Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it on my hdd apps folder and as a plugin.. why, is that a no no or something? I think I put it in my apps folder on hdd cuz it wasn't working then and thought to give that a try..

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
I just find it confounding that a new member pops up and his first post is to spit code at me with no explanation on what to do with it. :/

I agree, maybe they'll come back in speak in a human ugg-ugg, and not computer blip-blip? Drives me mad when people do that to me. Even back when I knew what the blip-blip meant!

Just took 853 for a spin, having some really weird issues. Upon fresh install, I'm told that no games can be found. Install game or select partition. Doesn't matter what partition I choose, same screen.

I'm unable to B select any of my plugins. I can select homebrew, emunand, wii and gamecube modes and they all combine (under which coverflow, I wonder) but if I hit B on any emulators, Wiiflow resets itself and I'm sent back to Wii games.
Also, and this must be related, but when I select an emu plugin from the source menu as I normally would, and then try to to go back to the source menu, it instead reboots, back to wii games. Noticed as well that B no longer goes back to coverflow from source. Perhaps it could be specified that if pointer isn't over a button then it goes back to flow?

Another thing I noticed, the B select outline shows on some themes, but not others, not sure why. Some themes make Wiiflow crash, as well.

I'm having the same problem with B select for plugins in r849 for plugins and I have the same reset problem.

I'm also having problems with the 'Exit to' button, sometimes I get a list of what to exit to, and some times it just goes straight to the Wii menu.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure of the base.. which do I need?
Also the videos are .mkv and .avi format. d'l from the net. Was working on my SD card, but now to watch movies I have to use WiiMC
Base 60 works best for me.

DVD quality is 480p. WiiMC can play up to 720p, (although it gets downscaled to 480p).

See if you can play the movies from MPlayerCE when launched from the HBC.

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having trouble still with getting mplayerce to play movies on hard drive. Videos and covers show I just get a black screen at launch.
Tried installing cios 202 but still a no go. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks

Update your cache ;)

[PLUGIN]
magic=4D504345
coverColor=ffffff
coverFolder=mplayerce
fileTypes=.avi|.mp4|.mkv
romDir=movies
dolFile=mplayerce-svn-r673.dol
bannerSound=THX.ogg
displayname=MPlayerCE
consoleCoverID=
arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How I can add dvd rips to WiiFlow!?

(all *.vob have the same name in subfolder.
HDD :\\Movies\Movie Name\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
HDD :\\Movies\Movie Name\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
HDD :\\Movies\Movie Name\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_*.VOB)

If i update the cache, Wiiflow shows me only (VTS_01_1.VOB / VTS_01_1.VOB / VTS_01_*.VOB) not the movie name!

BTW:

I've created a program that has the ability to copy Files over 4 Gb to Fat32 formatted HDD B-)

Reactions: MassiveRican

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I can add dvd rips to WiiFlow!?

(all *.vob have the same name in subfolder.
HDD :\\Movies\Movie Name\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
HDD :\\Movies\Movie Name\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
HDD :\\Movies\Movie Name\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_*.VOB)

If i update the cache, Wiiflow shows me only (VTS_01_1.VOB / VTS_01_1.VOB / VTS_01_*.VOB) not the movie name!

BTW:

I've created a program that has the ability to copy Files over 4 Gb to Fat32 formatted HDD B-)
Sorry Spayrosam but you have to convert them to video files like avi and divx. can mplayerce even play dvd rips like that when you run it directly and not thru wiiflow?

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry Spayrosam but you have to convert them to video files like avi and divx. can mplayerce even play dvd rips like that when you run it directly and not thru wiiflow?
Thanks a lot

To avoid video quality loss (convert DVD) VOBMerge is a better possibility.
http://www.evilmaster.net/?page=tools
(VOBMerge is a tool for merging (joining) several .vob files into one file. This is useful for seamless playback or editing of DVD video on your harddrive.)

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
@wiimanofthenorth - 'b' on source menu btns wasn't even added in 849 try r852+

Maybe I've missed understood something that darkorex said, but what I mean is while I can see my Wii games, if I press 'B' somewhere on the screen where there isn't anything, it just puts wiiflow into some sort of a loop like it's trying to load wiiflow back up, but never does. I used to be able to get the plugins menu.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I've missed understood something that darkorex said, but what I mean is while I can see my Wii games, if I press 'B' somewhere on the screen where there isn't anything, it just puts wiiflow into some sort of a loop like it's trying to load wiiflow back up, but never does. I used to be able to get the plugins menu.
That's strange ... Have you made any recent changes to the source_menu.ini or wiiflow.ini? Changed any of the plugins? can you go to plugins view by using the view switcher icon at the bottom of the main screen? and once you get there can you go to the settings and select plugins menu to change which plugins you see? You may need to redo your source menu folder and plugins folder.

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
That's strange ... Have you made any recent changes to the source_menu.ini or wiiflow.ini? Changed any of the plugins? can you go to plugins view by using the view switcher icon at the bottom of the main screen? and once you get there can you go to the settings and select plugins menu to change which plugins you see? You may need to redo your source menu folder and plugins folder.

1) Nope haven't changed anything in source_menu.ini or wiiflow.ini recently
2) I can press the switcher icon from wii-GC-nand-, then it has the same problem as pressing 'B'. So I can't do any settings on that page.
3) I'll have ago at doing the source menu folder yet again and get back to you.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Nope haven't changed anything in source_menu.ini or wiiflow.ini recently
2) I can press the switcher icon from wii-GC-nand-, then it has the same problem as pressing 'B'. So I can't do any settings on that page.
3) I'll have ago at doing the source menu folder yet again and get back to you.
if you can't do number 2 then there's most likely something corrupt in your plugins folder and you need to redo your plugins folder. Also try deleting your lists folder inside your wiiflow/cache folder.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
arguments=dvdnav:///{device}:/{path}/{name}
Extrems does work on Not64 and Mplayer CE. I think he's trying to say that MPlayer CE does support 1:1 rips of DVD's and to use them you need to set the arguments option in your mplayerce plugin to the above

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY