Hacking WiiFlow not detecting hdd after power off/on

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have modded aprox 50 Wii's for friends/family members and out of all of them only one has given me this problem.

I've used the "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" method to mod every one of the Wii's I have done, I do them all the same from the DarkWii Theme, WiiFlow USB Loader, Starpatch 4.2, ect. I only recommend two different hard drives when I do a Wii, the a Seagate Free Agent or a Western Digital My Book.

At first I thought the Seagate drive was bad so we returned it and got another drive and its doing the same thing. The Wii loads WiiFlow, runs game after game after game, you power it off and then the next time you turn it on it does not recognize the hard drive. To get it to work again you must power it off , unplug the power to the harddrive and plug it back in, then turn the Wii back on and everything works again until the next power cycle.

Any ideas why this is happening?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like your HDD is not waking up after a prelonged period.

Theres 2 ways of fixing this i know of

1. turn off the HDD when not in use then power it on before you power up the wii to give it a little extra time to spinup

2.use a tool like HDDScan to disable sleep/spindowns or FreeAgent Tool might be able to do this for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast