrives (for the backup iso?).

My hard drive for some reason always shows up as two devices. You can format it, throw it around, it shows up as two devices in my computer. How can I load this up so it will work on my hard drive? Are there USB sticks or SD cards that are garenteed to work?

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Just tested games using Narolez's R8. Great job guy.

For anyone interested, not sure if it was mentioned, but using Hermes 222 V4 (38+37) and 223 V4 (38+60) as the default IOS to start Wiiflow would crash Wiiflow in the settings menu. It's random but will eventually crash if you keep going back to the settings menu. However, using 222 (38 only) and 223 (38+37) works fine. I believe even Hermes recommends this configuration for V4 (?). Thanks

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
R8IaSrs said:
I want to get this working, but my hard drive currently isn't recognized by Neogamma R7. Will this app recognize fat partitioned hardrives (for the backup iso?).

My hard drive for some reason always shows up as two devices. You can format it, throw it around, it shows up as two devices in my computer. How can I load this up so it will work on my hard drive? Are there USB sticks or SD cards that are garenteed to work?

Not sure if I get you, if you want to play iso from your HDD, you got to get it formatted to WBFS (after you got it formatted to fat). There are a few tools to do that. Try WBFS manager http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

hackedad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sleeepy2 said:
Looking for a forwarder for this that works with preloader. Anyone have one?

Thanx

The forwarders for use with Preloader as well as the .wad files for creating a channel are all included in the full version installation package. So you select the forwarder and channel theme you wish to use, then follow the instruction in the readme to set it up.

Have Forwarder channel available on System Menu (WiiFlow shows as its own channel on the System Menu)
Steps to get the WiiFlow forwarder channel installed (forwarding to the external HDD).
These steps are all "theme" dependant. There are several channel themes included in the full install archive.
For example, to install the WiiFlow Static Channel as a forwarder:[*]Install "WiiFlow Static Channel Forwarder-WFHL.wad" using WAD Manager (Start HBC, select WAD Manager, select the wad and follow steps to install).[*]Copy the boot.dol file from /apps/WiiFlow_249 to /wiiflow/ on external HDD. Alternately, you could also use The WiiFlow_222. Which one you choose, just depends on which IOS you want WiiFlow to run from. A third (and probably better) option is to use the newer files provided by Narolez. These will let you specify one IOS as the default but override it manually if you want. Certain games need to be ripped/played using a specific IOS. The choice of default IOS just depends on which games you like to play most are more compatible with one IOS vs. the other.
Have preloader start WiiFlow automatically, prior to system menu
Then to get preloader to autoboot into WiiFlow directly:[*]Copy boot.dol from the /apps/WiiFlow_249 folder to root of SD card. Again, Narolez's recent updates are probably the preferred .dol to use for the reasons mentioned above.[*]Rename this boot.dol to WiiFlow.dol[*]Put SD card in Wii[*]Start wii, enter Preloader Menu (holding down reset)[*]Select option to load/install file[*]Select WiiFlow.dol file[*]Preloader writes WiiFlow.dol into the NAND[*]Change startup option to "boot to file" instead of boot to System Menu or HBC[*]At this point, the SD card can be removed from the Wii if you want.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Narolez, if you're taking requests, could you add an entry for disc based titles? Gamecube titles specifically because they cannot be played from WBFS. I'm currently using an autoboot backuplauncher forwarder iso to do the job, it works fine but would be great to have this as default.

Edit: And how about a GC controller support? That shouldn't be too hard.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
john1010_ma said:
Just tested games using Narolez's R8. Great job guy.

For anyone interested, not sure if it was mentioned, but using Hermes 222 V4 (38+37) and 223 V4 (38+60) as the default IOS to start Wiiflow would crash Wiiflow in the settings menu. It's random but will eventually crash if you keep going back to the settings menu. However, using 222 (38 only) and 223 (38+37) works fine. I believe even Hermes recommends this configuration for V4 (?). Thanks
Thx, friends have tested about 300 different PAL/NTSC games on PAL Wiis with 222/223/249, no black screens at all, its stable now! But they flooded their NAND with savegames.
biggrin.gif

IOS concerning, yes, the (default) recommend configuration for V4 is IOS 222 as 38 and IOS as 38 merged 37. On some Wii's, merging with other IOS cause problems. I personally use 222 V3 as 36 and 223 V4 as mentioned. I use 222 V3 because V4 have "online problems" like 249 (example freezing lobby screen in the conduit). I think, its induced by using IOS 38?

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Having a disc channel in wiiflow would be so cool, then we'd never have to go to the wii system menu anymore
smile.gif
Wiiflow would be a total replacement then
biggrin.gif

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bug-report: the forwarder that was posted works fine through preloader when it's set to autoboot the installed file. But if you manually choose to start the installed file from the preloader menu, it doesn't work. It doesn't seem to 'find' either the SD/HDD when launching it manually. Can someone confirm/disconfirm please?

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, I see. Then I hope it will get fixed in 0.30, if that ever arrives. If not, I'll install the boot.dol directly with preloader instead of using the forwarder. That's a little faster as well. Or is there any disadvantages to it?

And it is correct that there's no channel wad (non-forwarder) yet for r8 ios222 wiiflow, right?

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i've got a problem. since i updated to v1.1 i get an exceptional error when i start games with cios 222/223.
they worked fine on v1.0
249 works with every game.

cios 222/223 v4
222: 38 merged with 37
223: 60 merged with 38

222: 38
223: 38&37
doesn't work either.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

Ive been off the scene for a bit trying to sort out some thing in real life, just popped in for a look today and i have to say Hibern , this is excellent.

I just put it onto my harddrive to test it out and im very impressed.
I have a tiny issue though if anyone can help me out with it - the program downloaded all of the game covers to the harddrive fat partition and i can see all of the covers when i open it on a windows machine , but they dont display when i try to boot the system with no sd card in the front.

It works fine with the covers on the SD card , and i have tried modifying the wiiflow.ini to look like this :
Code:
dir_box_covers=usb:/wiiflow/boxcovers
dir_cache=usb:/wiiflow/cache
dir_flat_covers=usb:/wiiflow/covers
dir_music=usb:/wiiflow/music
dir_themes=usb:/wiiflow/themes

but i still get blank covers - what am i missing ?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@djtaz

Does your wiiflow.ini contain the following code?

Code:
[GENERAL]

data_on_usb=yes

Also maybe try using the sd card temporarily with sd:\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini containing the same code as above. So are you saying that if you put an sd card with no covers into your Wii, then the covers on the hdd will show? But if you remove the sd card, then the covers don't? I always leave my sd card in my Wii so I wouldn't ever stumble upon this problem.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks , ill try that now - and no , i have the covers on the SD card , so they show when i use that , but i want to get rid of it so that i dont depend on the SD card at all and wanted just the HD to run.

Ill let u know how the data on usb goes

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dsfanatic5 said:
@djtaz

Does your wiiflow.ini contain the following code?

Code:
[GENERAL]

data_on_usb=yes

Also maybe try using the sd card temporarily with sd:\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini containing the same code as above. So are you saying that if you put an sd card with no covers into your Wii, then the covers on the hdd will show? But if you remove the sd card, then the covers don't? I always leave my sd card in my Wii so I wouldn't ever stumble upon this problem.

Nope , that didnt work - thanks anyway.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the way this looks however I would miss the title launcher and the new disk launcher in usb loader gx. So I will have to wait till you can add these little things. Thanks for coming up with such a great usb loader and I hope you can add these things soon.

princerock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thanks for the great work! I'm having a problem here. Everytime I launch usb loader, it askes me to "plug in usb hd in port 0". But my hd has already been there. then I have to unplug it and re-plug and it works fine. I have to do this EVERYTIME. Even if the hd has already been recognized by it once. I searched faq but didn't find a solution. Any one can help me?

I used the guide here to softmod my wii: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901. It's 4.2u and everything is up to date. wiiflow is 1.1. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr