Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
LMFAO!! Honestly I think it's hilarious how bothered people are by "ideas", and funnier still how spacepimp has been able to get these reactions from people. My friend u really seem to have a gift for pissing people off w/o being offensive or rude from what I can tell.

Keep doing what you do 'Pimpin, not only do you have some great ideas, but like Etheboss said, it drives progress whether it comes to fruition or not. Either way I want more ideas to keep sprouting, I'm curious to see if it'll drive people insane enough to put themselves out of their own misery haha :P :lol:

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do you have force cIOS mode enabled? if not may give it a try, grab my startup editor here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o4kj8iyw2iie1/Downloads
and enable force cIOS load, maybe that helps. It seems like for some people 4.2.1 doesnt work properly with the normal IOS58 mode.

nickh The report is great, but you haven't answered the last question so that we can help you, and fix94 has now suggested the same thing. Have u enabled force cIOS load?
I'll give it a go. I've been a bit slow responding as my server/gateway also black-screened when I rebooted it yesterday and I'm trying to salvage it with minimal data loss.

What I do find strange is why downloading covers triggers the issue.

starwarsfan541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this problem with all usb launchers and cleanrip where I cant copy discs or play wii backups but gc ones work fine

I recently used modmii to update d2x nd that seemed to cause it

I then tried to install older cd2x but that did not solve it either anyone have any suggestions I am getting really frustrated?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having this problem with all usb launchers and cleanrip where I cant copy discs or play wii backups but gc ones work fine

I recently used modmii to update d2x nd that seemed to cause it

I then tried to install older cd2x but that did not solve it either anyone have any suggestions I am getting really frustrated?

Hi, they are mainly two big d2x versions, v10 and v10 alternative. Both got a different compatibility list, maybe before you were using the alternative version. Just grab the d2x installer and give the v10 alternative a try.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
starwarsfan541 you can find the main differences here, neither of which IMO should be affecting your ability to rip discs but I guess it's worth it to try a different cIOS version. Although what u might really want to do is re-install your IOS58 since that's what cleanrip uses IIRC to rip discs and if that's not working then it's not a cIOS issue.

starwarsfan541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starwarsfan541 you can find the main differences here, neither of which IMO should be affecting your ability to rip discs but I guess it's worth it to try a different cIOS version. Although what u might really want to do is re-install your IOS58 since that's what cleanrip uses IIRC to rip discs and if that's not working then it's not a cIOS issue.

Okay, so do you just download ios58 off of the nusd or does it need patched?

Thanks by the way for the quick responses

starwarsfan541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just grab it from NUS, also dont patch it, homebrew applications want IOS58 to be clean and original.

Okay, before I do that the error I get off cleanrip is write error I am currently doing checking the usb drive I use. So install IOS 58 is there anything to do afterwards?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, before I do that the error I get off cleanrip is write error I am currently doing checking the usb drive I use. So install IOS 58 is there anything to do afterwards?

If your homebrew channel is not running on IOS58 you will need to reinstall the homebrew channel after installing IOS58.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't need to be patched but I'm sure there are several trusted hacking guides that will have a WAD for u to install. Also I recommend doing anything fix94 suggests to see how it works out, he's very knowledgeable.

EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja:

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I am going to try running chkdsk and testing it again and if that doesnt work do the ios58
k and good luck.

AbdallahTerro for some reason AVAST is now popping up with this when going to your masterpiece site.. legit or bullshit? what say ye?? lol
WFMasterpieceVirusPrompt_zps8bd6f865.png

EDIT: Figured it's WiiFlow related and since it's regularly used don't want any other users freaking out cuz of the prompt and missing out on all the goodness it has to offer.

starwarsfan541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay tried another usb and it worked fine to copy games.....

Hopefully chkdsk fixes the problem on my bigger one ripping Brawl and 10 GC games is not fun

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah how I love thee WiiFlow. Not only can I play my Wii games in a sexy fashion (GUI), but I also have a Museum & gallery of consoles to choose from (plugins, Source Menu/Flow) but I can also watch movies (MplayerCE plugin), listen to my music and surf the web (Internet Plugin), all through the same fantastic interface as a frontend.
WiiFlow = Majestic :hrth:

Of course nothing would be possible w/o the contributions of all other Homebrew devs and emu plugin creators ;)

Holy shit and how could I forgot all the full cover creators in all their glory! Without u guys we'd have nothing but question marks and default covers. +1 for all theme creators too, I have an abundance of themes now thanks to you guys and they're all spectacular. Here's to a prosperous and joyous 2014 for all things WiiFlow.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
k and good luck.

AbdallahTerro for some reason AVAST is now popping up with this when going to your masterpiece site.. legit or bullshit? what say ye?? lol
<snip>

EDIT: Figured it's WiiFlow related and since it's regularly used don't want any other users freaking out cuz of the prompt and missing out on all the goodness it has to offer.
I have to take a look, but I know already that the youtube preview video causes a false security issue.
Maybe in the end I'll encrypt or secure the content in a way or another. 10x

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll give it a go. I've been a bit slow responding as my server/gateway also black-screened when I rebooted it yesterday and I'm trying to salvage it with minimal data loss.

What I do find strange is why downloading covers triggers the issue.
do you have force cIOS mode enabled? if not may give it a try, grab my startup editor here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o4kj8iyw2iie1/Downloads
and enable force cIOS load, maybe that helps. It seems like for some people 4.2.1 doesnt work properly with the normal IOS58 mode.
nickh The report is great, but you haven't answered the last question so that we can help you, and fix94 has now suggested the same thing. Have u enabled force cIOS load?

I've given the force cIOS load option a go, forcing 249[56] and Sports Resort works OK now, thanks. I am still puzzled about the covers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!