Hacking WiiFlow

SuperToyShow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you change the LANGUAGE?

I tried NIHONFLOW assuming it would allow the Japanese games to display correctly in willflow, but it doesn't.
It just uses that same, thin, generic font. It even had a Japanese font included with it, but won't load it.

I'm assuming it's because my Wii us U not J, but I can set any game to display Japanese fonts correctly, so why no Wiiflow?

There must something I'm missing. Can someone help?

Thanks!!

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
you will not see this project focusing on getting Online cheating working...at any point..Ocarina issues will not be fixed...play the damn game instead...and there nothing wrong with WiiTDB at all...

its just nice to have a extra place to grab covers from aside from WiiTDB and Muntrue.

and cIOS Rev15 does exist...
biggrin.gif
i assure you

any further questions ask in #wiiflow or #gamingexposed on freenode.

also...we wanted to team up...but certain people dont like affiliation with GE...which a few members of this project have, so i guess that cant be helped. and also i have not seen a version of OpenWiiFlow with a update feature.

but then how do you use things like project smash attack with wiiflow? :/ (psa modifies characters movesets to add custom new moves for regular or completely new smash brothers brawl characters)

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SuperToyShow said:
How do you change the LANGUAGE?

I tried NIHONFLOW assuming it would allow the Japanese games to display correctly in willflow, but it doesn't.
It just uses that same, thin, generic font. It even had a Japanese font included with it, but won't load it.

I'm assuming it's because my Wii us U not J, but I can set any game to display Japanese fonts correctly, so why no Wiiflow?

There must something I'm missing. Can someone help?

Thanks!!

well you have to switch to nihonflow and then change the language to japanese. it should work that way.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mark.m.moran said:
Cheers Maduin! Would this explain why the covers are not downloading and I can't change the themes?

M

Hey Mark - yeah you need a Fat / Fat32 partition on the drive for it to work properly.
It should work fine once you have that on.

Also , you can use wiiboxart.com to get the covers your missing as well by changing the wiiflow.ini file to include :

url_full_covers=http://www.wiiboxart.com/wiifull/{username}/{password}/{gameid6}.png

if the other sites are missing anything.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I just downloaded Wiiflow_NForwarder.zip package from http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list

I then installed the latest wifflow static channel Wiiflow_NForwarder-WFXF-Channel.wad using wad manager 1.5.

It now shows up on the wii menu but every time I run it via the wii system menu it will load the front page and then when I click start it just takes me back to the wii system menu!

I'm on PAL 4.1E if this helps, with latest version of bootmii as boot2, preloader 0.29, and hbc 1.03.

Any ideas???

Just to add, both versions of wiiflow (222 & 249) work great via the apps through hbc. They read my usb drive without probs!! Neogamma channel also works for me with no problems through wii system menu.

Thanks!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
melodical said:
Hi guys I just downloaded Wiiflow_NForwarder.zip package from http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list

I then installed the latest wifflow static channel Wiiflow_NForwarder-WFXF-Channel.wad using wad manager 1.5.

It now shows up on the wii menu but every time I run it via the wii system menu it will load the front page and then when I click start it just takes me back to the wii system menu!

I'm on PAL 4.1E if this helps, with latest version of bootmii as boot2, preloader 0.29, and hbc 1.03.

Any ideas???

Just to add, both versions of wiiflow (222 & 249) work great via the apps through hbc. They read my usb drive without probs!! Neogamma channel also works for me with no problems through wii system menu.

Thanks!
Have you thought to check the directory where the boot.dol is placed? it should be /apps/wiiflow/.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
melodical said:

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Try this wad if all you want is to get a channel to wiiflow on your desktop

http://www.wiiboxart.com/WiiFlow_25_Taz-WFBH.wad

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Everytime i try to DL covers Using WiiFlow, It tells me it couldnt find the full cover, and that 0/Etc. Covers were downloaded. Is there a way to manually put them on Wiiflow? and yes, i searched first.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorox said:
Hi, Everytime i try to DL covers Using WiiFlow, It tells me it couldnt find the full cover, and that 0/Etc. Covers were downloaded. Is there a way to manually put them on Wiiflow? and yes, i searched first.

in Wiiflow.ini the search sites are there
you have to make sure your wii is online first of course

what sites are u searching ?

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers Blue-K, you were correct in your assumption. When i originally downloaded wiiflow for testing purposes I download the 249 and the 222 version. I named the folders

/apps/wiiflow222
/apps/wiiflow249.

Just changed /apps/wiiflow222 to just /apps/wiiflow and now it works but only with the sd card inserted. I assumed that because it was a wad it would install it to the wii instead of just forwarding it to /apps/wiiflow.

UPDATE: My bad, just realised that the clue is in the title 'Wiiflow_NForwarder-WFXF-Channel.wad'

D'oh!

Thanks matey! Also thanks to djtaz for the link.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i try to install a channel for wii flow like a forwarder or something i get the ret=-1 error. I can install things like vc and ww games but not these. Why?

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if a official/unnoficial full channel wad has beeen created for the latest release of wiiflow 222 yet?

The official site of http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list only has a wad forwarder (Wiiflow_NForwarder.zip) and hence wont let me run it without my main sd card inserted into wii.

I'm not a big fan of channels but i'm getting a 2nd, 4gb sd card (non sdhc) soon for Rockband 2 & Rawk SD and nand backups etc and will need to swap sd cards as my main 2gb sd is nearly full.

On a side note, thanks Hibern for creating what I think is the best usb loader out there!
smile.gif

edit: found the file from another thread i'll try and dig out the link!

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Why no new posts since my last one??? Seem's like the perfect oppertunity for a bump for this thread and hibern for this wicked prog and a few questions?

Hibern? Is this project now over dude?
sad.gif

Thanks!
smile.gif

MrTweety

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed severall kinds of USB loaders in the HBC. They all work fine.... but when i install an USB forwarder channel they all give me a black screen and the Wii hangs. Now i use the WiiFlow.... very very nice, but again via the HBC. Also the startnight channel forwarder gives me a black screen and hang-up. I would like to start via a loader in the channel menu. I've read all forums but still no answer found. I have a feeling that i have to install an extra IOS or cIOS.

Please help? I'm lost
frown.gif

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTweety said:
I've installed severall kinds of USB loaders in the HBC. They all work fine.... but when i install an USB forwarder channel they all give me a black screen and the Wii hangs. Now i use the WiiFlow.... very very nice, but again via the HBC. Also the startnight channel forwarder gives me a black screen and hang-up. I would like to start via a loader in the channel menu. I've read all forums but still no answer found. I have a feeling that i have to install an extra IOS or cIOS.

Please help? I'm lost
frown.gif

yeah, I'm having the same problem myself, and nobody can provide an answer, or even tries to. I've asked on several different boards, too, so don't expect an answer :\ unfortunately

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
MrTweety said:

Please help? I'm lost
frown.gif

i use usb forwarder channels to but the name of what channel your using would help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol