Hacking WiiFlow Lite

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68
nice job update with single cover for 2 discs i wish the Wii and GameCube can display or more in 1 screen like on 5.0 also the Super Nintendo doesn't rotate as original box. I'm staying with 5.0 until you have next update release. Thanks
now i figure how to add plugin in 1 screen cross that one. still want to have SNES9XGX to be able to rotate like normal wide box not tall box

Last edited by FanNintendo,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68
nice job update with single cover for 2 discs i wish the Wii and GameCube can display or more in 1 screen like on 5.0 also the Super Nintendo doesn't rotate as original box. I'm staying with 5.0 until you have next update release. Thanks
now i figure how to add plugin in 1 screen cross that one. still want to have SNES9XGX to be able to rotate like normal wide box not tall box
In the 5.4.0 zip look in wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows for default.ini. it will make your snes rotate. You also need platform.ini in plugins_data folder. I included all those in the zip for a reason.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.4.0 wiiflow can u make it as wiiflow_lite because 5.4.0. will not go through WiiFlow channel. I had to go thru homebrew to click on wiiflow.
you have something wrong.
are you sure you have a wiiflow forwarder channel installed? not a wiiflow_lite forwarder channel?
wiiflow goes in apps/wiiflow

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On vWii, every time I load a game it gives me a black screen and I have to disconnect the power. How i can fix it?
did u set your icos to 249 or 250 mine setting is 249 and make sure your usb is plugged in bottom not top

Sorry i didnt see u saying vWii for Wii U make sure its top usb opposite from regular Wii system

Last edited by FanNintendo,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On vWii, every time I load a game it gives me a black screen and I have to disconnect the power. How i can fix it?

we need more info:
what type of games?
are they on SD or USB stick/flash drive or USB HDD?
on wiiu do you use a Y cable for your USB HDD?
what is your SD or USB device formatted?
what folder is your games in?
What cIOS do you have installed?

coraline2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, how about everyone ...
I don't know if this is the right post to ask for this help but I need your advice please

I try to run the cps3 core using wiiflow lite 5.4 but do not read the retroarch.cfg file of my usb, just create your folders and your configuration file on the sd card.
My question is if by chance will there be an alternative for this core to read only the files that I have configured in the usb? Since I do not want to create conflicts when detecting the cache folder when I run a game.

P.D with the other cores I have not had any problems, they run very well with this version of wiiflow...

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday, I finally decided to complete ScummVM setup which I started some time ago. I had around a dozen games working through WFL plugin mod-18 & they are still working. Problem is, I decided to get the artwork set up & I'm baffled. I'm using latest 5.4.0 with Source Flow & have tried everything I can think of including changing file path and arguments. All games are recognized and work through WFL, but Artwork is no show using @mastershoes covers with no extra file extension attached to .png files. It is probably something silly I've overlooked, but I've setup 3 dozen source/buttons and this one is kicking my rear end. Also, when changing spine/border color, it is not detected either. What's Really going on here?:unsure:

Reactions: Alexander1970

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It was default, but have changed location a few times hoping that would solve the issue. filetypes=..... is the thing I'm leaning towards in the .ini since by default it is blank/nothing entered. But even after changing spine/border color, there is no change there either. Confusing to say the least, maybe there has to be a file extension associated with filetypes I am not aware of.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It was default, but have changed location a few times hoping that would solve the issue. filetypes=..... is the thing I'm leaning towards in the .ini since by default it is blank/nothing entered. But even after changing spine/border color, there is no change there either. Confusing to say the least, maybe there has to be a file extension associated with filetypes I am not aware of.
filetypes is not used for scummvm games.

scummvm game's are all listed in scummvm.ini. wiiflow parses this files to get the Title, Path, and Name for each game. if you do not have a scummvm.ini you need to run scummvm like a regular app to create it. but I believe wiimpathy's plugin download already comes with one with all the games listed in it even if you don't have them all. and it's set for the games to be on USB. you would have to change all paths to SD:/ if you want to use SD (not recommended).

so here is the first part of scummvm.ini:

[scummvm]
lastselectedgame=LOOM-VGA
wii_video_default_underscan_y=16
wii_video_default_underscan_x=16
wii_pad_acceleration=5
browser_lastpath=usb:/ScummVMroms
mute=false
versioninfo=1.5.0
temp_selection=sky
wii_pad_sensitivity=48

[plugin_files]
loom=plugins/SCUMM.PLG

[agi-fanmade]
platform=pc
gameid=agi
description=Get Outta Space Quest (DOS/English)
language=en
path=usb:/ScummVMroms/Get Outta Space Quest
guioptions=sndNoSpeech lang_English

[agi-fanmade-1]
platform=pc
gameid=agi
description=Lefty Goes on Vacation (Not in The Right Place) (DOS/English)
language=en
path=usb:/ScummVMroms/Lefty Goes on Vacation (Not in The Right Place)
guioptions=sndNoSpeech lang_English

[sq0]
platform=pc
gameid=agi
Skip [scummvm] and [plugin_files] sections.
The first game is listed as [agi-fanmade] this is the name used as the filename of that game's cover png.
so the cover should be agi-fanmade.png and put in :/wiiflow/boxcovers/{coverfolder}

{coverfolder} comes from your scummvm_plugin.ini.

Also note that description is used as the game title display for coverflow
and
agi-fanmade is sent to the plugin as the {path} argument. where scummvm uses it to look in scummvm.ini to find the game's info.

I'm not sure why the case color isn't working for you.

Edit: It could also be the crazy cache covers issue that tetsuo and mrsw pointed out in a different thread. apparently cache covers works sometimes. i sent a new test dol to tetsuo and he says he has no issue with it so I will be releasing a beta soon.

Last edited by fledge68,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I've deleted previous ScummVM install. All folders, .ini files, replaced plugin_data with new. I've used Wiimpathy files untouched to no avail. The problem still persists. I can install games from HBC ScummVM then they show up on WFL and play fine. Game Information and Snapshot are present but Covers are not. The case/spine color problem is still there as well. I use HDD exclusively for everything Wii related, so SD/ HDD conflict is not a problem. I also reverted back to 5.3 beta 14 & tried using default theme as well. I'm at a loss. Is my platform.ini causing this issue? I have pretty much ruled out all possible causes I can think of. I can upload my platform.ini if need be, or will try any suggestions. Thanks

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I've deleted previous ScummVM install. All folders, .ini files, replaced plugin_data with new. I've used Wiimpathy files untouched to no avail. The problem still persists. I can install games from HBC ScummVM then they show up on WFL and play fine. Game Information and Snapshot are present but Covers are not. The case/spine color problem is still there as well. I use HDD exclusively for everything Wii related, so SD/ HDD conflict is not a problem. I also reverted back to 5.3 beta 14 & tried using default theme as well. I'm at a loss. Is my platform.ini causing this issue? I have pretty much ruled out all possible causes I can think of. I can upload my platform.ini if need be, or will try any suggestions. Thanks
Where are you covers located? In what folder are the cover pngs?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I used the 5.4.1 test and no luck. After editing and shuffling things around, trying version 2.1.0 then reinstalling WFL, i've decided to give up. One last test. I copied over a Sega CD cache file to the ScummVM cache folder & renamed it sky.wfc. The artwork shows up for "Beneath A Steel Sky" on ScummVM plugin. So either......

1. This is a bug
2. I have some sort of file corruption
3. My scummvm_plugin.ini is not correct

The art.png files are from @mastershoes collection & I just dropped them into boxcovers folder untouched.

Thanks for the help @fledge68 . I'll upload my .ini file for you to have a look if you would like. Thanks again

Attachments

• scummvm_plugin.zip
    330 bytes · Views: 129

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1