Wiiflow and Neek2o (2022) question

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh in that case, I should have it installed as IOS because I followed the Wii.guide tutorial step by step. But I don't know where those files would be...
try to change path to emunand
open the GXGlobal.cfg file
if you have these two items you have to change them
NandEmuPath=usb1:/nands/01/
NandEmuChanPath=usb1:/nands/01/
in
NandEmuPath=usb1:/nands/pl_us/
NandEmuChanPath=usb1:/nands/pl_us/
this pl_us folder created by modmii must be in the nands folder

jdsteel7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember it said 'insert sd card for use with BootMii' or something along those lines. It made the armboot.bin file in the right place on the SD card that was in your Wii then.

You can also just run the bootmii installer again to get those sd card files made.
Okay I just check my SD card and I do indeed have SD:\bootmii\armboot.bin present. And I'm 99.9% sure that I installed Bootmii as an IOS because that's what the Wii.hack page for BootMii setup says to do and I just followed that step for step.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I just check my SD card and I do indeed have SD:\bootmii\armboot.bin present. And I'm 99.9% sure that I installed Bootmii as an IOS because that's what the Wii.hack page for BootMii setup says to do and I just followed that step for step.
So bootmii is very happy to install as boot2 instead of IOS if your Wii is compatible with that (it's more brick-proof). But you specifically want it installed as an IOS too for neek2o.

jdsteel7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think I found an solution. After spending hours working on this today, I went to Google and found a zip file floating around for vWii that had preconfigured Neek2o files. It seems to boot up on my Wii, and I was able to run Castlevania REbirth. I have no idea how to set up my games to exit out of Neek after running them, but I can live with just power off and hard resetting my Wii each time if need be.
Too bad these files are proprietary and unable to be shared. It would save people like myself so much headache.

jdsteel7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So games seem to be be booting fine with both WiiFlow and with USB Loader GX using the per game "neek" mode in the options. However, in USB Loader GX when I press home on the remote, the system just locks up and the DVD drive flashes blue constantly. In the per game manu, the option "return to" is set to "on".
Also, in WiiFlow, I can usually get back to the Neek Emunand home system menu, but it's super slow and buggish and then when I click on homebrew channel (I'm trying to install the channel to get out of Neek and back to realnand without having to restart my Wii), it locks up.
Any ideas?

jdsteel7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Exidous @CoolMe @matto21

Okay, here is an update. Emunand and Neek2o are working with pretty much everything besides Wiiware- that's where I'm running into heaps of issues.

In fact, the only Wiiware games that I've got to work is Castlvania Rebirth and Cave story (retro pixelated games coincidence?). Other ones just don't like Fluidity, Nyxquest, Dr. Mario Online Rx, World of Good, LostWinds, etc.. none of them are working. I'll either get a black screen, a dialogue saying "the system files for XXXXX have been corrupted" or just a code dump crash.
I've tried changing the bios from 249 to 250 and 251, and of course tried enabling Neek during the boot (in both USB Loader GX and WiiFlow).
I know the Wads are good because injecting directly into the realNand, the game plays just fine.
Any thoughts?
Do I have to "install" the Wiiware games directly into the virtual nand again (as channels) while I'm inside of Neek? Would that make any difference?

Last edited by jdsteel7,

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Exidous @CoolMe @matto21

Okay, here is an update. Emunand and Neek2o are working with pretty much everything besides Wiiware- that's where I'm running into heaps of issues.

In fact, the only Wiiware game that I've got to work is Castlvania Rebirth. Other ones just don't like Fluidity, Nyxquest, Dr. Mario Online Rx, World of Good, LostWinds, etc.. none of them are working. I'll either get a black screen, a dialogue saying "the system files for XXXXX have been corrupted" or just a code dump crash. Cave Story freezes as soon as I select "yes" to creating a save file for the game upon launch.
I've tried changing the bios from 249 to 250 and 251, and of course tried enabling Neek during the boot (in both USB Loader GX and WiiFlow).
I know the Wads are good because injecting directly into the realNand, the game plays just fine.
Any thoughts?
Do I have to "install" the Wiiware games directly into the virtual nand again (as channels) while I'm inside of Neek? Would that make any difference?
Neek2o I have it on the sd and I start it from the channel I use it only with problematic games

jdsteel7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 42

jdsteel7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to just install the Wiiware titles directly to my Nand and then transfer them to my SD card. It's not worth the hassle of trying to get them to run through Emunand via Neek or whatever other method.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, the only Wiiware games that I've got to work is Castlvania Rebirth and Cave story (retro pixelated games coincidence?). Other ones just don't like Fluidity, Nyxquest, Dr. Mario Online Rx, World of Good, LostWinds, etc.. none of them are working. I'll either get a black screen, a dialogue saying "the system files for XXXXX have been corrupted" or just a code dump crash.
Are the wads installed the same region as the created Emunand image? Are you launching them from the home menu or USBLoaderGX?
Do you have "region free" everything, "RF WiiWare" etc. in the Priiloader settings? If not, i recommend doing so.
and of course tried enabling Neek during the boot (in both USB Loader GX and WiiFlow).
I suggest launching Neek2o and going to the Emunand home menu and launching WiiWare games from there. Could be an issue with USBLoaderGX if you're launching them from sysnand with the Emunand path/settings..
Yes, try installing them when you're in Emunand, even though using ShowMiiWads should do the same (if that's what you were using), it's def worth a try..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast