Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a very dumb question.
Every time I select a wiiware game, it goes directly to the banner of the game with "start" or "back" buttons. So now I don't have the gear button to enter the settings off the game. Any idea?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Hakaisha your nunchuck issue is probably because wiiflow use libogc wiiuse which probably doesn't like third party controllers. I kept libwupc in wiiflow because it works with my 3rd party wii u pro controler. libogc doesn't.

@Tetsuo Shima I tried browsing gameinfo 50 times or more (several times) but never had an issue with any custom backgrounds using your theme. I can't seem to reproduce this problem. The only thing i can think of is when I viewed wiimpathy's snapshots and cart disk images on my pc there were some that didn't display correctly. they had zero k size or something. I removed those before adding snapshots and cart disk images to my sd card. maybe you have some of those images and they are causing issues with wiiflow for you. or maybe scan your sd card for errors again.

as for adjust coverflow. It took a lot, i mean a lot, of changing different setting values before i finally got the garbled background. There's definitely an issue with coverflow but nothing to do with the backgrounds. I had issues more with the outer covers not displaying (showing just a white box). That will be a hard bug to track down.
Ok, I removed all the zero k files that I had in my snapshots and cart_disk folders.
Then, I just noticed a strange line in plugins_data/scummvm.ini
Freddi Fish And Luther's Water Worries=101308|23B93EEE|153E65DC|
=99592A|1B1863C0|0BE37918| <------ this
Full Pipe=155471|5F40F18B|
one game has a missing title. It could've been accidentally deleted by me, because in the original pack from Wiimpathy the title is there (Freddy Pharkas).
I checked every single .ini file for other platforms and there were, in a few cases, some spaces before the '=' (even in Wiimpathy's original pack). I don't know if it could be a problem, but I see that almost all of the game titles have no spaces at the end. So I removed those spaces, then deleted all the gametdb_offsets.bin files to let Wiiflow recreate them.

I did some tests, cycling game infos with various plugin games and the bug eventually showed up again, this time no more on Neogeo.
It's strange because I didn't find 0k files in there to remove. So I think that it can happen regardless if that platform was having 0k images.

Reactions: Alexander1970

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I removed all the zero k files that I had in my snapshots and cart_disk folders.
Then, I just noticed a strange line in plugins_data/scummvm.ini

one game has a missing title. It could've been accidentally deleted by me, because in the original pack from Wiimpathy the title is there (Freddy Pharkas).
I checked every single .ini file for other platforms and there were, in a few cases, some spaces before the '=' (even in Wiimpathy's original pack). I don't know if it could be a problem, but I see that almost all of the game titles have no spaces at the end. So I removed those spaces, then deleted all the gametdb_offsets.bin files to let Wiiflow recreate them.

I did some tests, cycling game infos with various plugin games and the bug eventually showed up again, this time no more on Neogeo.
It's strange because I didn't find 0k files in there to remove. So I think that it can happen regardless if that platform was having 0k images.
ok well for now i have no idea why .... maybe something will pop up out of the blue and ill see something in the code to fix it.

DCGI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^
I have created a emunand and Sneek+DI with ModMii.
I put all the files on my SD card but when I launch a WiiWare in wiiflow with neek2o activate I got a black screen :/

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok well for now i have no idea why .... maybe something will pop up out of the blue and ill see something in the code to fix it.
Just a random thought on this issue. When I was testing the database code, I noticed a memory leak as long as you stay in Game info view. The leak was present for Wii games so even before the plugin db code was added. Something's not freed when calling GameTDB's code.
It could be unrelated but it may help to see how much Ram is used too. I don't remember if this info is available with a log option.

And yes, there are a few errors in the databases and ini. I'm trying to fix some of them add some info too. Probably one last uptade on this stuff.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wiimpathy thanks for the info. I myself was speculating that the xml or their offset bin might not be properly clearing from memory. you can turn on show mem free to show while wiiflow is running. under [DEBUG] set show_mem=yes.

@RunningSnakes you are not crazy. covers for scummvm games are never cached (saved as wfc files). I finally had time to check into it today. when i set things up the covers were all blank. but i noticed the cache covers progress bar never showed. I checked the code and sure enuff the covers were never cached. I have fixed the problem as well as the plugin cover color and will be releasing an update soon. sorry you went through all that trouble trying to figure out what was wrong.

DCGI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I will try to launch it again ^^

Edit: I change my emunand with one with only one WiiWare on it and after waiting 1 hour I get nothing :/
I also tried to launch neek2o with the forwarder channel but it's stuck at "Reload BootMii IOS"

Last edited by DCGI,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• neek2o NK2O_1 .zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: Alexander1970

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello ^^
I have created a emunand and Sneek+DI with ModMii.
I put all the files on my SD card but when I launch a WiiWare in wiiflow with neek2o activate I got a black screen :/
another question. did you create sneek+di or neek2o? wiiflow lite only works with neek2o.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have "neek2o NK2O_1.wad" installed ^^

I have Neek2o because I created Sneek+di with ModMi ^^
just to clarify. when you ran modmii. did you select 'o' for options and then on the options menu select 'n2o' to make sure it was enabled? also when you selected sneek installation did it say check the version of neek2o you would like to build?

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious and have a question, for anyone who uses WiiFlow tiers and can answer.

Do you feel it's important to keep a Wii/USB source button on the base tier? Or would you be okay with having to click a 'Games' button first, then select 'Consoles' and having your Wii source button sitting alongside all the other home consoles?

Having the Wii source placed in a Consoles tier feels "correct" and more organized, but it also feels counterintuitive to have a Wii USB Loader program that requires you to click through 2 menus just to load up a Wii game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2