Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried 249 base 56, 250 base 57, 251 base 58. same result each time, black screen and a droning whine when I try to start the game from in game menu.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
WiiFlow v4.1 Final r839 Jumbo Plus Pack The Masterpiece - Pirate's Edition:
The pack that has it all, Now with more more Plugins, Tools and Updates and Practical rompaths for all Emulators and many bugfixes too :)

New Updates:
* Updated WiiFlow to rev 839 (Many bug fixes including SD emunand fix)
* Changed "Info" Button to "Help" Button and fixed "Go" button size/position in game installation menu
* Added plugin partition autosave feature so that we don't need to change it when roms are on several partitions (Thanks Fledge68)
* Language files update
* Added "WF-Priiloader-Forwader-Loader-DWFA.dol" for priiloader in order to use WF as System Menu replacement
* Updated D2X CIOS to v10 (rev52/53 Wii Editions)
* Updated Devolution/loader to rev169
* Faster Boot using Wii Savegame Emulation
* Updated Uneek2o to rev 95 Beta 4 (Back on track - Thanks OverJoy)
* Added FanArt Downloader and Creator to the pack for FanArt fans :)
* Added WiiFlow Channel - Clouds v15 for vWii (Thanks Fix94)
* Added Fix94's d2x cIOS Installer Mod v2.2 for vWii Link
* Updated Wii64 Plugin to "Autoboot Edition" (Thanks Drexyl)
* Added nmm2gci-v0.2-suloku and gcmm-v1.4-suloku GC savegame Tools to GC_PC_Tools.rar
* Updated Carbonik Abz theme to 4.0.6+ with many bugfixes especially for 16:9 mode in all modes

8yb39f.jpg

Direct Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wr1n5zd03zak6by
Full info Here as usual

Also Carbonic Abz Theme Standalone for v4.1+ (Theme + Source menu + Missing Covers) all 16:9 modes fixed (it's in the pack but in case you only need to update the theme)

Happy new year
Abz
:)

Reactions: MassiveRican

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lets begin the new year with wiiflow 4.1 :D
This time you dont just get bugfixes, also some cool new features and modifcations are there :)
At first, you have a new menu in the global settings, page 2, now you can set the cIOS load management directly in wiiflow, so if wiiflow runs better in a cIOS, just enable force cIOS load, or if you want the default cIOS 250 instead of 249, just set the force cIOS rev to 250 etc.
Wiiflow will now also auto create a savegame on your wii, and yes, a normal savegame which you can see in the system menu, there we save our new cIOS stuff from now on, and in the future we will for sure move more into that since the NAND loading time is much shorter!
Also, the credits button in the main coverflow is replaced by the help button (makes much more sense), and the help button in the home menu is replaced by a install game button.
To the game installation, finally you can directly select the partition from now on where you want to install the game, no need to go into global settings anymore and set the partition there to something else :)
Also we now have full vWii compatility, the forwarder is updated, using my new nand loader, and d2x works again, using my new installer and davebaols updated cIOS sources.
The stupid shutdown bug should be fixed now lol, as well as all NAND emulation bugs from SD card. Most network init bugs should be fixed now too, if you still have some play around with the "async_network" option in your wiiflow.ini a bit, for some people its better with and for some better without.
If you dont want to use the sd card to make debug logs may use the wifi gecko option, its much better and more detailed now in the debug output, even more than the sd card log! You can use the wifi gecko reader as always, see the readme in it.
The categories menu is now also affected by parental lock, so nothing bad can happen there anymore. Also if you select a partition for a plugin, it will be saved specifically for that plugin, that means easier plugin partition management. Last may important point is wiiflow now can load homebrew dols and elfs up to 32mb, old limit was 16mb.
I wont mention all the other cleanups, bugfixes and whatever done in this rev, but all that stuff should be reason enough to call it 4.1, have fun with this rev guys :)
Also I now finished my work on the vWii forwarder, its well tested and should work just like the normal v14b forwarder on a normal wii, you can also get it from google code together with wiiflow 4.1:
http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
At first, you have a new menu in the global settings, page 2, now you can set the cIOS load management directly in wiiflow, so if wiiflow runs better in a cIOS, just enable force cIOS load, or if you want the default cIOS 250 instead of 249, just set the force cIOS rev to 250 etc.
Is it possible to load Wiiflow with a non-d2x cIOS and start games from the emunand?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, noob question here. I'm trying to transfer a couple of saves from real NAND to an emu NAND I already have set up on the HDD. According to the main page of the wiki it lists one of the features as "Copy savegames from real NAND to emu NAND". I only have a couple I need copied as almost all of them are already on the emu NAND. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where this setting is?
you need to select the game and go to it's settings and I think it's page 4 or 5. you must have wiiflow set up to use an emu nand. This only works for Wii games.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks FIX94 for all you have done!!!!Have a Happy New Year!!!

P.S I think I found a bug.Using vWii,the option to return to HBC after exiting a game produces a black screen.I tried the same issue with my original Wii and the Return to HBC option works flawlessly!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks FIX94 for all you have done!!!!Have a Happy New Year!!!

P.S I think I found a bug.Using vWii,the option to return to HBC after exiting a game produces a black screen.I tried the same issue with my original Wii and the Return to HBC option works flawlessly!
The one in my pack used v15test2 as a base and was reported to return to both SM and HBC just fine on vWii,
you might give it a try or try Fix's test2 wad.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The one in my pack used v15test2 as a base and was reported to return to both SM and HBC just fine on vWii,
you might give it a try or try Fix's test2 wad.
Thanks for your answer!I am not using any forwarders,I prefer to load Wiiflow from HBC instead.Perhaps a new boot.dol file would be really helpful!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also we now have full vWii compatility, the forwarder is updated, using my new nand loader, and d2x works again, using my new installer and davebaols updated cIOS sources.
http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list
Does this also mean full wii game compatability? I still can't get monster hunter tri to work, even using d2xv10 249 using 56 as a base.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Massive thanks FIX94 I've been looking forward to the new update, happy new year :grog:

Q. Are there now 2 different forwarders one for Wii and another for vWii (v14b)?
Or v15 which works on either?
oops just seen the "forwarders" thread in wiiu section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ