WiiFlow Lite with emulator's database

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Wiimpathy, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    I'm on 5.3.0 beta 11. This is happening only with Scummvm games.
    It only shows game ID, Snapshot (when available), and Players:255. No release, genre, cart_disk image etc... at all.
    @Wiimpathy it happens even if I delete gametdb_offsets.bin

2. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    fixed it. will be releasing soon.

basically I used m_plugin.pluginMagicWord to get the platformName. but certain functions caused pluginMagicWord to change to a different plugin. which caused game info to not find the game in the xml because it was the wrong xml.

Tetsuo Shima likes this.
  3. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Here is my updated database for Dosbox and Scummvm games.
    Download
    IMPORTANT NOTE (please read): I changed some game names, and I know that not everyone will agree with my choices. I wanted games from the same series to sit next to each other, in order to do that I had to rename some game names in the database (e.g. "Riven: the sequel to Myst" ---> "Myst 2 - Riven" or "The Curse of Monkey Island"---> "Monkey Island 3 - The Curse of Monkey Island").

In the Dos database I included source ports games from other plugins (Eduke32, and Prboom). No sense in leaving them all by themselves, or trying to run them in Dosbox at perfect speed (impossible on the wii).

One final note: when you update the database ini and xml files, remember to always delete the respective 'gametdb_offsets.bin' and let Wiiflow recreate it.

Updated / added games:
    DOS

SCUMMVM

So, if you don't like these names, edit the ini and xml files in plugin_data, and rename your png files in cart_box and snapshots folders accordingly.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Nov 21, 2019
    Wiimpathy likes this.
  4. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Dec 10, 2019 at 9:25 PM
    fledge68 likes this.
  5. Wiimpathy
    OP

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    Thanks. However, the DOS.xml you posted is malformed. Not sure it's working properly in Wiiflow. 1 closing tag is missing:
    <title>Pinball Dreams Deluxe/title> should be <title>Pinball Dreams Deluxe</title>
    On linux, there's xmllint to check xml validity, something similar should exist on Windows too.

6. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    That's too bad, I'm really sorry. I had no issues in Wiiflow. Thanks, I will correct it and check supergrafx too

7. Wiimpathy
    OP

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    Little update, see Wiiflow_Database_V3.zip attached in the opening post.
    - 3 new databases: CREATIVISION, GAME & WATCH, SuperGrafx.
    - Thomson TO5 fixed. It contained non ut8 characters.

In this post, you'll find a pack of images for Game & watch and SuperGrafx.
    G&W need better images though.

For those who want to edit the databases and want to check their validity, there's xmlstarlet for Windows too.
    No need to install anything. From command line, for example you type:

xmlstarlet val -w "e:\wiiflow\plugins_data\TO5\TO5.xml"

Attached Files:

Last edited by Wiimpathy, Dec 9, 2019 at 5:04 PM
    Tetsuo Shima likes this.
  8. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Thanks @Wiimpathy!
    I had already included all images for Supergrafx's cart and snaps in my pack, though (I had to fix some of the Hucards cart images that were trimmed, like the one you posted)

9. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    About the SGFX, I also noticed that you removed the two Darius games (plus and alpha).
    While it's true that they are PC engine games, they were designed to support the improved SGFX hardware, as advertised on their cover by the "PC-SG" logo. Thery're the only 2 games with this feature, so I think they should be both in the PCE and SGFX databases.

10. Wiimpathy
    OP

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    Ah, ok. I must admit that I just scraped the data and almost didn't check anything. Your SGFX database and images seem better but your link is dead. Would you mind re-uploading please?

11. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Thanks for reporting it to me. I don't know what happened. I re uploaded it
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/i8xxyzx57hpt41k/wiiflow_SGFX_database.rar/file
    Your images are nice. I think that your snapshots are actually better
    My database is missing several crc numbers from yours. The fact is that I don't know how to find crc's for games. I tried that screenscraper.fr site but I cannot seem to navigate it. I just found a list of single crc numbers googling around and put it there.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Dec 10, 2019 at 9:38 PM
    Iamerror80 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted