Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those of you having trouble with the source menu. please delete the [PLUGIN] section of wiiflow.ini and try r855. it's working for me

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Fledge68, I tried your dol, and same as before, but now b while in an emulator view resets to the same view.
I also tried editing mplayer.

Adding .iso alone didn't work. Dvd menu pops up for a second then loads straight into the movie.

arguments=dvdnav:///{device}:/{path}/{name}
makes the dvd menu stay up, a white box over one of the selections, unable to use the pointer or controller to navigate. Also, now other videos don't want to play with this argument.

The movie I tried was a copy of just the main movie from a dvd. I don't like the menu's - i like to go straight to the movie. so it works fine for me.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
for those of you having trouble with the source menu. please delete the [PLUGIN] section of wiiflow.ini and try r855. it's working for me
Negative here, something is wrong
Edit: oops 854 here, 1 sec.. I'll test again with 855
Edit2: if [plugin] section is to be blamed then it should be deleted automatically from now on
Edit3:855 also has the source menu issue, just after going into a plugin with many games, wiiflow goes crazy, asks for partitions and loads last folw and refuses to go into the source menu.
Edit4: Source menu doesn't work when I load plugins that has magic numbers. Only works when in Wii, GC, Nand or Homebrew modes.
Edit5: also looks like WF is forgetting the plugin partitions with this new dol (the partition is still in the wiflow.ini but I'm still being asked to select it) once selected again it is remembered!!
Edit6: Hope this helps fledge to figure out the bug, as for "All Plugins" option I guess having it back is not necessary (I'll make the all plugins button load all the magic numbers for the 28 dols separated by commas - this will prevent loading duplicates and optimizes memory usage) when this bug is exterminated ofc :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I want the pic of the codedump, and make sure you dont use any emu nand or so, because that doesnt work properly.
Skyward Sword code dump:
25g7ac2.jpg
That's strange I'm playing through SS in Hero Mode and I get no Code Dumps, emusave however doesn't seem to work right with it, Emusave works for many other games I just don't know why it doesn't for Skyward Sword. I have to turn emunand off for it to work properly or else it randomly black screens during loading :blink:

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange I'm playing through SS in Hero Mode and I get no Code Dumps, emusave however doesn't seem to work right with it, Emusave works for many other games I just don't know why it doesn't for Skyward Sword. I have to turn emunand off for it to work properly or else it randomly black screens during loading :blink:
It was working before with me too, but since I had to rehack my Wii again, I must be forgettting to do something..

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
arguments=dvdnav:///{device}:/{path}/{name}
makes the dvd menu stay up, a white box over one of the selections, unable to use the pointer or controller to navigate. Also, now other videos don't want to play with this argument.
The controls for navigating the DVD menu in mplayer are a little different http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE
EDIT : see the "DVD Navigation" table.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Negative here, something is wrong
Edit: oops 854 here, 1 sec.. I'll test again with 855
Edit2: if [plugin] section is to be blamed then it should be deleted automatically from now on
Edit3:855 also has the source menu issue, just after going into a plugin with many games, wiiflow goes crazy, asks for partitions and loads last folw and refuses to go into the source menu.
Edit4: Source menu doesn't work when I load plugins that has magic numbers. Only works when in Wii, GC, Nand or Homebrew modes.
Edit5: also looks like WF is forgetting the plugin partitions with this new dol (the partition is still in the wiflow.ini but I'm still being asked to select it) once selected again it is remembered!!
Edit6: Hope this helps fledge to figure out the bug, as for "All Plugins" option I guess having it back is not necessary (I'll make the all plugins button load all the magic numbers for the 28 dols separated by commas - this will prevent loading duplicates and optimizes memory usage) when this bug is exterminated ofc :)
really baffled, anyone else - does r855 work for you? the [PLUGIN] section should be deleted only this one time because r852 didn't work right with source btns that had multiple magic numbers - it added them under [PLUGIN] like this - magic#, magic#=yes

@Abz - I'm thinking you need to delete your lists cache folder and go into each view one at a time to have wiiflow recreate the lists. I'll add the all plugins option back as soon as we get things working right. Some questions:

1. did this every work right for you at all?
2. does it work right when you select one btn at a time with 'A'
3. does the view switcher icon at the bottom of the main screen work right including the d-pad option
4. what about going into emu mode with the view switcher icon and then use the select plugin menu

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay, here it is, the
DeSmuMe Wii Plugin

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqskk7l1dkzajj3

It's based off of the r252 code (the latest) and will also run fine as a boot.dol with all the same features as the normal r252 when run that way. The plugin assumes you would select hardware rendering instead of software but if anyone's having trouble with that just let me know. (make sure you've tested the game running it as a boot.dol and selecting both software and hardware rendering before you complain, though. NDS emulation isn't perfect anyhow.)

EDIT : updated the link. had forgotten to include source code. It's all legal now.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The movie I tried was a copy of just the main movie from a dvd. I don't like the menu's - i like to go straight to the movie. so it works fine for me.
I like having the special features and everything. Plus it'd be alot easier to load a 1:1 dvd than have to sift through tv shows episode by episode and make a cover for each. Maybe after all the other bugs are squashed someone can figure it out.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I got everything working. I basically rebuilt my SD card from the ground up. Im using Wiiflow beta 4.1.1-r849. I'm wondering, In the other version that I was using there was an option in wiiflow to launch a wii game using neek02, which ran certain trouble games flawlessly. Has that option been removed? I see it for Wiiware titles in the settings, but not in the Wii section? Should I grab an older build of wiiflow? Is there something Im missing here?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay, and here's my second beta attempt at the Mighty Channels plugin:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a6b3edf5122561m

It's based on the v4 plugin for CFG this time and it gets farther for me than the previous one. It gets all the way to "checking savegame..." before it gets stuck. Again, if anyone has a WORKING screenshot of the startup text for the original v4 plugin in CFG, please send me a screenshot. The arguments I'm using in the INI file are based off of a screenshot posted saying it was NOT working so I don't really know if CFG is now passing different arguments in to get it working.

Also, it's possible it would work better with cIOS249rev17. If you happen to have that installed as, for example, IOS252 you could add |--ios=252 to the end of the arguments= line and see if it helps.

- For those who don't already have this one installed, you'll need to run the prep app from a computer first to make the dummy files.
- You'll also have to replace the part of the argument where it says NAND path with your personal emuNAND path (right after where it says "--path" and up to but not including the next "|" that shows up.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I like having the special features and everything. Plus it'd be alot easier to load a 1:1 dvd than have to sift through tv shows episode by episode and make a cover for each. Maybe after all the other bugs are squashed someone can figure it out.
dvd nav.JPG
(If that helps ... since it doesn't work with the pointer.)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Okay, here it is, the
DeSmuMe Wii Plugin

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqskk7l1dkzajj3

It's based off of the r252 code (the latest) and will also run fine as a boot.dol with all the same features as the normal r252 when run that way. The plugin assumes you would select hardware rendering instead of software but if anyone's having trouble with that just let me know. (make sure you've tested the game running it as a boot.dol and selecting both software and hardware rendering before you complain, though. NDS emulation isn't perfect anyhow.)

EDIT : updated the link. had forgotten to include source code. It's all legal now.
Black screen when launching the game.
Do I need to edit or delete anything?
Thanks

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Black screen when launching the game.
Do I need to edit or delete anything?
Thanks
Hmm, that's wierd. It should be good as is. It worked fine for me with Mario Kart DS both from HBC and as a plugin. (ROM on the SD card)
What game is it?
Does the game work fine from the normal HBC version?
Do you have all the folders in place like
/DS/roms
/DS/saves
/DS/bios
(now that I think of it, I don't remember if I had placed bios files in there or not. It had been such a long time since I had previously used this emulator.)
If it works from HBC, is it the latest download available on the googlecode page (r185) or the latest revision (r252)?
If it's r252, did you choose software rendering or hardware?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hmm, that's wierd. It should be good as is. It worked fine for me with Mario Kart DS both from HBC and as a plugin. (ROM on the SD card)
What game is it?
Does the game work fine from the normal HBC version?
Do you have all the folders in place like
/DS/roms
/DS/saves
/DS/bios
(now that I think of it, I don't remember if I had placed bios files in there or not. It had been such a long time since I had previously used this emulator.)
If it works from HBC, is it the latest download available on the googlecode page (r185) or the latest revision (r252)?
If it's r252, did you choose software rendering or hardware?
it's Pop Me! :) just 1 game
works fine from HBC
bios files present
just black screen in WF
will double check magics and stuff... but I'm almost sure they are fine.
will follow...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, and here's my second beta attempt at the Mighty Channels plugin:
Sorry to bother you Maxternal, but why do we actually have a Mighty plugin (other then proving it works as a plugin)? Wiiflow already uses code from triiforce/mighty channnel and some other bits from other homebrew to get the best emulation possible with a cIOS. And if that failes, you can even use neek2o to start vc/wiiware...it completely misses the point for me to use a plugin, because wiiflow does a beter job already.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Sorry to bother you Maxternal, but why do we actually have a Mighty plugin (other then proving it works as a plugin)? Wiiflow already uses code from triiforce/mighty channnel and some other bits from other homebrew to get the best emulation possible with a cIOS. And if that failes, you can even use neek2o to start vc/wiiware...it completely misses the point for me to use a plugin, because wiiflow does a beter job already.
Yeah, options, but it was practically already done and just seemed to need some tweaking to work with WiiFlow. I just thought it would be a fun learning challenge for me (kinda like the DM(L) Booter, WiiFlow crap autoboot, and Devolution plugins, too).

I also started them before these last few revs that were able to mix coverflows so it also was to help add that functionality back when we didn't have it. Since they use dummy files, though, they can also mix coverflows across several partitions including SD and I'm still not sure if the new revs can do that. haven't tested that.

... but mostly just for the programming learning challenge.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a follow up: I fixed my Skyward Sword problem.
I had to rerip the game due to the fact that when I changed hard drives, the .wbfs file somehow got corrupt.
So all is well again. Thanks to everybody who tried to help me solve this problem.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q