Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what source menu is, I think I use flow view which has the 6 icons that show up at the bottom. Ok, got it working. I used the second to last button on the right to cycle through to the nand and it showed all the wads I had installed. Whew, I feel like an idiot now.
One other thing i'm struggling with, is Wiiflow suppose to show all the Homebrew titles you have in the 'apps' folder of your storage drive. Do you need a plugin for each one or is their a way to display/load Homebrew titles wthout plugins.
use the 'second to last button' to cycle thru till homebrew apps is shown.

plugins are when you want to launch a homebrew emulator and have it auto start a rom.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I am looking to switch over from USB Loader GX to Wiiflow as it just seems smoother and looks better with large libraries.

I am having a weird issue though. USB Loader GX shows all 589 GC ISO's I have, but Wiiflow only counts 567. Is there an easy way to figure out which ones are missing from Wiiflow and more importantly, make them appear?

I refreshed the cache but its not budging.

Thanks

Last edited by LDigital,

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC wiiflow shows only one entry for multidisc games. It could be that

Unfortunately not. checked back at loader GX and its only showing 1 entry per game including those with dual discs.

Both are referring to the same games in the same folder

is there a way to review a game list that each app see's so I can vlookup and figure out the missing ones?

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
idk what games are missing, but it might be the regex?
Try going to sd:\apps\wiiflow\wiiflow_lite.ini

scroll to the line that starts "filename_skip_regex="

Change everything after the = to this:
((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(^disc2[.]iso$)|(^neogeo[.]zip$)|(^funboot[.]rom$)|(^(ecs|exec|grom)[.]bin$)|(^pgm[.]zip$)

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately not. checked back at loader GX and its only showing 1 entry per game including those with dual discs.

Both are referring to the same games in the same folder

is there a way to review a game list that each app see's so I can vlookup and figure out the missing ones?
Try to look in wiiflow/cache/lists.
There should be a file called usb1_gamecube.db. if you open it with a text editor you should see the GC games

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
idk what games are missing, but it might be the regex?
Try going to sd:\apps\wiiflow\wiiflow_lite.ini

scroll to the line that starts "filename_skip_regex="

Change everything after the = to this:
((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l][^a-z]|0*[2-9]|0*[1-9][0-9]))|(^disc2[.]iso$)|(^neogeo[.]zip$)|(^funboot[.]rom$)|(^(ecs|exec|grom)[.]bin$)|(^pgm[.]zip$)

Thanks for the suggestion. that didn't work though :(

I looked at the gc db file and it didnt have a full list, just 5 or so games

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
mine have a more restrictive one:

filename_skip_regex=((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]?[b-z2-9])

could let you see more games.
This is the default regex, and mine is more permissive, which is actually good for displaying as many games as possible. I modified the regex to make sure it only hits files you for sure want to hide.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys. Still no luck. :(
I have switched back to GX for now until I can figure it out. I have refreshed the cache many times too but it only ever sees the 567 and not the rest

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I am looking to switch over from USB Loader GX to Wiiflow as it just seems smoother and looks better with large libraries.

I am having a weird issue though. USB Loader GX shows all 589 GC ISO's I have, but Wiiflow only counts 567. Is there an easy way to figure out which ones are missing from Wiiflow and more importantly, make them appear?

I refreshed the cache but its not budging.

Thanks
If you can, please use WFl 5.4.9 to test if you still only see 567 instead of 569 GC games.

Ever since 5.5.0, this has been an ongoing problem with games not being seen on multiple consoles/platforms.

@chrondelta has released many patches but obviously this bug is not going away.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't be easier to set the regex line to something simple then reload cache? And see how many gc games this time.
Post automatically merged:

Never mind. Regex doesn't affect gc games. It s only for plugins.

Last edited by fledge68,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i checked my own GC game count since @LDigital has the same issue i had with GameCube some time ago (not seeing all games).

I used both, with Regex and without Regex, and my game count was correct either way, 466 GameCube games recognized. Also using WFL 5.5.4 test build 2.

I then tested with GX to confirm results and GX is not seeing 2 of my games (464). Very strange behavior because i do not recall GX having this issue before.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I tried a fresh install 5.4.9 and cleared the cache. It still only sees 567/589
From your SD card, please find sd:\wiiflow\cache\lists\sd_gamecube.db and share it here with us. You may have to put it in a zip file to upload correctly.
Also, please share with us a complete list of what GameCube games you expect to be seen by the system, aka, a list of files, in plaintext format.

The only way we'll be able to solve this is to know exactly what games are missing from the list.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
The following games are missing:

Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lose Ocean
Baten Kaitos Origins
Conan
Enter the Matrix
Freaky Flyers
GoldenEye - Rogue Agent
Killer7
Medal of Honor - Rising Sun
Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Code - Veronica X
Resident Evil Zero
Ribbit King
Tales of Symphonia
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Battle Nexus
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 - Mutant Nightmare
The Lord of the Rings - The Third Age
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Double Agent

That's 22 games, which matches what you said is missing. I did this by extracting the data out of the db file and comparing it against your spreadsheet of games that should be there. I notice that most (ALL? I don't know a bunch of them) of these are double disc games, so your wiiflow is not correctly displaying double-disc games.
Did you make sure to put your double disc games into their own folders? Basically:
in sd:\games, make a new folder, title it whatever (pick the name of the game, the Disc ID, whatever you want). Inside that folder, rename the disc 1 iso to "game.iso" and disc 2 to "disc2.iso"

Example: here's what it looks like in one of my builds, the sd:\games folder

1666195187768.png

And then inside say, the Resident Evil folder, you have
1666195219617.png

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, reporting back, this totally fixed it. I was unable to figure out the missing games so didnt know where to begin.

It turns out the Gamecube Backup manager I used to originally transfer the games bodged the double disk games totally. USB Loader didnt seem to mind but WiiFlow was not having any of it.

Thanks for all your help on this thread, 589/589 are now showing up as expected.

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys, for some reason my Wii Cursor is just non-existent in WiiFlow after returning to WiiFlow from booting a game, have to plug my Gamecube Controller in for a Cursor or Reboot WiiFlow completely each time. It's really annoying and I've never had this problem before, any idea what this could be to fix it?

• Wow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtD6BeBJK4